Hello from Topeka Kansas

I’ve always felt a bit of a pull to witchcraft, from an early age (around 8), when I was discouraged from exploring it. In my mid 20s and 30s after getting online, I’ve been curiously peeking over the fence once in a blue moon. These days I’ve been actively reading on the internet and watching youtube videos for a few months and finally (at 47) I’ve decided to jump in.

I only have a tiny bit of experience so far. Still unsure about a lot of things. Learning new things, ideas, and terms every day. I’m leaning toward Eclectic at the moment.

I’m VERY curious and committed to learning as much as I can, and making up for so much lost time. I’m really glad to have found so much information all in one place and can’t wait to explore it.

Social anxiety is just one of the things I struggle with, but this community looks really friendly so I will try my best to pop in and chat now and then.

Blessed be!

17 Likes

Hello @Alexander-Moon and welcome to the forum. I too in my 20’s started looking into the craft, put it off for years but still looked things up here and there. Got scared after my friend who is also my spiritual advisor told me some things true and coming my way then I stopped, lol. Then finally I just embraced it in my 40’s as well and I am glad I did. I wish you luck on your journey.

13 Likes

Hello, fellow Kansan here! :sunflower: Blessed Be :sparkles: We are so happy to have you here on the forum. If you have questions someone will gladly answer, everyone I’ve encountered here has been super friendly & full of grace. There are no bad questions! I love the lessons here on Spells8, and I also consider myself to be an Eclectic Witch. Candle Magic, Divination, and Moon Magic are piquing my interest at the moment, but there’s so much more I want to do and learn about. It’s so exciting to see people from all over chatting here! Merry meet :two_hearts:

14 Likes

Merry meet @Alexander-Moon,

I’m Bry, one of the moderators here in the forum- wishing you a very warm welcome! :blush:

While no witch should ever feel the need to take on a label if they don’t want to, I do feel that “Eclectic” is a great umbrella to stand under- there are so many wonderful areas of the Craft out there, and it’s so much fun to explore them!

On that note, please know that you are warmly invited to the weekly challenges. This week we are exploring Witch’s Companions (think familiars, pets, spirit animals, etc), but the theme is different every week. Anytime you see a topic that interests you, please feel free to jump in!

Please make yourself at home here, Alexander, and know that you are always welcome to reach out- your new coven is a very friendly one! :infinite_roots:

Hope to talk with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Alexander-Moon !

11 Likes

@Alexander-Moon Hello from England. Lovely to hear from you. I’ve recently joined here and everyone is wonderful and fun and wise. Its a beautiful coven. Enjoy this journey. Many blessings my lovely :heart:

12 Likes

Hi, @Alexander-Moon! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Don’t worry about being shy, it’s totally up to you how much you participate. But the Weekly Witchy Challenges are fun and a great way to learn!

Have you found the Courses yet? There’s a wide array of things to learn there. And if you have any questions about that or anything else you can just ask and someone will pop up to help. I look forward to getting to know you!

12 Likes

Welcome to the family

I also have major anxiety issues and it took a couple of months for me to even come in. I was so nervous typing my introduction. Now I never shut up :laughing: You’ll love it here and fit right in

12 Likes

LOL, @Nixi that anxiety is a dangerous thing I felt the same way but you all make it so welcoming here and so easy to talk. I did spend a few days stalking before I head dove in and now I am the same.

12 Likes

Welcome to the family @Alexander-Moon! I am Airam from Greece. Here you will find a lot of love and knowledge!

12 Likes

Welcome @Alexander-Moon! :sparkles:

I’ve struggled on and off with social anxiety myself so I definitely understand. Luckily, everyone here is super kind, friendly and supportive so you’ve come to the right place.

And being eclectic is wonderful! It allows you to try all kinds of things, keep what works for you and ditch the rest.

I look forward to getting to know you more in the forums!

12 Likes

@Heav3n - Thank you! I got a little scared too, some of those times that I looked in on things.

