Hi all! I'm Maenad! I'm new to Spells8

Merry Meet!

I have been a solo practitioner for over a long time and attended a Priestess training program in person. I have been studying with my fellow priestesses tarot (both Rider-Waite 1 year and Thoth the next), chakra, and as of late astrology (that may take more than a year at this rate!) We try to spend a year and a day on each study. My next venture if I ever finish astrology is tea leaf reading. I feel in love with ceremonial teas when I started to do the daily ritual with Spells8. Each day has a different tea and I would love to do a reading with them each day (or maybe just one of the days).

I love the positive energy and inclusivity feeling I get when I visit Spells8 so I quickly joined. I love all of the bath recipes, moon rituals and daily rituals. My husband is Norse Pagan so our spiritual celebrations connect most of the time. We try to have our rituals together when possible and support each other’s journey. We have quite a bit planned for Mabon! Our alters sit next to each other while our grimoires sit at our desks :slight_smile: :smiley:

As a hobby we make wine and mead. Very small in carboys no selling so of course my focuses are to Bacchus/Dionysius and Mabon is one of our big rituals. I have no specific Pantheon but feel connected to Celtic deities.

I hope to “see you” all in the stacks of this great virtual library!

12 Likes

Hi @robin! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

We’re so glad to have you here! You’ll have to tell us about your studies if you’re able. As well as share a mead recipe or two! It’s that time of year!

If you have any questions about anything just give a shout and someone will pop up and help you out. I look forward to getting to know you!

7 Likes

Merry meet @robin,

What a fun introduction- it is such a pleasure to meet you! :heart:

Yay! I’m a big fan of tasseography and a huge tea enthusiast- especially when it comes to tea ceremonies :tea::revolving_hearts: You’re among many tea lovers here in the coven- have you seen the weekly tea meditation ritual yet? There is one hosted each Thursday- this week’s ritual will appear in the forum later today!

You are warmly invited to join the tea ritual and any activities that call to you :blush:

That is so cool! :heart_eyes: I’ve always wanted to make home brews- I make a lot of juice from fruits in the garden (grapes, blackberries, raspberries) but I’ve never taken the next step to turn it into wine. Maybe someday! :wine_glass:

Which reminds me, the Bacchanalia was earlier this month and it’s also the Celtic Month of the Vine- it’s a really great time to be working with Bacchus/Dionysius! :grapes:

Make yourself at home here, Robin! Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Hello and welcome, Kim! :partying_face: :heart:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here on Spells8 :infinite_roots: and the Infinite Roots Coven. You’ve got a lot under your belt already! I can tell you’re going to fit in just fine here :blush: It’s funny that you mentioned falling in love with tea ceremonies because our wonderful moderator @BryWisteria also has a love of tea ceremonies! I know she already mentioned the tea ritual on Thursdays – I hope to “see” you there!

I love that your husband also walks a similar path to yours. That must make holidays easy, not to mention the occasional conversation about “strange” witchy things isn’t as strange as it could be :joy: my brother is working on making a mead, too. It’s up in my pantry right now :laughing: and I don’t know when it will be done!

I hope you enjoy your time here with us and I look forward to getting to know you better!

:green_heart: Megan

7 Likes

Merry meet and welcome home :infinite_roots: @robin

I am Marsha, a Southern Colorado native. It’s a pleasure to meet you and I’m looking forward to chatting with you soon!

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

7 Likes

Merry meet @BryWisteria ,
I did not know about the Thursday tea ritual! I am super excited!

Juice is the first step! Just add the appropriate wine yeast and it pretty much does the rest on it’s own…same with mead. (We get to play with mead a little more because you add fun things like vanilla beans and berries to the fermentation to get cool flavors).

Thank you for the warm welcome!

7 Likes

@robin you’ll do great here have fun exploring

6 Likes

Hooray! :tada::blush: Every week there is a theme to the ritual- this week is the pagan Feast of Saint Comely, patron of horned animals. We will have tea (or your beverage of choice) and do an animal blessing :sparkles:

The post is now up, so feel free to take a peek here: (Group Ritual - Sep 15) :black_cat: Pets & Animals Blessings. You are warmly invited to join! :two_hearts: :tea:

That sounds like so much fun- and you make it sound so easy! :laughing: It’s definitely something I want to try someday (once I get together all the brewing stuff and find the right yeast lol). You’re an inspiration! :blush:

Blessed be, Robin! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Welcome @robin! Making one and mead sounds like a lot of fun. :grin:

7 Likes

@robin
Hi!!! :slightly_smiling_face: Wow! Making Meade… that is so freakin cool!!!

7 Likes

Hello @robin and a very happy welcome to you here! I look forward to sharing as much as we can to aid your journey as a practitioner and it appears you have amassed tons of study and experience with your own practice that I am very interested to hear about and learn from if you choose to share it here with us!

I have studied Icelandic religion and Norse paganism / Asatru and also follow Jackson Crawford on YouTube who has a wonderful translation of the Poetic Edda, and since I am a green witch and environmentally aware and believe that for the Mother (Earth) to be be fruitful She must be cared for and nurtured - therefore like the historic religion of Iceland, I honor conservation and environmentalism in as much as it feeds us and respects and regenerates the Mother.

I’ve always wanted to make wine - and unfortunately my mead recipes leave a lot to be desired - IDK if it’s my recipes or the technique (me) :), but I digress…. Again, Welcome and I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

:green_heart: :infinite_roots:

6 Likes

Hi @jan_TheGreenWitch,
It’s nice to meet you! I have found with both wine and mead I have to be very careful to keep everything clean and sanitized. As for mead recipes the more simple the better. I would love to hear about your studies in Norse paganism. My husband is setting up his ritual tonight. We will have our Mabon meal and my ritual tomorrow night.

Take care!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.