Help I hit a Bird.. What does this mean?

Hi everyone please help…
I was driving home from work yesterday morning and I hit a bird. I wasn’t sure if I had actually hit the bird because I was traveling on the expressway and it’s unusual for a bird to be in the middle of a busy expressway. I assume I missed hime, I didn’t feel the impact, so didn’t think i hit anything. However, When I stopped at the car wash and I got out to vacuum my SUV I saw the bird stuck in the SUV’s grill. I was mortified, it took alot for me not freak out at on this lot… I wondered how the hell the car wash man didn’t see that before I went through the wash.
I came home and my son pulled the bird from the from of my SUV. This was a traumatic situation, for I Love birds and felt so bad about harming this bird. I was feeling great before this happened. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of what this could have meant.

13 Likes

First off I am sorry to hear that happened to you. It is very distressing to me as well when it happens on the rare occasion when they zig instead of zag.

My $.02. If you still have the bird and are comfortable doing so, I suggest burying it and saying a prayer for its passing to let it go forward and for you to let go of your guilt and grief. I (again this is my personal opinion) do not think this accident portends to anything in your life. The more we expand as a society into wild habitats, the more these sad, unfortunate accidents will occur.

I suggest even if you don’t want to lay the bird to rest, that you try a grounding ritual and meditate. You can experience your sorrow, and let it go as it no longer serves you.

Again I’m sorry that this happened. I know exactly how bad it feels. It’s not your fault and it doesn’t mean anything bad is going to happen :people_hugging:

12 Likes

@MsQ

I’m so sorry, I hate it when something like that happens! Don’t blame yourself, it was not your fault! I do like what @Artemisia said about having a little ceremony for the bird!

It can mean a few different things, such as, someone is trying to contact you from the other side, something is ending, or a new door or path will open for you! It most definitely means a change of some sort.

I hope this helps you and I hope you feel better soon. Take care, hon!

With :heart: always

10 Likes

@MsQ I’m sorry for what happened to you, but I think it’s a sign that something has ended… look to see what has ended and you’re still trying to keep it… :pentagram: :pentagram: :pentagram:

9 Likes

I’m sorry . But I don’t think it has meaning necessarily. Some things just happen. I would not read to far Intoit. While it’s unfortunate I don’t think it is uncommon.

Or like others said death is not the end. In order for there to be creation there also has to be destruction. One doesn’t live without the other. Death isn’t the end, death is creation.

10 Likes

I have noticed some birds like the excitement of dodging traffic like we humans like riding roller coasters. They actually fly in front of a moving car on purpose! Just for the adrenaline rush! Some don’t get out of the way in time. Please do not blame yourself.

If you cannot hold a funeral, sigh I tend to do an offering… not sure what to call it. When I see an animal that has passed, I will imagine myself taking the creature’s spirit and soaring with it up to the stars to offer it to the Creator. I may say some words or not, whatever I feel is right at the time.

May you find comfort. I’m sorry it ruined your good vibes. May tomorrow be better.

10 Likes

I just wanted to send love over. I love birds too, don’t be hard on yourself, this modern world is tough on all nature. When things like this happen I have a little ritual.

You need:
Candle Matches
Flowers of your choice

Go somewhere quiet
Light your candle
Say a blessing for the spirit of the bird
Lay the flowers
Blow out the candle.

Blessed be :green_heart:

9 Likes

Mod Edit: [CW: blood, slightly graphic description of animal death]

Excellent information. I sympathize with Ms. Q. I am a animal lover. And if I hit something, it would devastate me as well, which it did happen. When I hit a little baby Bird. I picked it up and put it in a little box. I had in my car went home. Crying showed it to my husband and said try to save him. He looked at me as if I was crazy and said. I’m gonna kill the poor thing. It’s the bleeding out of its nose and mouth Tracy. That did it. I was a train wreck for 2 days.

There was a point in time in my life when I lived in the country and I thought I was gonna have to go to counseling as I spent more time watching the side of the road than the front of the car afraid an animal would run out in front of me, anyways Like I said, excellent information and maybe if she does do that she could feel little better about it.

Blessed Be
Medea

9 Likes