Homemade Lip Balm Recipe

2 Tablespoons of each:

Beeswax
Coconut Oil
Shea Butter

You can add essential oils as well - just make sure they are food grade and you are adding them at the end when you remove the pot from heat.

If you want to add color, use an old lipstick and scrape some off into the double boiler with all the other ingredients. Stir. Pour. Cool. Enjoy!

I got the little containers on Amazon.

https://www.tiktok.com/@eclecticgreenwitchery/video/7204119902444064043?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc&web_id=7207774187766875690

9 Likes

I make mine with beeswax, calendula infusion and a drop of castor oil. Lovely for putting on dry or cracked cheeks in the winter frosts too. :heart:

5 Likes

That’s a clever idea- I like that! :grinning:

We’ve been experimenting a bit with natural dyes here, but my big concern is that natural dye from fruit juice (beets in particular) has so much water that it isn’t really shelf stable over a long time. I’m going to experiment with it more, but I like the tip about re-using products (especially to use up that last little bit of something) in order to carry the color forward. Love it!

Thank you, @SilverBear! :heart::sparkles:

5 Likes

Use Beet Root powder - that will eliminate the “extra water” content but still give it some color.

5 Likes

That’s a really good idea- we’ve dried beets from the garden before, but never powdered them. Will have to give this a try! Thanks, Silverbear! :purple_heart: :blush:

5 Likes