Hello hello!

Hello everyone my name is Josh I’m not really sure what to say but I wanted to introduce myself! I’m pretty new trying to learn as much as I can always looking for book recommendations.

9 Likes

Welcome @joshua13 ! I’m fairly new, too. I found the book Teen Witch by Silver Ravenwolf to be very helpful as an introduction to witchcraft, regardless of your age.

5 Likes

Hi @joshua13! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

A great place to start here is the Courses. That’ll give you a good starting point so you can read books on what really interests you further.

I will say that Scott Cunningham is awesome, he has a couple of great introductory books that are still good if a bit dated and his encyclopedias are great reference books.

You can also pay for Kindle Unlimited and read oodles of books for ten dollars a month on Amazon. There are lots of starter books on that.

But start with the Courses here and then branch out. Don’t buy too many books at once, they get to be confusing if you do. LOL!

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up and help you out. I look forward to getting to know you!

5 Likes

Hello and welcome home :infinite_roots: @joshua13

It’s nice to meet you, Josh, I’m Marsha, an eclectic solitary witch from Colorado. I just have to say, that I agree with everything our amazing @Amethyst has said. We also have a Book Club, that you can participate in. There are lots of book reviews and recommendations posted, so you can find something that’s interesting for you. I’m looking forward to getting to know you better. Welcome to our little family!

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

4 Likes

Hi Josh! Merry meet and welcome to the forum!!! I am so glad you are here! :smile: A piece of advice I can give you is that be open minded to trying new things, but always listen to what your heart tells you! So far people gave you great recommendations, and a book I recommend would be Buckland’s Complete Book of Witchcraft. I also live close to the Buckland museum in Cleveland, which if you ever make your way out there at some point in your life, you can learn a lot from that museum (definitely not a requirement of course, but if you find yourself in Cleveland, I highly recommend it!) Blessed be! :heart:

5 Likes

@joshua13 Hi I’m Christeena, and I’m 42, a mother of 2 adult sons. One is a paramedic/firefighter, and the other is a Marine. I live in a very very small town in Central North Carolina with my hubby of 21 yrs, our 2 dogs and 3 cats. I was raised Pentacostal and was always told that my gifts were evil, so they were suppressed til just a few yrs ago when i finally accepted all of myself. It has been an amazing journey with alot of bumps along the way. But it’s all worth it bc for the 1st time in 42 yrs i feel whole.

I have a HUGE affinity for herbs, I commune with spirits, and my guides. I’m a daughter of Hekate, The Morrigan, and Thor. I will help anyone, usually to my own detriment. But I’m still just gonna do me. If you ask me a question please be prepared for an honest answer. Sometimes brutally honest, as I am blunt. I don’t sugar coat things. Here you will find so many like minded brothers and sisters who will welcome and accept all of you with open arms without condescension. If you have questions all you have to do is ask. We are all here to help each other. You will find people from all walks of life and paths. Again, welcome!!!

Book suggestions would be based on what are into.

5 Likes

Merry meet @joshua13,

I’m Bry, a moderator here in the forum and an Eclectic Witch with a love for travel- wishing you a very warm welcome! :blush:

You’ve got great enthusiasm, Joshua! I can see that others have offered some great recommendations for witchy books- I second the Courses and also the Book Club. You are warmly invited to come read alongside everyone in the club- it’s a great place to hear about fun witchy books! :books:

There is also a Books Tag in the forum- if you explore the Tag, you will see a full list of all discussions that feature/focus on books. There are many Tags in the forum- if you have any particular topics you are interested in, feel free to explore the relevant Tag :blush:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.