Haven't met a diety is this normal?

Hi all

I haven’t seemed to have met a single deity so far . I really want you connect with someone but I have done a couple of meditations but so far no success, even I tried on weed but agajn no success .

I’m wondering is this normal? Is their something I’m doing wrong?

I’m saddened everyone else can have these beautiful connections and I haven’t.

14 Likes

@kira-marie There’s nothing wrong. Not everyone who practices the craft has deities. I’m 52, and only just in the last few months have I connected with Loki. I just didn’t see it before or maybe the timing just wasn’t right. My runes said that if I had tried this at a previous time in my life it wouldn’t have worked. I’d say don’t rush it, don’t force it. Just enjoy the craft and all your learning and it’ll come naturally probably when you least expect it (that’s my experience). There’s nothing wrong. Witchcraft does not need to include deity, worship, religion or anything else. I know witches that are totally secular and their magic is fine and they’re very happy. If you want a connection with a deity. It will happen. I’d recommend just keep learning practicing your craft. Read about all different deities, and notice the little things. It took me years before I realised a Deity had been with me all along because I was looking for a vision or miracle or something, instead He’d shown little signs, like me buying rune stones, a couple of decorative spiders, a necklace gifted to me that had his symbol on it. This has gone on for years, and I didn’t notice. It was through my learning here on Spells8 that I started to notice these little things. Yes now I get some crazy experiences but that’s cuz it’s Loki and it’s how he works. Alot of other Deities are alot gentler and softer, which is nice. So my lovely what I’m saying, in a rambling way, is that you’re Lovely, you’re doing fine and at some point the Deity will connect with you, and it may be a gentle awakening, not a big wow. So just enjoy the magic and don’t rush, force or worry. Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

@kira-marie yes hon its normal. U will connect with a diety when its right for both of u. Some never meet or deal with dieties in their practices. And that’s completely ok too. Dont get discouraged. The right diety is out there for you.

10 Likes

I think these two wise witches have said it beautifully! I was raised Christian and I have dubbed myself a Christian witch… so I guess I do, technically, have a diety. BUT, I feel so much more connected to the universe and the natural world around me. Just explore! Read about the many different pantheons, learn about the many dieties that exist, and be patient! The journey will be worth it!

11 Likes

It’s absolutely normal, but I can understand the frustration and sadness that comes with not having the same experiences as other witches. Though many witches here have experiences with deities, there are just as many that don’t for one reason or another! :heart:

You’re not doing anything wrong at all! :people_hugging: Sometimes, deities don’t come to us first. That’s okay - and honestly, that’s usually how it happens 98% of the time. There’s nothing wrong with finding a deity you’re interested in and starting to worship or work with them. Usually, once introductions are made - and the deity is open to it - a relationship can be built and those experiences can happen.

8 Likes

If it makes you feel any better, the one dream I can really remember having with the Goddess was in jeans and a fuzzy pink sweater. Not conducive to figuring out what Goddess that is. So that’s one reason why I follow the Triple Goddess and the Mother, without really naming names. She knows who she is. LOL!

10 Likes

As everyone said above and I agree with it 100%, @kira-marie, deities will either come to you in time, or you can begin worshipping one and testing the water with that relationship.

Else, I would add that you could try to connect with spirit guides or angels or ancestral guides. We can help you with that as well if you haven’t already done so? That will get your witchy juju flowing in that direction!

Light and love darling!
Jan

8 Likes

Well no, I haven’t and I don’t personally know anyone who has, really. I used to work for a diocese and I was the only one in there, including several ministers and the bishop, who had had anything close to a external spiritual experience that could be sensed (mine was auditory). But all those people still believed in their deity. I’m going to guess that the majority of relgious people have not experienced that connection in a tangible way so I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong. I think another choice besides just blind faith is looking at the deity’s story and seeing how it resonates with you or is relevant to your life. So approaching it in more theoretical way. Or another way is looking at the deity as an archetype or personality of people you have known. And that way… you are still experiencing the deity and their story, but you have not visually or otherwise “met,” felt or sensed their presence, as you would say, a person or an animal in the room.

7 Likes

Totally agree with everyone here. I myself don’t worship dieties in my practice. But with that being said and being raised catholic/christian I definitely do believe in a higher power.

You should check out this post, there is a lot of awesome information from other members and some great links. (You can use the forum search function for diety too, there’s also a weekly challenge thats on dieties that has some great info also.)

Can someone please help me find my patron

It was one of the first posts I came across when looking for answers about dieties.

And you are not doing anything wrong, you are learning and asking questions, go easy on yourself and give yourself time.

Plus you asked and this wonderful group of people will definitely help point you in the right direction to help find the answers you need.

5 Likes

Yes it’s normal. I was recommended to do my shadow work. You may also have blocks in third eye. Mine still isn’t functioning :100:% but it’s getting better. Idk if you have done any shadow work if u haven’t maybe work on that it will come to you. Just because you can’t see them or hear them doesn’t mean they aren’t there. :rose: :heart:

6 Likes

No I haven’t tried shadow work. Interesting thought on the third eye. Suggestions for opening it ?

8 Likes

You’ll find a lot of resources looking up the third eye in the forum here.

Some of the things I’ve posted about on the topic myself are grouped here:

https://forum.spells8.com/t/group-ritual-nov-16-opening-your-third-eye/43995/13?u=starborn

Shadow work is very useful. Would highly recommend.

6 Likes

Well I’m ordering this shadow workbook to help me work thru mine. Honestly I think if we have a lot going on that needs fixing in child self and shadow workwe may not get thru either way. Until we start working on that. Also daily meditation can help u open third eye. Also I have a few reiki healers I use online. If us like their names I can share. But if a healer is good they can help u open it. But u have to continue to do the work because it can close back up. I can share my healers if you are interested they are very affordable.

Here’s the shadow workbook I’m about to get. Sorry I’m heading to work or I’d write a lil more.

Echoes Of The Silenced Self: The Shadow Workbook | The Complete And Guided Journal To Healing Traumas, Embrace Your Wounded Inner Child And Transform Shadows Into Strengths. (With Marcus Method) Amazon.com

6 Likes

It’s normal. Prior to this, I didn’t have a deity but that was also cuz I wasn’t Pagen yet but still. No one deity called to me until I started to research and look into things. I think they realized it was time to show themselves to me. I’m 39 years old, so it’s okay.

6 Likes