2. Cedar

3. Clover

4. Fennel,

5. Marigold

6. Mugwort - handle with caution if pregnant/nursing

7. Pine

8. Rose

9. Rosemary

Pour the nine herbs into the mixing bowl one by one.

Hold each herb in your hands for a few moments, and as you pour each one into the bowl say these words:

“(Name of herb) hear my call and, protect my home and all who dwell here.”

Once all of the herbs have been added to the bowl, gently mix them together with your hands.

Say the words, "Thank you plant spirts for protecting my home and all within."

Hold the bowl and visualize all of the plant spirits glowing with a protective white light. See this light spread over & under the entire home and touching all of those within. The home is becoming safe and secure as this light travels over the entire property, encompassing it with protection.

Once your visualization is complete, use the funnel to add the herbs into the bottle/jar and then cap the bottle/jar & place it somewhere out of view, but still near the doorway.

You can bury this outside near the front steps as well. However, I don’t recommend burying glass. Try something less harmful, like a toilet paper tube. Of course, with it not being in glass, the tube will break down and you will need to periodically do this spell again to keep the protection going.

I don’t like to bury glass, because as a green witch, my oath is to try to protect earth and all it’s creatures as best as I can. Glass can break and harm the animals. So, I choose to never bury glass items.

Why 9 herbs? Nine is a sacred number. Nine is three times three, which makes it a triply powerful number in some systems. In many traditions, nine is associated with Goddess energy. In some symbolism structures, nine indicates change and growth. Nine is the number of completion and fulfillment.

This spell would work best if performed during a Full Moon phase.

Full moon workings can be done from fourteen to seventeen and a half days after the new moon. The full moon is for fertility, conjuring, prophecy, protection, divination, any working that needs extra power, new or increased knowledge, legal undertakings, money and dreams.

Other correspondences to consider to aid in raising the energy & success of your will:

• Light a white candle during this spell. White symbolizes: purification, protection, & peace.

• Cast this spell on a Saturday (or as I mentioned above, a full moon would also work well) Saturday is good for protection, banishing and karma workings. Cleanse away problems in the home and life in general. A good day to eliminate negative habits & influences, cast spells for protection, justice, & karmic retribution.

11 Likes

Thank you for this sacred knowledge of yours!!! I love how the number nine works greatly!!

That’d be perfect if the full moon landed on a Saturday!!
Thanks @SilverBear :sparkles::pray::sparkles::smiling_face:

6 Likes

I love this idea. I’m assuming it’s OK to choose appropriate substitutions if you don’t have all the herbs?

May do this during the full moon on Thursday before we go on holiday to protect the home whilst we’re away.

4 Likes

Yes, choose herbs with protective qualities. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you :blush:

5 Likes

A really lovely spell, and I appreciate your notes on how to safely bury the herbs while being mindful of wildlife that may come across it :herb::deer:

Thanks so much for this one! I’ll be saving it for when we switch out of apartment life and have a place of our own someday :house_with_garden: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I love this protection spell, it’s like a protection witch bottle using your Earth-Friendly Tip. It’s perfect for this Full Strawberry Moon :full_moon:

Thank you for sharing this spell, @SilverBear!

4 Likes