Identifying a crystal

¡Hola a todos y todas!

Last saturday, I went to a town near home and stopped by a crystal place. I found beautiful things but a green crystal called my attention, it was the only one like that among other green crystals, unfortunately, I couldn’t recognize it immediately.

When I got home I saw in an app identifier I use that seem to be a Malachite, but I want to make sure with any of you that might know.

Thanks in advanced and blessed be! :green_heart:

10 Likes

Good idea to give the crystal identifier a try! :+1:

Aside from the most basics crystals I wouldn’t put too much faith in my crystal identifying abilities :sweat_smile:

So calling on @Christina4, @Missa, and any and all crystal experts in the forum! :gem::mag: :sparkles: Hopefully they’ll have some good input for you, @RyuWyn.

Whatever the crystal may be, it is lovely! Enjoy it! :heart:

7 Likes

That’s definitely malachite!!! It’s gorgeous!
tu malaquita es hermosa! gracias por preguntar para que yo pudiera verlo :grin:

9 Likes

Thanks a lot @BryWisteria for calling the experts, haha

And @christina4, thank you for confirming. ¡Aprecio enormemente que escribas en español! :green_heart:

Thanks again and blessed be!

7 Likes

You’re welcome :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

No problem at all, @RyuWyn- sometimes I think the best way to answer a question you don’t know personally is to “phone-a-friend”, or in this case, “phone-a-crystal-expert” :joy:

Enjoy your beautiful malachite! :green_heart: :gem:

And thanks for your crystal wisdom, @Christina4! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Yes! it is malachite. Thank you @BryWisteria for including me in this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And thank you for confirming! :heart: @Missa

4 Likes

I’m I actually have a crystal that I can’t remember what the heck it is! I think it’s either honey calcite or yellow quartz. Any opinions??

The back is what makes me say honey calcite bc if it were quartz, with a break like this, you’d most likely see rainbows.

4 Likes

@christina4 I feel very strongly that it’s honey calcite. I had a huge chunk of it at one time but when my witchcraft supplies were ransacked and stolen that was one of the things that disappeared :sob: completely broke my heart because my daughter and I found it in my dad’s yard while playing when she was about 4 years old. She’s almost 13 now :worried: the thieves must have needed it more than I did I suppose

3 Likes

im going to say honey calcite! im like 80% sure it is lol

3 Likes

I had a gut feeling that it was too but I wanted some input. I have a lot of yellow quartz and some broke, that’s why I asked. My kids touch my stuff and get it all mixed up and you of place. I don’t care but I like to have certain stones together for this reason but thank you so much!!!

2 Likes

I’m sorry that happened to you! That’s horrible!! But I think it’s honey calcite as well! Thank you!!!

2 Likes