Hekate: Godess of Witches -The witch, The rebel

Hi all i just wanted to share a snippet from the book Hekate: Goddess of witches by Courtney Weber in Chapter: The dangerous Goddess and the dangerous witch. I found these few quotes very powerful and very relatable in the recent days to my own situation. Hope they give you some insight or at least something to think and reflect on (I know they touched deep for me)… Here goes:

Most Witches have had one or more of the following experiences: the religious conservative person scolding the Witch for their practices, only to ask for a Tarot reading in the next breath; the well-meaning but ignorant friend who, usually after a few drinks, will say that they shouldn’t be the Witch’s friend because their religion or culture says that Witches are inherently evil, only to then brag to their other friends about knowing a Witch; the relative who begs the Witch to give up witchcraft and go to church, but they beg for a love spell to make their ex return. It hurts. It harms. Still, many Witches feel that they should be able and willing to give of their gifts, even to those who harm them. Hey, Witchy friend: I’m here to tell you that you don’t have to give your magick away, prove your power or give any time to people who harm you.

And from the chapter: Keeper of the keys:
…We continue to open doors for each other, deepening our own understanding and unlocking magick for the world. But before we do that, we must unlock ourselves from our own patterns of shame, judgement, and more. We cannot be effective Witches while we are still locked inside proverbial prisons, shaped by culture, personal trauma, or simply not being in touch with our own true wants and desires.

14 Likes

I actually liked that chapter alot.

7 Likes

I enjoyed this book and learning about how the perspectives of Her changed over time.

7 Likes

Yea I enjoy honouring my goddesses by learning all i can about them

6 Likes

There are so many contradictions in how people interact with witches- I’ve seen the tarot instance several times :sweat_smile: How can you shun witches, but then think tarot is okay, even cool? I’m not sure if it’s a lack of knowledge and not knowing they are related, or just selective vision, but it sure can be frustrating for a witch to see!

This quote is a great one- there is zero obligation to donate your time and skills to people and absolutely no need to have to “prove” yourself to anyone who doubts you. Well said! :raised_hands:

Thanks for sharing the quotes, @TheMuslimWitch! :heart:

5 Likes

No problem… And yes i was having a little bit of the same issue recently where i was told my my other half that i had to choose my practice or my family but then to turn around a day later asking for a good luck spell for winning the lottery or some sort of money. FYI just 3 hours later our car sold in the thousands and the following day i won $40 in the lottery :laughing: Strange as i set the intention of the so called ‘gamblers doll’ for my husband per his request.
Anyways, back to the point, i can relate with this and since its my partner i am trying to say as much as its hard to admit when it comes to partners sometimes i guess there has to be compromise… Just as i put up with his stubborn strict ways, he put up with my overly bubbly overactive free spirited personality :laughing: :woman_facepalming: :blush:

5 Likes

That’s amazing, Khadija- a huge congrats to you on selling the car, your lottery win, and, most of all, on your very successful spellwork! :partying_face: :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you yes it seems that way and i won again only $16 but still better than nothing :blush:

4 Likes

Hey, winning is winning and that is very impressive! :grinning: Congrats to you, Khadija! :sparkles:

3 Likes

Yes that’s very true :blush:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.