@amandakay - Thank you and merry meet! I knew I couldn’t be alone in KS lol. So many things are piquing my interest too, feeling like a kid walking into a toy store and not knowing where to start.

@BryWisteria - Thank you and merry meet! I’m really happy I found the term Eclectic, it’s simpler than saying “I want to learn it all!” I will look into the challenges soon.

@Phoenix_Rose - Thank you, it’s great to be here!

@tracyS - Thank you so much! Even though I’ve been on the internet since 95, I’m still amazed to hear from people from Europe or anywhere overseas.

@Amethyst - Thank you! I’ll be looking into the challenges soon. I got started on the courses late last night / early this morning. My sleep schedule is all wonky at the moment.

@Nixi - Thank you! I thought writing an intro was sort of expected so I decided to “just get it over with”. Just getting it over with did take me over 3 hours of editing every sentence several times. If I had known it was alright to just wait … I don’t think I would have ever gotten around to posting. But now that I did, and seeing all the warm friendly replies I’m really glad I did!

@AIRAM - Thank you! I am certainly feeling the love from all the welcome messages. And after getting lost in many opened tabs, forgetting where I had even started last night, I can see there is A LOT of knowledge on these pages.

@Aurora_Hestia - Social anxiety has been a big struggle for all of my life. Luckily I’ve gotten a little better at it. What finally pushed me into trying more, was that people had told me that being so reserved and not talking much to others, could come across as being rude, stuck up, or even prejudiced. I was already super worried about what people thought of me, that’s why I didn’t talk much in the first place. So that was the kick in the pants to get me to talk more.

Thank you all again for all the warm welcomes! I hope I did this “replying to multiple people thing” correctly. When I was reading through the guides at the top of the pages, this was one I was sure I would never need to use lol.

Blessed be!

12 Likes

You’re welcome! Have fun doing the challenges and the courses!

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Alexander-Moon! Sorry for the late reply, I’m Siofra_Strega from Cape Cod & another moderator here at Spells8! :hugs: Everyone here is super friendly & supportive of wherever your path may take you :blush: Whenever you are ready to jump in feel free to join any open topic or start your own! Any questions will be answered as soon as someone can jump in & get you pointed in the right direction.

I suppose I’m an eclectic witch of sorts :thinking: Definitely always evolving & continually learning new things! Take your time & enjoy the journey! :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

Thank you! No need to worry about being late. The cape brings back happy childhood memories. I’m sure I’ll eventually relax into a steady pace of learning and exploration. I know it’s a subject that no one can ever know everything. So I’ll settle for almost everything lol.

9 Likes

As close as we can get to everything, I’m continually finding rabbit holes & learning on top of learning & then starting over :laughing: I’ve been here almost 3 years & it’s definitely been a wonderful journey! :revolving_hearts:

I’m glad it brings back happy memories for you! Currently, the Cape is starting to get into the full swing of people coming to visit at least every weekend if not longer. :rofl: So busy, busy, busy this weekend for sure!

9 Likes

Merry meet :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @Alexander-Moon

I’m so glad you have joined us, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. I have social anxiety too, growing up I was so shy, it was painful! I wouldn’t say I’ve overcome it, after all, I lurked for quite some time before my first post.

You are definitely in the right place to learn more and there is a lot of great information here. So if you have any questions, let us know. Welcome to the family! :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

10 Likes

Thank you! I’m getting a real sense of family and warmth as I look around the forum posts. I’m really happy to be here and look forward to continuing to interact with everyone.

10 Likes

It’s a pleasure, Alexander- make yourself at home here! :blush: :heart:

Blessed be!

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Alexander-Moon :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I just wanted to hop on the welcome wagon and officially welcome you! There is so much to learn and see here on Spells8 that I’m sure you’ll find your interests and things to study. I’m also an eclectic witch, so I draw from many different sources and do what works for me.

Let your curiosity guide you! We’re all a friendly bunch here, so if you’ve got questions or want to share something you’ve learned, pop into the forum anytime! :heart:

11 Likes