Hi everybody

My birth name is Kim but my chosen name is Winter. I’m 51 ( 52 in 3 days time) was born and raised in Boston, Ma but spent every summer and half my autumn’s in the beautiful White Mountain Valley of N.H.
I was raised as a devout Roman Catholic but never quite felt a connection with my faith. So I taught myself about Wicca ( in secrecy of course), Green and Hedge Witchcraft and paganism.
I consider myself an electic solitary green witch since I have always had an infinity for nature and a natural love of animals. I became a Veterinary Technician ( straight out of HS) and worked in that field for 10 + yrs.
Gave that up to be a stay at home mom to my 4 awesome kids, who are now all grown and on their own.
I have 3 black cats ( Shadow, Binx and Smudge) who are my “babies”, I also feed the neighbourhood strays and 3 squirrels ( Rocky, Squeakers and Bullwinkle :rofl::rofl:), so yea I pretty much have a zoo here. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
I immigrated to the UK 5 and half yrs ago and love it here, my only complaint NO SNOW :cry::cry:
Might have to move to Scotland for that lol.
I love to crochet, read, learn ( almost any subject but especially history, mythology, literature and languages) and do almost anything outdoors.
I can currently speak English, Spanish and French Canadian fluently and am working part-time as a Heath Care Assistant.
I like meeting new people and learning about their paths and hopefully (maybe) even find some friends near me. :blush:
So yea that’s me in a nut shell, if you have any questions feel free to ask, I’m an open book. :blush::wink:
Thanks for letting me join and blessed be to all. :blush::purple_heart::purple_heart:

13 Likes

@Winter Hello and welcome I’m Tracy from England. Loki is my patron deity. This is a beautiful coven. Make yourself at home :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

welcome to the family of Witches I am Airam and I live in Greece We deal with Elemental Magic and Angelic :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Hi, @Winter! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Happy early birthday!! I hope you have a magical day! And a squirrel named Bullwinkle? Too funny!

If you have any questions about the forum, just ask and someone will answer. It’s great to have you here, I look forward to getting to know you!

9 Likes

Merry meet :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @Winter

I’m so glad you have joined us, Kim, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. I was raised as a Methodist, but I often went to a Catholic church with my grandmother. I had too many questions that the Sunday School teachers could not answer. It never felt quite right, so I also taught myself about witchcraft, astrology, and more in secret.

I was also a stay-at-home mom with 4 kids! I think it’s awesome that you can speak so many languages! I have learned a few words and phrases in Spanish and Italian but that’s it.

I have several kitty children and I also feed the neighborhood feral cats! The local squirrels like to gnaw off the sunflowers and save the seeds for winter. I am an empath and I feel the animals’ pain, so I don’t think I could work with them! Thank you :pray: for helping them! :black_cat: :chipmunk:

Happy Early Birthday :birthday: @Winter and welcome to the family! :people_hugging:

With magick blessings :dizzy: always,
Marsha

8 Likes

Thanks to all I feel very at home here already :smiley_cat: :heart:

7 Likes

@marsha

I too am an empath and thought I would have difficulties with my chosen profession but it actually helped a lot because I was aways able to calm and reassure the animals that came into our care that other coworkers werent able to. Everytime we would get a reallt difficult animal someone would call for me and woukd ask me to “work my magik” if they only knew. :laughing:
I had to learn really quickly to not let it affect me and just concentrate on reassuring the animal so we coukd do our workbas quickly as possible.
So I guess in a sense being an empath actually helped me, its the same with my current work in the care home.

7 Likes

@Winter

I love this. Thank you for sharing your story. I am so glad that you worked your magick! It sounds as if you are a natural healer and it’s wonderful you are still using your gift with the patients in the care home.

With much love :heart: always

6 Likes

@Winter
Welcome :hugs: I’m Beth from Pennsylvania. I haven’t really decided what type of witch I am. Maybe eclectic or chaos :thinking: I’m still new and exploring! So glad you’re here :blush: and welcome to the coven :infinite_roots:

6 Likes

Hello @Winter,

Welcome! I’m Bry, one of the moderators here and an Eclectic Witch. It’s a pleasure to meet you :heart:

Hello to you and all your wonderful friends- they all sound wonderful (and have such fun names :laughing:)! I imagine they keep you very busy, but life is much better with animal pals! :cat: :chipmunk: :two_hearts:

Please make yourself at home here, Winter! I’m looking forward to chatting with you more soon- Blessed be!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Winter :wave:

I know I’m a bit late, so please forgive me, but I do hope you have had a wonderful time in the forum so far! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here in the forum.

Hey, me too! :clap: :revolving_hearts: :yarn: There’s a lot of us here that crochet. I do so in honor of my Goddess, Brigid. I’d love to see the things you create if you ever feel like sharing!

6 Likes

I’m disappointed! I always used to think of London as getting snow in winter. Well, there goes that fantasy. :joy:

7 Likes

Depends where in England, we get snow in Bristol, only lasts a week, but it’s lovely

6 Likes

That looks like a fun snowball throwing moment about to happen! :grin:

I love how everything looks with the snow over it. It’s beautiful in it’s contrast and muted colour. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Merry meet!

I’m Kat and am currently located in North Carolina. I found the practice over 20 years ago but lost my way for a while. I found my way home a couple of years ago and shortly thereafter found this amazing group of people!! I am a fairly eclectic Green witch with a deep interest in tarot, runes, herbalism, and moon magic. My deities are Artemis (she’s been with me since the beginning), The Morrigan, and Hekate, a recent guide in my life.

Ah a bit of a similar path! I’ve worked as a veterinary technician for 10+ years as well and currently work at a zoo. :paw_prints: :tiger2: :leopard: :wolf: :lion:

So glad to have you here! :herb: :bow_and_arrow: :hekate_wheel: :crescent_moon:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.