Herby/Tea question

I came across this tea, says it has many benefits I’d be interested in. Anyone use or know of this?
Thanks!

7 Likes

ohoh! this is the blue tea we were talking about the other day!
HAHA I didn’t realise it was tea :joy: they sell it as magic gin colouring stuff! You infuse the gin with the tea to turn it blue and then you add tonic and it turns pink :joy: :joy: :joy:

7 Likes

@Limeberry… oh its the pea tea… love that stuff! Still have some from Samhain. Good for you too evidently. YEA!!!

6 Likes

I must have missed that conversation. :confused: I seen in a video if you add lemon it turns purple. So you’ve had this @berta? I think I’m going to get some…

7 Likes

@Rowan yes…and I was trying to figure out who mentioned it for Samhain blue moon…we were talking about blue cheese, and blue fruit, and blue tea…and this came up… I bought some off amazon and it was amazing… it does change color with the addition of an acid…(lemon would do it) Honey might too depending on how much you add. It is VIBRANTLY BLUE. when fresh…this was the next morning I was drinking it cold and it was more purple. IMG_2224|375x500

7 Likes

Yes, butterfly pea tea is lovely! :butterfly: My first experience with it was at a cooking school in Thailand- its a very lovely plant and quickly gaining popularity around the world! Like Berta and Limeberry mentioned- it’s most often used for its intense and beautiful color.

If you decide to get some @Rowan, definitely share some pretty blue tea pics! :tea::blush:

6 Likes

Great, thank you @berta. I’m definitely going to get some. I’ll post pics when I do @BryWisteria :grin:

6 Likes

Hmm…I must have missed that post, too somehow. But it’s very pretty! I have to order some. And yes, @Rowan if you get some before I do, hook us up with more pics! :star_struck:

6 Likes

OH! I think I am going to get some, I remember the conversation about this and blue is my favorite color! Thank you @Rowan for sharing your Amazon find!

4 Likes

Oh, I saw the video about this only today as well! I might have to also buy some. The colour looks so intensely beautiful and I love any new tea to add to my collection. Thanks for the info! Yum! :coffee:

3 Likes

Here you go… blue tea… it is a very mild flavor … much like Hibiscus only blue instead of red. Well worth adding to your kitchen pantry.

3 Likes

Look at that rich blue~ it’s enchanting! :blue_heart: Happy tea time, @Berta- enjoy! :blush:

3 Likes

I ordered mine yesterday, I cannot wait!

3 Likes

I hope you like the tea @Rowan. :tea: I find it a treat in the afternoon. I am sensitive to caffeine and I do better if I drink caffeine-free in the afternoon so this is perfect.

3 Likes

I am so stoked right now, I got my tea yesterday and I didn’t have a teapot or a good teacup. So I geared up in ppe And ventured out to the thrift store…here’s my treasures!

Look at this mask, it’s stone!
I think I’m going to paint it.
Trying the tea later after the dishwasher finishes.

4 Likes

Horned God complete :grin:

4 Likes

I don’t think I put enough flowers in it…or had too much water. It was very faint in taste and color.
Try again tomorrow…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I don’t know if this will help… I use a generous pinch (two fingers and thumb) I suppose about one tablespoon maybe per 4 cup pot. I let it steep about 3+ min. I’ll brew a pot tomorrow and see if I can be more definitive with the measurements and time.

You’ve been busy… mask is looking good!

3 Likes

Congrats on your new treasures and good luck with the tea, @Rowan! It can take a while to find the serving that works best for you, but once you’ve got it you’re good to go :grin:

That mask is amazing- I love the colors you chose! :green_heart:

3 Likes

On the package it said to only use 6-8 flowers, but it didn’t say per cup or for a pot so I think that’s where I went wrong. Today is the anniversary of my mom’s passing so Im going to brew a cup later just to help me with the day.
Thank you for your help :heart:

4 Likes