Hummingbird Love

The last 3 days this beautiful hummingbird will come and sit next to me when I’m outside. I put a feeder out because I was having a lot of activity with them (kind of all of the sudden). I wanted to share because these little birds have always been a favorite of mine. And, to have them hang out and be near is happiness!

8 Likes

Hummingbirds are so gorgeous :heart_eyes: I appreciate you sharing this picture! Something I learned recently is that in Florida, there are only three native species of Hummingbird. I imagine it’s because of the climate – I don’t think they do well in the tropics – but I miss seeing hummingbirds flit around the bushes like when I was a kid :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

@kelly30 Hummingbirds are such interesting birds to watch, I could literally just sit and watch them for an hour or more! I just saw them in the ‘wild’ once I moved up north (yeah @MeganB I don’t think Florida has many).

They are attracted to red as well, fyi.

The Hummingbird brings joy, good luck and is a symbol of love and the freedom to pursue the desires of the heart - it’s the perfect totem animal to work with in spells and charms for love! It looks like they chose you!
:green_heart: :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

Thank you @MeganB! I live in Phoenix, AZ and I’ve read that a few are native and stay here year-round and others will migrate.

4 Likes

They are something special to see and be around @jan_TheGreenWitch! I love the thought that they chose to bless me! And I am happy to help them hydrate (Phoenix summer is brutal). I’ve lived in my home for about 4 years now and since I started being more present and mindful, I receive beautiful little gifts like the hummingbird.

6 Likes

One evening earlier this summer when I was watering some veggies a little distance out in the yard, I was standing on my deck and spraying the water jet out a ways to reach them and a hummingbird came over and fluttered next to the water stream for drinks. Even went back and forth with it for several minutes! I really enjoyed that.

6 Likes

What part of Phoenix are you in? I’m usually there a few times a year staying with friends in Surprise but also have family in Tempe that I visit. Would totally be down to grab coffee or a drink sometime when I’m there if you’d be up for it. Also cool if not, I know meeting people from online groups can be weird sometimes lmao.

6 Likes

I live in Goodyear @ValentineMoonBabe. I used to live in Surprise! My mom and step-dad still do. Goodyear is about 20 mins from Surprise. I’m also very familiar with Tempe, as I used to work/play around there. I love coffee and tea and I would be down!

6 Likes

Awesome, I’m familiar with Goodyear! I’ll let ya know next time I’m out that way!

6 Likes

So cute! :heart_eyes: And such a great picture too- it looks like you found a very good model who likes to pose! :camera_flash: :laughing: :two_hearts:

3 Likes

@kelly30 one of my fav YouTube gardening channels just posted a video about attracting more hummingbirds!! Check it out!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.