I found a cow skull

Hello! I have found a caw skull, so I thought it will be a good Idea for doing spell and offering this to a Goddess.
What do you think about this idea? I was thinking to put in the woods and make a spell over there… Im pretty sure Morrigan likes bones and stuff like that …

13 Likes

I have a hawk skull in a travel altar

12 Likes

What’s a caw

9 Likes

Hi @juanita1!

Bones can definitely be used as a part of an altar display and/or as a respectful offering to certain deities- you’ve got options! :grinning:

I don’t work with the Morrigan myself, but from what I’ve read about Her I think you’re right. As a deity associated with death and war, I personally think bones given respectfully would be a suitable offering :skull: :sparkles:

There are some more ideas about offerings for the Morrígan along with offering prayer chants in Her lesson in the Goddess Temple Course- I’ll leave a link here in case you’re interested!

Whatever you choose to do, I’m sure you’ll find the perfect use for your skull!

Blessed be :sparkles:

9 Likes

I think they’re referring to a type of bird. Maybe a crow, raven, or rook.

Which would make it extra resonant with The Morrigan.

But I’m just guessing.

8 Likes

sorry is cow

8 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhhh cow!!! Wow??? Where you find it lol? Nothing else was with it just the skull. Sorry forgive me I’m a curious creature

7 Likes

I founded it on the way in the mountain I live, it was only de skull, last year I found a jaw

8 Likes

A little digging and I found a couple goddesses specifically associated with cows. In Hinduism, there is Kamadhenu, also known as Surabhi. Kamadhenu is a divine, wish-fulfilling cow that is considered the mother of all cows. In ancient Egyptian mythology, the goddess Hathor is sometimes depicted as a cow or with cow horns.

Or if you weren’t especially looking for a cow-related goddess perhaps one of the darker goddesses (Hekate, Morrigan, Hel, Persephone or Kali) or one that is associated with animals (Artemis, Brigid, or Isis)?

7 Likes

If you can’t find a specific spell to use the skull for, it’s always okay to give it back to the Earth as an act of goodwill and compassion :heart:

8 Likes

This is a great idea! You don’t have to use it in spellwork if you don’t want to or can’t connect to it in that way. This would be a lovely way to honor the animal and the land.

It’s also ok to just keep it because you like it. I have a background in wildlife biology and worked for a Natural Sciences Museum so I have a fondness for feathers, bones, snake skins, bee hives, and the like. I have a mini biological museum on my bookshelf! :laughing:

8 Likes