Hi to all!

My name is Annette! Im new here and new to forums/social networking in any way actually! Im hoping this space can help me become a better person, a better Witch, and possibly find like minded people so I don’t feel so isolated! Thank you all for being here! Have a Blessed day!

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum @annette8, I’m Siofra_Strega from Cape Cod. I have been a part of this site/forum for two years. It’s a great place to learn & grow. I don’t have social media except for the forum either. Unless you include TikTok & Snapchat so I can see what my 13-year-old daughter is posting if all else fails her older brother is also on both with her & her Instagram. Luckily both of my sons are adults. One to them is very, she’s my sister & protective of her, more than she realizes. :laughing:

I hope you found the courses, they are full of great information & a good starting point to see if you are further interested in any of the topics. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Start your own thread or jump in on any open topic. Someone will get you pointed in the right direction.

Later on this morning there will be the Merry Meet Monday post pinned to the top of the forum. It’s a great place to chit chat & meet other members & see what happenings there are for the week in & out of the forum. There is a lot covered in the post.

Also, today is the start of Lughnasadh. Closely tied to the Celtic God Lugh & the first harvest. You can find some inspiration Lughnasadh 2022 :ear_of_rice: Coven Celebrations!, for altars, recipes, ideas or to observe.

I look forward to learning with you! :infinite_roots:

7 Likes

I know it’s is I was really hoping to make a corn husk doll for my granddaughter! She is 3 and nonverbal (yet anyways) and sensory things are very helpful to her and id love to add a little of my culture to her life! Kids are so special and open I want to encourage her not to shut it down if I can!

7 Likes

Oh, that’s awesome. Let me see what I can find out about making one so you can create one for her! That would be so lovely of a gift. I will be back with what I find out, I do know that others have made some already or are going to be, so there may be some kind of step-by-step that I can share. I will find out & be back as soon as I can! :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Hi, so I found this post:

Corn husk dolls, within it is a link to directions for making one, which can be found here:

I know it references other sabbats & events, but this is a time that they would be made also. I have one to craft later today, I just happen to be up due to a medical issue & it was 81 in my house overnight. So had to rectify that situation so not only I but others could also sleep tonight without melting. :joy:

7 Likes

Hello @annette86, we are so happy you are here and on this journey with us! I am a green witch and practice with my herbs and anything in my forest outside. I love animals and have 2 dogs and a cat, 5 children and my partner and we live in Connecticut. I don’t typically work with deities but I do believe in the connectedness of all of our spirits and angels and ancestors. Merry meet and blessed be - WELCOME!!!:green_heart:

6 Likes

Hi @annette86! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

This is one of the better forums to learn how to use. I tried a couple of others and never got the hang of it, but I love Spells8! Keep an eye out for a post today called Merry Meet Monday, it will have all the activities we’ve got going on this week so you can join in on the fun!

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to chatting with you more!

6 Likes

Merry meet @annette86 and welcome to the forum! :blush:

That such is cute idea to make a corn doll for your granddaughter- what a beautiful and thoughtful gift for the holiday (speaking of which, Happy Lammas! :ear_of_rice: :two_hearts:). Wishing you all the best with it- blessed crafting!

Please make yourself at home here in the forum and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. The Q&A Category is there for you- ask away, and your friendly coven is sure to help you out! :infinite_roots:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Hello and welcome home :infinite_roots: @annette86

My name is Marsha, I’m an eclectic solitary witch from Colorado. There is a lot of information here and lots of friendly people. I enjoy it here, and I hope you will too. I am looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.