How to bury things when you don't have ground?

Hello all, I have what seems like a weird question. As you may remember, I live in an RV full-time. I am currently getting ready to do a threshold protection ritual that involves burying 3 cloves of garlic under my threshold/doorstep. My RV site is concreate so that won’t work. I do have a small yard but it is several yards away from my doorstep. Is there an alternative way to “bury” these? I do have steps and a porch so I could do something under the first step that would not be seen/undisturbed until we move.

9 Likes

I think if you have any potted plants you could bury in the dirt there. Or tweak the spell a bit and burn it. Or you could get really creative and dig a bit of dirt from your yard and put it in a bag with your ritual things that need buried and tape the bag under your step. That would cover all your bases so to speak lol. I’m sure others will have better ideas, those are just things I would do. Have a wonderful day

9 Likes

¡Hola, Jessica! :slight_smile:

I live in an apartment so I feel you, lol. For the spells I’ve been doing I use a flower pot, just with dirt, and it’s working fine so far.

Creating a little yard with a box works as well.

I hope you find this useful! :love_letter: and blessed be!

8 Likes

@crystal24 and @RyuWyn Oh, those are good ideas! I have a few flower pots currently unused that I could easily set up to serve this purpose. My current flowers all need lots of sun so I can’t move them to where my steps are located. But I like the idea of putting flowers on either side and burying stuff in them! I’ll have to see if I can find some plants that can handle the heat plus shade most of the day (I either have our awnings out to keep the sun off the camper of the sun moves to put the shade on that side).

8 Likes

Great I hope it works out for you

8 Likes

For that matter buy some artificial flowers and put in the pots. Theyll look pretty and you’ll be the only one who knows that the pots hold your work. Plus it would be a good way to remember where certain things are located.

6 Likes

I would suggest putting something underneath the RV where your door is to go in! Or alternatively, I don’t see why you couldn’t hang it from the door on the outside or inside :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

Lemme know how that goes!

6 Likes

@MeganB, Funny you mention this! I actually found a square planter thing (I think it is one of those drain pans you put the pot in) on Amazon that will fit underneath my steps! My plan is to fill it with dirt and then I can put it under there. I can take this with us then when we move places and not have to worry about anything. :smile:

@phoenix_dawn, I like the fake flowers idea! :sunflower: Then I don’t have to worry about them dying in this Texas heat! I can easily put different ones on either side, some for Selene :white_flower: and some for Aphrodite :rose: and use that to keep what is in where straight. Thanks!

6 Likes

You could also do a symbolic act to replace the burying of the garlic cloves. For example:

1. Find a park or a place with lots of natural dirt.
  2. Step and collect the soil under your footstep.
  3. Use it as a symbolic representation of your doorway/treshold by putting the soil in a jar.
  4. Bury the garlic cloves in that jar instead, and keep it in your RV.
6 Likes

@Amaris_Bane you’re welcome. All of my plants except for my aloe are artificial because I can’t seem to keep plants alive. But I do plan to try starting another small herb garden in the spring. I’m doing lots of reading to prepare myself so I can try once more to grow my own herbs in hopes of cutting costs on my herbs I refuse to believe that I have a black thumb when I’m so drawn to green witchery.plus there are so many non magical benefits for things like pest control that common herbs in a garden would help prevent which are safe than the chemicals I’m wasting money on.

4 Likes

That’s a great find! My nana and papa live in their RV and I’ll have to show them that! Do you have a link to share?

3 Likes

I like this idea as well! Thanks!!

5 Likes

Haha, I’m right there with you. Most of my herbs died this year thanks to the Texas heat. I’ve got to figure something else out for next spring.

5 Likes

@MeganB, Yes, here is the Amazon link: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B000I1M7V6/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_97NTRJCBETQV4VZAZBKD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Here is what it looks like. And there is actually 3 in the package!

5 Likes

Nice, thank you!

5 Likes