Ikapati & Mapulon: A Union of Two Deities

Hello and welcome to all, I may be quite late in doing this challenge involving a chant challenge however I had saved this chant that’s more similar to a poem about the deities Ikapati and Mapulon for awhile already and considering Mapulon is the deity linked to bringer of good health and medicine I wrote this some time ago,

Blessed Be and Enjoy,
Margaret

Ikapati & Mapulon:
by: Margaret aka CabenezdeGaretYValez

Reference Link: https://www.esquiremag.ph/culture/movies-and-tv/filipino-mythology-creatures-deities-tv-a1729-20180731-lfrm2
Challenge Reference: 🎶 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Enchanting Chants - #45 by mary25

Ikapati another deity
Whom oversees agriculture
A deity of benevolence

Married the deity Mapulon
Bringer of good health & medicine
Caretaker of seasons

Are known to be
From ancient tales
Deities of kindness

Regardless of sexes
Their union accepted
For every tales

Their love sprangforth
A deity of lost items
Anagolay, her name

The original deities
Of Ancient Tagalogs
Endures passing seasons

May their compassion
For every beings
Last all generation

6 Likes

I’m glad you were able to find a moment to create such a lovely chant- this week’s challenge theme is perfect for a poet such as yourself, @anne2! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Beautifully written as always- thanks for sharing your lovely words! :scroll: :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you and you’re welcome too @BryWisteria ,

It seems I’ll likely be stopping this semester for college in exchange for different fields of works, I’ll only likely have to wait until the 9th of July for the second dose of Sinovac or Coronavac vaccine and a day or two before I can work in the warehouse my mother gets her supply from for her business as some assistant or helper there. My grandmother who was vaccinated first with AstraZeneca is actually in disbelief I ended up being enlisted for the second dose of Sinovac earlier than her :rofl: :rofl:

Other than it I’d now have moments to write for any of the books and even here any poems that I may think of writing or do research for Herbalism,

1 Like