Hekate/Hecate Book Recommendations

This is the one I liked as well.

17 Likes

As others have recommended, I’d definitely recommend Cyndi Brannen’s works! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Hi Artemisia. I’ve recommended this one to a few people. "Hecate Goddess of Witches by Courtney Weber. There’s a lot of good information here. Plenty of detail on the lore, legend, history and mythology of Hecate, ancient goddess of crossroads, ghosts and witchcraft. A favourite read. Being honest, it’s also the only book I’ve read on Hecate.

14 Likes

@Artemisia, I also love in print books being very old school. Even Kindle is difficult for me to use especially depending on the device.

I do not work with Hekate though, so I don’t have any recommendations for any specific books or authors. I follow a more Irish Pagan path & work with Brighid & the Morrigan, but also others with the Tuatha de Danaan with Brighid & the Morrigan when called for it. So, while do deep dives on other deities, I don’t follow or work with them enough to have any real recommendations.

Thank you for thinking of me though! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it is very appreciated. Any prior information that I have used in learning about her before more recently is in this post: Hecate History, Theology, Mythology & the sources I used are in the post there too. :revolving_hearts:

12 Likes

I’m not into Hekate as much as I should be, but Keeping Her Keys was a great beginner text. Very easy to read with great information.

9 Likes

I think that one wins as my print version since it combines plants and Hekate! Thank you!

I picked up a digital copy of Liminal Rites! Thank you for the reccomdneation!

:open_mouth: Oh very neat, I will absolutely check out her webpage. Keeping her Keys might be the next one I get in print. I’ll use that as a reward to get through my marketing schedule! I’ll look into digital copies of the other books as well. hugs

Great minds… :wink: Thank you both for taking the time to respond.

Thank you, got myself a digital copy! Looking forward to reading it.

:laughing: Ooops, well I made the assumption since you did such an amazing job on the Hecate History, Theology, Mythology post!! Such a wealth of information, appreciate your hard work!

11 Likes

@Artemisia i was gonna offer a recommendation but everyone already said them, lol

11 Likes

As a side note @Artemisia :smiling_face: @Mistress_Of_Herbs actually was very helpful with that post & my deep dive. She may have some other resources for you too aside from books :hugs:

11 Likes

@Susurrus thanks for suggesting me

11 Likes

Hekate: Goddess of Witches PDF

11 Likes

Entering Hekate’s Garden: The Magick, Medicine & Mystery of Plant Spirit Witchcraft pdf

11 Likes

I feel like this one is the perfect one for me to start with - Hekate, Magick and Plants? What’s not to love here?

11 Likes

I recently bought my first fancy grimoire and so far it’s a really beautiful work. “The Hekataeon” by Jack Grayle is 400 pages of rites, prayers, hymns and artwork devoted to Hekate. It was pricey, $95 for the this version, but I love what I have read so far. There is a self initiation in the first section that is nine days culminating on the dark moon, so I’ll be starting that in a few days and write up a better report/review after I’ve actually done the work if anyone is interested. The book is put out in limited editions from time to time, so you may have to really hunt for a copy as its sold out, for now.

10 Likes

Wow, that looks awesome!

9 Likes

I’m less than 100 pages in but so far it is awesome! The artwork/images are really great too.

9 Likes

Very cool!

9 Likes

That looks amazing! I’ve signed up for the waitlist for the next edition / in stock! Thank you for sharing!

9 Likes

Here’s a random question. How do you pronounce Hekate?

8 Likes

I’ve been saying it wrong, as usual :laughing:
It’s “Heh – KAH – teh” or "Heh – KAH – tee” @Sivonnah

8 Likes

Pretty sure I pronounce it wrong. I’ve only heard it pronounced once
He-KAH-teh. It sounded so weird to here it pronounced like that cuz that’s certainly not how I pronounced it in my head :sweat_smile:

8 Likes