Witchy Tip & Earth Friendly! šŸŒŽ

If you have a Jar spell or a Satchel spell that requires you to bury the item once itā€™s complete or once it no longer serves youā€¦here is a REALLY cheap and environmentally friendly way to do that! Use an old toilet paper or paper towel tubes. Place your spell items inside the tubeā€¦and bury that.

I have been using jars in the pastā€¦but love this idea - as itā€™s cost effect and earth friendly!

BAM! #Greenwitch :green_heart: :herb: :earth_americas:

13 Likes

Thatā€™s a great affordable option to start working with sachet spells, without having a big budget for charm bags or fabric.

You could also decorate the outside of the tube, for example with sigils/symbols/words, or paint in a specific color depending on the intention.

:heart: :green_heart: :yellow_heart:

Thank you for this tip!

9 Likes

HA! I didnā€™t even think to add sigils and such to the outside. WHOO!! Awesome!

8 Likes

This is a great way to be ecofriendly in your spellwork! Iā€™ve always cringed when I hear of people who bury very glass bottles or things that arenā€™t naturally biodegradable. This is a perfect alternative!

The only downside I could think to this is if your spell jar is for home protection, for example, and is buried on your land. Thatā€™s something that I think should be put in glass because it wonā€™t break down and ruin your spell jar. Then, if you ever move, you just dig it up, cleanse it, and take it with you.

8 Likes

I thought of that also about the protection aspect if it breaks downā€¦HOWEVER, I am a firm believer that itā€™s the intentions behind the itemsā€¦the items for me are more of a ā€œvisualā€ thing I guessā€¦so in my heart I believe even if it biodegrades, Gaia will still protect my items and keep the spell goingā€¦BECAUSE itā€™s eco friendly, she will love that! :smiley:

9 Likes

That makes sense :slight_smile:
Thank you for sharing!

8 Likes

What a clever idea! Someone had their thinking cap on!

8 Likes

Sometimes I am smart! HAHAHA

6 Likes

Great Tips ā€¦ Thanks :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

T.P. and paper towel rolls would be good to use too! you could fold the ends in, add a little bit of paper tape on the end, fill, and fold the top in-tape it closed and donā€™t forget to add the sigils and art :wink:
This probably could be added to witch hack thread?? This is an awesome hack! Thank you @SilverBear for making the earth greener :earth_americas:
I might make a ā€˜TPjarā€™ to bury now :wink:
:butterfly:

4 Likes

Well, if my hubby wasnā€™t already made at me for hoarding jars, now heā€™s going to look at me weird for hoarding empty tp rolls! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Thank you for the brilliant idea! Iā€™m always looking for more ways to be green.

3 Likes