Hello from a newish member

Hi all,
I’m JC from Oklahoma. I actually became a member of the community last July but never got around to posting to the forums. The last two years have been a whirlwind for me and I’m finally getting to settle down a bit. I was introduced to the magical world by my grandparents and aunts many decades ago. My practice has always fallen on the hedge witch side, but I love learning and exploring, so I guess I could be described as eclectic also. Even though I have had a slow start to jumping into this community, I am so happy to have this opportunity. When I was young and still learning from my grandparents, I got to meet so many interesting people and groups. However, when I hit adulthood, I had a hard time finding my tribe out in the wild. :slightly_smiling_face: This community is starting to feel like home. Thank you for the opportunity to be here!

12 Likes

Welcome! I’m glad things are settling down! I can’t wait to ther to know you!

10 Likes

Merry meet and welcome home :infinite_roots: @navacomgirl
I’m an introvert so I lurked for quite some time before I posted. All in good time. Glad you are here, if you have any questions just ask Q & A
It was hard for me too, I’ve always had a hard time fitting in and finding a place I belong. I agree, this community does feel like home :heart:
Blessed Be :magic_wand: :dizzy: :triquetra:

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum, I’m Siofra from Cape Cod. @marsha is a wonderful member of the community & can’t believe that she is an introvert :joy: Although, I am too so there’s that :rofl:

I honestly never really fit in anywhere until I found this site. Including my family, but that’s a whole other can of worms. Anyway, Infinite Roots is like an extension of my family. Everyone here is very friendly & supportive of your own unique path, so if you have any questions I agree with Marsha, feel free to ask or share any information with us. Someone will get back to you & get you pointed in the right direction.

I am trying to think… I know I didn’t jump right into the forum. I believe I went through the first set of courses minus the initiation & then did my introduction :thinking: & even after I did that, I wasn’t exactly… participating much past hearts/likes. It took a couple of the regular posts for me to get comfortable with people in the forum

IE:

I started to talk to people on those posts exclusively then slowly branched out to topics of interest or that was something I was working on for my practice or to do with the courses & then just evolved from there to an active participant. Take your time, there is no rush at all!

9 Likes

Thank you to everyone :blush: I’m spending the day just traveling around the forum and website. I went through a couple of the courses last summer and really enjoyed them. I also discovered that my YT Music app added all of the Spells8 music to my library, so I’ve been listening to that each day at work. It is a great way to stay grounded at work.

9 Likes

That is a great discovery! I will have to see if I can maybe make a YouTube playlist or do the meditations through our app or YouTube itself. So thank you for the inspiration also! :heartpulse:

Feel free to ask any questions or jump in on any open topic that you find. Someone will be with you as soon as they can.

For a guide to using the forum we have a post for that too:

Forum How-To :speech_balloon: Guides for Using the Forum!

9 Likes

Welcome @navacomgirl it’s nice to have you here with us. We are like a caring big family. Don’t worry if you fell away for a while, your here now and in no time you will get into it all. Check out the courses, there is so much information there and be sure to check out the forum regularly, someone is always posting something or asking questions. Every Monday check out the Merry Meet Monday for the weeks events.

8 Likes

Hi @navacomgirl! As you probably know, I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. So glad to have you here on the forum! :infinite_roots:

Lurkers are part of the community too! But it’s always nice when one steps up. Sounds as if you had a great time growing up. I’ll be glad to get to know you better, maybe you’ll share some of your stories?

7 Likes

Merry meet JC @navacomgirl,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your intro and say hi- it is a real pleasure to meet you! :heart: Like Amethyst said, we love our lurkers too, and it is always a delight when someone feels ready to reach out and connect. Very happy to have you here! :blush:

As you aren’t new to the forum, it’s likely you already know the ropes by now. So just a friendly reminder to feel free to use the Q&A Category and jump into the Activities whenever you feel like it- they are there for you! :infinite_roots:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- blessed be, JC! :sparkles:

6 Likes

take your time and don’t rush you will bloom like the rose in the summers moonlite

6 Likes

@navacomgirl, hi, JC! Glad to hear from you! That’s so cool that you grew up in the magical world! :blossom: :sparkles:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.