Iced Coconut Latte Pops

Sorry, I’m so late this week people. I found something new to read and it’s gotten later and later as I read and I still haven’t gotten my stuff together yet for today! Here’s this week’s recipe, something to wake me up and cool me off. Hope y’all like it!

Iced Coconut Latte Pops

Active: 20 mins
total: 8 hrs 20 mins
Servings: 8

Ingredients:

¾ cup canned unsweetened canned light coconut milk
⅓ cup sugar (see Tip)
2 cups brewed coffee, chilled (see Tip)

Directions:

Step 1

In a small bowl stir together 1/2 cup of the coconut milk and 1 tbsp. of the sugar. Pour into eight 3-oz. paper cups or ice pop molds. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.

Step 2

In a medium bowl combine coffee, the remaining 1/4 cup coconut milk, and the remaining sugar. Pour over coconut layer. Insert sticks into molds. If using paper cups, cover each cup with foil. Cut a small slit in foil and insert a wooden stick into each pop. Freeze overnight or until firm.

Tips:

Tips: If using a sugar substitute, choose Splenda(R) Granular. Follow package directions to use 1/3 cup sugar equivalent. Nutrition Per Serving with Substitute: same as below, except 23 calories, 2g carb, 1g sugars

Use cold-brewed or French press coffee to get a dark layer between the coffee and coconut layers.

Nutritional Facts:

Serving Size: 1 popsicle

Per Serving:
52 calories; protein 0.1g; carbohydrates 9.2g; sugars 8.4g; fat 1.5g; saturated fat 1.5g; folate 1.2mcg; calcium 1.3mg; magnesium 1.8mg; potassium 29.2mg; sodium 20mg.
Exchanges: 1/2 other carb

Recipe courtesy of Eating Well.

6 Likes

This sounds like a nice and refreshing summer treat- and the coffee would give these pops quite the punch of energy! :grin::sparkles:

It sounds like you’ve found a fun new book- that’s the best when a book is so good that it sucks you in and it’s tough to leave. Enjoy it, @Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :open_book:

3 Likes

Ooh, ooh! My uncle just brought me a coconut from Hawaii! I e got to try this with all the horrible heat we’ve been having! :hot_face:
And thanks for having the Splenda tip!!! :grin:

2 Likes

I thought so! A nice bit of sweetness without being too sweet!

Yeah, but I forgot to eat yesterday and I forgot my afternoon meds until it was too late to take them! That’s how good the story was to me! LOL!

I hope it turns out well for you my dear! And you are welcome for the Splenda bit, I’m glad I included it!

2 Likes

Wow, that is one good book! :star_struck: So glad you’re enjoying it, but those eating breaks are important too- need fuel to keep reading! :yum::open_book:

The best thing about frozen treats is that they last for a long time. They’ll be there waiting for you tomorrow if you forget to eat them today! :grin::+1:

Enjoy them, Amethyst! :heart:

1 Like

I ate yesterday so I’m doing better! LOL!

1 Like