Have you ever heard of Tailtiu?

I find that a lot of people know about Lugh when celebrating Lúnasa, but have you ever heard of Tailtiu? If not, I encourage you to take some time and learn about her! (and subscribe to my YouTube channel:sweat_smile:)

All the sources and extra information for this video is available in the video description on YouTube :heart: :ear_of_rice:

9 Likes

It’s always exciting to learn about a new deity- and this is the perfect video to watch as we get ready to welcome the Sabbat tomorrow! :ear_of_rice: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you for sharing, @MeganB- blessed Lúnasa! :sparkles:

4 Likes

You’re welcome, Bry! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

She’s a little-known Goddess. It’s funny, too, because the history of Lúnasa depends on the myth you read, even in Irish mythology :laughing: it’s all so complicated!

4 Likes

@MeganB She’s not so little now. You’ve shined a light on her and she’ll be pleased. It’s always nice to meet gods and goddesses new and old. :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

That means a lot to me :heart: It’s especially hard with Celtic mythology because the creation of Wicca sort of… not watered it down, but took a lot of liberties with Celtic stories. Now, some of those stories have been “lost” to the general Wiccan or spiritual public because Wicca is more prevalent in most places.

I’m glad I could help and teach people new information!

4 Likes