Huge journal/BoS

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I agree with this sentiment so fully.

7 Likes

So I bought the giant journal’s little sister today! I was there picking up some crystals and incense for Hel’s altar and said F it.

3-ring binder for size comparison.

I love how many pages it has. And I didn’t realize they were handmade pages! I love it even more now.

Now to practice my calligraphy skills again so I can make it look pretty, lol.

9 Likes

Oh, that is lovely! I have been thinking about doing a scrapbook type of grimoire for my daughter, or to pass down to who will have it.

I agree that I would be brushing up on my calligraphy skills too! I actually bought calligraphy pens & a workbook in 2020. My daughter, then 10 decided she wanted to learn too & Mommy should share. The next day… poof… gone… I bet now that she is “older” & being a teenager I could actually use my own pens & workbooks :laughing:

I really like them both though! Ack, I’m going to be all over Etsy tonight :rofl:

8 Likes

Ooh @BryWisteria we should do a challenge with calligraphy and sigil drawings or something of the sort, that would be fun! You probably already have done this I would imagine, but thought I’d put it out there! :black_nib: :white_heart:

7 Likes

@Amaris_Bane Love your book, mine is smaller than yours it’s A5 size ut I love it and it’s really special to me as my partner surprised me with it at Christmas 2020, he said he saw me looking at them on line so knew he had to get me one x

9 Likes

Well, I’m just going to have a version of one of these :laughing:

@jan_TheGreenWitch I 2nd the calligraphy or hand written challenge maybe with drawn sigils. :thinking: @BryWisteria will be able to make it work :grin:

9 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch It’s a very fun theme- thank you for suggesting it! :blush: We did do the Sigils & Symbols Challenge not too long ago, but handwriting wasn’t a key part of it. I can definitely put it on the list to run in the future- sigils/symbols/writing is certainly a popular topic and one that I imagine folks would love to explore again! :heart:

@ColletteMary Your BoS is gorgeous!!! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

@ColletteMary that is beautiful! I had thought about getting the A5 for my book of mirrors but I fell in love with the below cover. I can input an A5 journal inside and change them out when it gets full.

@BryWisteria I am so game for a calligraphy/sigil challenge! I have many sigils that I use but I could make them prettier. Plus with a new deity, I will need to make new sigils soon.

9 Likes

I love that cover x

8 Likes

I found it on Amazon! Moon Refillable Faux Leather Journal by SohoSpark, 6x8 Vegan Lined Writing Journal

They also have this cool tree design:

7 Likes

I need to stop looking at all of these lovely versions of Grimoires, BoS, Books of Mirrors… I’m going to run out of room for them all if they make it off the wishlist :laughing:

7 Likes

I am not allowed any more BOS’s until I fill what I have. I’m a BOS junkie!!!

7 Likes

I am the same way, I have this thing for writing in journals, books, scrapbooks. I was just downstairs looking through ones that my daughter & I made over the course of a year. Oh the memories, but having a BoS or Grimoire that way. :star_struck:

Journals & Books of Mirrors galore though. The one I am finishing right now has a crow on it. The next one has just a black cover with a button closure. So I’m always looking for new ones. I had seen these ones in varying sizes & types through my travels. I just could never figure out what I would use one for in my practice.

Now I know! :revolving_hearts:

7 Likes

I saw one like mine at the Texas Renfest last year for $300. I think I got mine fir $45 on Etsy. Lol!

7 Likes

This is my 11 X 14 BOS and it’s a scrapbook too.

10 Likes

I meant to reply to your thoughtful reply but yesterday got away from me!

Thank you! I appreciate your time in responding. I will also admit I spent a few hours down the Commonplace book rabbit hole :laughing: Such a delightful idea that I didn’t even know existed. Yes, this is pretty much what I am currently doing with my journal.

I also appreciate your hide-in-the-open advice. You’re right, I don’t think my SO questions my journal or its contents but knows that I do like to write and record things. I was on the Bullet Journal train for a few years and carried that around recording everything, so this isn’t much of an outward change.

That is definitely where I am at this point in my life. I have made a decision on my path but it’s mine alone and I don’t care to make sure everyone who comes in contact with me knows it. In my 20s, I felt like every new thought, idea, or belief I had needed to be shared with everyone :laughing: I was a bit much.

:closed_book: :open_book: :heart:

7 Likes

#truthbomb. We all did. At least I did too! I mellowed a lot thankfully :white_heart:. Im so happy you appreciate the commonplace book rabbit hole! :rabbit:. It’s good company! :open_book:

7 Likes

I didn’t start in my 20s but my first year was very much like this! I wrote EVERYTHING down, lol. Now I’m much more discerning, especially with what goes into my BoS. I use my Book of Mirrors to write down things like book quotes that really catch my attention or my thoughts. I also have a composition notebook for trial spells/recipes that I can make modifications to the page. Once I have it in a final state, then I transfer it to my BoS. Part of this is because I have perfectionist tendency from childhood trauma. I am trying to break this by allowing myself to make mistakes in my BoM and not using correction tape/whiteout. Seeing the strike-outs does make my skin itch but it is not as bad as when I first started, lol.

6 Likes

Ok, I officially love him! Such a great video, so glad you shared it and put me down the right rabbit hole ! :rabbit2: :heart:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.