Hi I’m Kayla

Hi I’m from West Union, WV my name is Kayla. I have been interested in witchcraft for a few months now I’m still learning what path I really want to take here though a year ago I started collecting crystals not for healing I thought they were pretty and then I started researching their healing properties I began to get into them more I started learning mediation last July and started learning Tarot 3 months ago I have just been feeling like I have been slowly finding my calling I went thru a lot for a few years I thought I maybe I could find my answers for help in church but I have slowly been healing myself with meditation and aligning my chakras, I have been finding affirmations very helpful. I have read that you should study Wicca for a year before initiating and I haven’t spell casted yet I’m excited to get there but I know need to dig into it deeper and know what I really stand for but so far this have been a very helpful site with resources and I thank you for offering this resource
If anyone can throw any tips or pointers my way Id appreciate it so much

11 Likes

Merry meet @kayla49,

I’m Bry, one of the moderators here in the forum and an Eclectic Witch- wishing you a very warm welcome! :heart:

Good for you, Kayla! Through magick, we become so much more in tune with the world, the seasons, time, energy, and- perhaps most importantly of all- ourselves! I hope you continue to enjoy your wonderful journey into magick and that it helps you become more aware of who you are and all of the potential you hold. May it bring you much joy! :sun:

It sounds like you have been finding your way around the site- have you come across the Courses yet? There are a few- such as Tarot and Spellcasting 101- that come to mind that I feel you might enjoy! :blush:

Please make yourself at home here and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. The coven is a very friendly one- we are here and happy to help however we can! :infinite_roots:

Hope to talk with you more soon- Blessed be, Kayla! :sparkles:

9 Likes

Hi @kayla49 welcome to the forum!!:heartpulse::heartpulse:

9 Likes

Hello @kayla49 welcome to the forum and good luck on your journey.

9 Likes

Hi @kayla49 and welcome. There is plenty to learn on Spells8 so you came to the right place for information, ideas and resources. In addition, there is a warm supporting group of like minded folks to communicate with whenever you like.

9 Likes

Hi, @kayla49! I’m Amethyst and I’m from Oak Hill, WV! Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It’s nice to have another Mountaineer around here! We have a few but it’s always nice to have more! So glad you are here!

I second starting with the courses, they’ll guide you. Also don’t be buying things just because you think you need to buy them. If you like the crystals and think they’re pretty that’s one thing, but buying something you’re never going to use is just a waste of money you could be putting into something else.

Like more crystals. Or books, books are always good. LOL!

If you have any questions about anything, don’t be afraid to ask. Someone will pop up and help you out. I look forward to getting to know you!

9 Likes

@kayla49 omg i love your name. That was going to be my daughter’s name had she lived WELCOME any questions u may have ask away. Here ppl will actually answer u, and never make u feel ashamed or stupid for asking. Its great here

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum @kayla49 :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

It sounds like you’re making your way through a lot of different topics – I think that’s great! It’s good to sort of dip your toes into a lot of different subjects to get a feel for what you like. I’m an eclectic witch and Celtic pagan – I read tarot and oracle cards, cast spells, and follow at least one deity (for now).

I’m really glad to hear that you’re finding your path! :heart: There’s a lot to learn and see here at Spells8. Feel free to hop right into discussions, ask questions, and join the challenges!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @kayla49 :wave: I’m Siofra_Strega another moderator here at Spells8 :blush: I’m from Cape Cod.

I’m so happy that you are learning about the different parts of the craft. Just remember not to do too much too fast, it gets overwhelming because there are so many things to learn or dip your toes into! It’s good to get a feel for what really resonates with you & that you like to work on or with though! The learning is the best part & a constant :laughing:

Everyone here is very supportive & friendly, so someone will be along to help you out whenever you need it. You just have to ask! :hugs: There are many witches here & so many thing to learn from each one.

I practice a more Irish Celtic pagan path in an eclectic way :laughing: I work with at least 2 deities from the Tuatha De Danaan, read tarot and oracles, and work with crystals, spells, and rituals, astrology :milky_way: is a constant learning process too & I’m constantly reading & learning something :nerd_face: The site & forum have a lot to offer on all kinds of topics feel free to use the search bar on either! There are also recommendations to further your learning or understanding of things.

The weekly challenges are great & a lot of fun. The Merry Meet Monday - Witchy News of the Week! (May 29 - Jun 4) :full_moon: topic is a great place to meet other witches too while also seeing what is going on for this week & have friendly chats throughout the week.

8 Likes

Merry meet :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @kayla49

I’m so happy you are here, Kayla, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. If you have any questions, let us know. We are here for you, Kayla, welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

8 Likes

@kayla49 hello lovely. Nice to meet you here, everyone is warm, kind, the best company. Welcome and blessings :heart:

7 Likes

I am sorry to hear about your daughter I lost my infant son 5 years ago… hardest thing I’ve ever went through :frowning: thank you for reaching out

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.