How to Make Parchment Like Paper for Writing

https://www.craftsuprint.com/projects/paper-craft/making-and-transforming-paper/how-to-make-parchment-like-paper-for-writing.cfm

I thought this is a good idea

5 Likes

What a fun project- thanks for sharing, John! :scroll::sparkles:

For those of us who are tea-drinkers, a strong black tea will work to color the paper too:

8 Likes

Love this. This is what i do whmith the kids in my class when they are writing “old” letters as part of their history work.

7 Likes

This was beautiful video. I will do the tea bag one just use Lipton black tea works the best (use oolong for the magic purpose) many ways of making magic paper for spells

6 Likes

That’s really cool.

6 Likes

Is there a way to do the staining on paper that has ink on it?

4 Likes

Agreed! It’s a fun craft that adds even more atmosphere to recorded spells :scroll: :grinning: :sparkles:

I haven’t tried it with inked paper before, but I imagine the liquid would make the ink spread and you’d be left with blotchy writing.

Maybe if the ink was really durable and someone used a very, very light brew (with as little liquid as possible)? :thinking:

6 Likes

I would definitely do this before writing on the paper

5 Likes

I think with the printed paper I’ll take a damp tea bag and go around the edges and maybe a tiny bit in the middle. Burn the edges a little bit. If you crinkle the paper it also looks aged. I’m not sure I’d do that though :confused:

5 Likes