How can I worship and work with Fortuna?

I’ve read about her and I’ve felt the need to contact her to bring luck and prosperity into my household , but the spells I’ve found requires a lot of things I don’t have, I am a witch on a budget and I don’t have a lot of materials
What are simpler ways to contact Fortuna through spells and what kind of offerings should I leave for her?
Thank you
Blessed be ~

3 Likes

Oh, this is an interesting topic to me because I had an experience during my meditation where I saw what I figured out to be Her. I never had another experience with Her, but I did do some research.

There isn’t a lot known online - that I could find - about the Roman Goddess Fortuna. She is associated in the Greek pantheon with Tyche. If you want to read about Her Greek counterpart, Theoi.com is a great resource for Greek deities.

According to Britannica

Fortuna , in Roman Religion, goddess of chance or lot who became identified with the Greek Tyche; the original Italian deity was probably regarded as the bearer of prosperity and increase. As such she resembles a fertility deity, hence her association with the bounty of the soil and the fruitfulness of women. Frequently she was an oracular goddess consulted in various ways regarding the future. Fortuna was worshiped extensively in Italy from the earliest times. At Praeneste her shrine was a well-known oracular seat, as was her shrine at Antium. Fortuna is often represented bearing a cornucopia as the giver of abundance and a rudder as controller of destinies, or standing on a ball to indicate the uncertainty of fortune.

There’s also this that I found on the Wikipedia page for Fortuna that comes from Seneca’s tragedy Agamemnon. This is a chorus addressing Fortuna.

O Fortune, who dost bestow the throne’s high boon with mocking hand, in dangerous and doubtful state thou settest the too exalted. Never have sceptres obtained calm peace or certain tenure; care on care weighs them down, and ever do fresh storms vex their souls. … great kingdoms sink of their own weight, and Fortune gives way ‘neath the burden of herself. Sails swollen with favouring breezes fear blasts too strongly theirs; the tower which rears its head to the very clouds is beaten by rainy Auster. … Whatever Fortune has raised on high, she lifts but to bring low. Modest estate has longer life; then happy he whoe’er, content with the common lot, with safe breeze hugs the shore, and, fearing to trust his skiff to the wider sea, with unambitious oar keeps close to land. - Fortuna; Wikipedia

Based on these stories and this information alone, I would expect that you could create an altar to Her in regard to bounty and abundance. Maybe representations of a cornucopia or bountiful food for your area. Maybe coins or things that represent wealth for you. I don’t think you need a spell in particular to contact her. What you could do is meditate with Her image or with coins in your hand. Call out to Her and ask Her to be with you.

I also found this video on YouTube that might be helpful to you.

4 Likes

Statue Fortuna (Tyche) came in my Sacred Space Crate, with info a invocation and blessing. Very interesting to say the least that you would ask about her at the same time.

Light a green candle put a coin under the candle and let wax drip all over the coin while you meditate on her. or just call to her and talk to her… when you are done, take the coin with the wax and tuck it in your purse or wallet, keep it with you.

3 Likes

A synchronicity, for sure!

1 Like

So I’ve got an update , it’s a little peculiar because I think I’ve might have been contacted by Hecate in the last week! Does anyone know how I can reach out to Her ? How can I dress my altar to honor Her and what offerings should I leave out ?
Also if you know any prayers dedicated to Hecate , please post then here <3
Thank you ~

2 Likes

I don’t know anything specifically, but I know that Theoi has a lot of good information on Her and it would be a good place to start!

There, you can find different information on Her mythology, possible correspondences, as well as the Homeric Hymns that were used to call upon Her and praise Her.

3 Likes

@MidnightVixxen Here’s a video prayer to work with Fortuna the Goddess of Luck:

Also check out this post for a lot of information on Hecate :pray: :pray:

3 Likes

I completely forgot about that post lol and that’s funny to me because I responded there with more information!

2 Likes