How to make a salve

I love that you put this in its own post so we can share a direct link to it now :heart: Thank you!

7 Likes

Ooo… thank you for sharing! I will have to bookmark this & see if I can get it into my one of my BOS’, with credit of course if you don’t mind :revolving_hearts: I have made them before but they didn’t come out this nicely done!

Thank you for the lesson!

8 Likes

@Susurrus u have my consent to add anything u want to your BOS

7 Likes

@MeganB thanks @Susurrus is helping me so we can get all of my recipes in one spot for easier access. Its a process.

7 Likes

This is so true- waste none, whenever possible! :pray:

So many oils to explore! I appreciate the note about the long shelf life of olive oil- that’s an important thing to keep in mind when choosing a base. My mother recently made some salves and I think she used a combination of coconut oil and jojoba oil :amphora:

The first salve I ever made was with an herbalist in Tuscany and we used a more… er, traditional? (not sure if that’s the word I should use here lol) base for the herbal salves which was pig fat. Felt great on the skin, but ohhhh boy was it stinky went it went bad :joy:

I definitely want to try with the olive oil :olive: :sparkles::grinning:

Thank you so much for this amazing recipe, @Mistress_Of_Herbs- it’s really a blessing! :pray::heart:

8 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs thank you! I tend to use Grapeseed Oil, but since we have had the :olive: Olive post, I think I am going to use my EVOO for infusions too!

I have a couple of your recipes bookmarked, so I will get them at least in my laptop BOS before I transfer them… still figuring out how I want to separate my written one with the practices I regularly use. :laughing:

7 Likes

@Susurrus oh i have a totally separate BOS for my recipes.

8 Likes

I made a whole BOS folder on my laptop for recipes now. Lol… I took out diffuser recipes & put them in their own little home. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::upside_down_face:

7 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs
Thank you so much! This is great!
Big Hugs :people_hugging:

7 Likes

Ooo… I gotto try this one… Thank you so much…

8 Likes

Yall are very welcome. By all means bookmark any recipe i share, save it to your BOS. Im ok with both. Please keep in mind i share things for yall that i think yall will find most beneficial, but if any of u have a question about an oil/herb or if u need something more specific please let me know. I have lots of recipes. Waaaaaayyy more than i have posted. And coming up with recipes is easy for me. I mean i even had a friend ask for a lupus blend. So im not shy, just ask.

8 Likes

Thank you @Mistress_Of_Herbs i really appreciate that… I love working with herbs… For medicinal and magical uses, so i will definitely have a lot of questions in the upcoming months…

8 Likes

@yolande1 a woman after my own heart.

8 Likes

Hahah yes i spotted your name when i first joined… I am so glad to chat with you. I have this attraction to herbs… Everything i do has a herb in it… LOL…
I make a few medicines and creams here and there but my mind is hungry for knowledge… Its awesome…

8 Likes

@yolande1 thats wonderful!!! I love making stuff. Hmmmmm creams, u and i need to talk lol

8 Likes

Ooo totally… Maybe we can have a brainstorming session and come up with some new recipes? :blush:

8 Likes

@yolande1 oh absolutely love

7 Likes

Yipeee… My favorite thing to do…:star_struck::star_struck:

7 Likes

Just wanted to give everybody a heads up. I found tins at Dollar Tree. They have 2 different sizes. 4 for $1.25.

5 Likes

Ohhh I’m gonna have to make a trip to the dollar store lol thank you for the heads up!

5 Likes