How to use magick to help others?

Hi all,
I want to become strong as a witch and use my herbs and tarot and spells etc to help others and myself. I want to especially help when myself or others are feeling doubts, anxiety, fear or just have questions.

What can I do to become like this?

I confess i dont have much of a daily practice. Maybe that’s part of the issue. I’m not a very regulated person, but I wish I was better at it.

Any tips welcome. Love and light! :pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Have you been through the Courses yet? They’ll give you a good starting place to figure out what kind of things you’ll actually need and begin a daily practice. There’s also a Daily Devotional page to help you out.

A lot of it is just getting the courage to start up! Once you start though, you won’t want to stop. LOL! Good luck!

9 Likes

Warm greetings @chaitea43 :blush:

I hope you don’t mind that I upgraded your question into a discussion of its own- I think it’s a great topic and hopefully this way it will be easier for fellow coven members to see the post and share their thoughts! :infinite_roots:

I think you have a very kind heart for wanting to share your gifts and help others- it is a wonderful way to use your talents and abilities for the greater good! :heart:

I would suggest choosing an area of the Craft that particularly calls to you- it might be something you find that you are very skilled in and/or something you enjoy a lot. Every unique area of magick offers its own unique ways to potentially help others!

For example,
:herb: Green Witches might use their herbal knowledge in herbal medicine and treatments
:ghost: Mediums/those talented in spirit work could help people connect with their loved ones across the veil
:flower_playing_cards: Those with divination skills (tarot, oracle, pendulum, runes, crystal ball, etc) can offer guidance and insight to those who are lost or need advice
:candle: Solar magick and candle magick can bring blessings and light in dark times

Those are just a few to help you get an idea- there are many ways magick can be used to help others (and ourselves!). I recommend exploring the strengths of your favorite area(s) of magick to find ways that you can help :handshake:

Wishing you all the best and cheering you on on your journey- Blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

I think that’s a noble goal to have :blush: In my opinion, helping others close to us is one way we as a society can grow closer to a more community-based society rather than the current selfish me-based society we currently live in.

I like the suggestions that @BryWisteria gave – your skills will be unique to you so you just have to figure out what you can do, what you’re interested in, and how you can help :blush:

I don’t think having a daily practice, or not having a daily practice, would be an issue. I like to think of my practice as being more consistent than daily. As long as I’m doing the things I planned to do then it doesn’t matter if I’m doing something every day. The only exception to this for me is meditation. I’m trying to build this into a daily practice for spiritual as well as mental health reasons :sweat_smile:

I’d say if you’re still learning, then that’s okay! You might find it helpful to set aside some time a few times a week to focus on your studies or learning about something you find interesting. Everyone learns to walk before they can run – take your time! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s defintely okay!

8 Likes

What has worked for me - and doesn’t mean it will work for you, but who knows - has been to incorporate it in small steps with what I do already. For example, when I stir my coffee, I stir it 13 times clockwise (with a silent honoring of Hekate). Or once ot twice a week I try to read something that connects to magick.

To build on what Amethyst said, maybe you do a lesson from the courses evry morning, every Friday, or when it fits for you. Your schedule is your own, and you might not have the time to do something daily. Maybe once a week or once a month. When I started out I was only celebrating the full moon and reading up on different practices and ideas.

But in the end whatever you decide, will be the right way for you.

8 Likes

Thank you! There are so many courses haha I’m still in them. Right now I’m doing the rune one. And I completed the tarot one and some basic courses.

5 Likes

Thank you! It is fine with me that you uograded my question. Some how the site still wants me to choose a solution to the question?

I really like your answer. Right now I’m into tarot, candle magic and I’ve studied herbs some. I guess my fear with diving into herbs is making someone who is unwell feel even worse by making a mistake. It feels like mistakes in herb work could be fatal or at the least quite bad!

I wish i had a green witch to be apprentice to.

5 Likes

This is just something the site does when there’s a post in the Q&A section :blush: no worries and no pressure to choose a solution!

This is definitely a valid fear to have – you’re not alone! One thing I’ve found helpful about the Spells8 courses is that they discuss the herbs through the lens of witchcraft and not herbalism. :herb: Within witchcraft, herbs aren’t generally ingested unless in a tea or given by an herbalist, someone that knows what they’re doing. That’s the safest bet, in my opinion!

5 Likes

Megan is right on- while there is the option to select an answer (that will then be featured at the top), sometimes there are many good answers to a question, in which case there is no need to have to choose just one! :blush: No stress!

I think you are very wise to be cautious with herbs- they are very potent! Nature is an amazing thing, but while She heals many, She also has the power to hurt- Nature should always be handled with care, respect, and caution :pray:

If herbs call to you, I would warmly encourage you to pursue them by starting with “beginner-friendly” herbs and plants. These are ones that are widely used, easy to find, and deemed quite safe for normal use- things such as chamomile, lavender, thyme, rosemary, etc. You’ll likely find a lot of relatively safe and accessible herbs and plants in your kitchen spice cabinet :blush::herb::sparkles:

Megan has a great point- when using herbs in spellwork you don’t have to worry about any potential bad effects or dangers of ingesting them! Exploring common herbs in magick is a great way to get to know them, and oftentimes (but not always!) the magickal properties align with or are similar to their medicinal benefits :+1:

Lots of love and blessed be! :green_heart: :herb:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.