Im new here

Wendy,
It’s lovely to meet you, my name is Bryce and welcome to the community. I’ve been an on again and off again practitioner, recently have stuck with the craft. I always find myself coming back to it, and my fathers side were Roma (gypsy). Wasn’t sure if that was slang, wanted to be pc about it. I believe it’s something that’s just in my blood. Welcome aboard, and blessed be! :relieved:

6 Likes

I had to buy everything that i needed to start myself off, so i bought 2 different kits. One of them had 20 herbs in them. A couple of the herbs are sage, lavender, carnation, forget me not, fig and red rose petals. I ended up getting glass jars and they came with tags so i put the name of the herb on the front and then what they could be used for on the back.

7 Likes

It sounds like you have an abundance of wonderful herbs to work with- that’s awesome, Wendy! I like the idea of storing them in the glass jars with the labels too. It will help keep them fresh and I bet all of the jars look really nice on display :jar: :blush: :sparkles:

Good luck and happy herbal work! :green_heart::herb:

5 Likes

@wendy kits are awesome. It great to get started with them, learn all u can about each herb, then onto the next. Thats how i started out, and now i have 169 herbs. Just takes time and patience. I keep mine in jars too.

7 Likes

Thank you. I am trying to be organized and learn as much as i can. Love that fall and winter are coming and that is when i do most of my reading and experimenting.

6 Likes

I love your set up @Mistress_Of_Herbs! I only have a few for now but plan on getting a bunch more as time goes by. I have been looking online for some herbology books and anything else that can help me learn about herbs and how to use them in my craft. I have a book shelf that i have some of my supplies on for now. I also have a question. I do most of my spells with my cooking. I’m leaning more towards being a kitchen witch. I was wondering if i am able to use my dried herbs in my meals? I also need to read up on using essential oils. Just found out some oils can be harmful to people if they handle it to much.

6 Likes

I’m with you! Fall and Winter are great for snuggling up cozy inside and working through books or YouTube videos. It’s definitely a prime time of year for magickal studies! :books: :blush: :sparkles:

Blessed be!

6 Likes

@wendy yes hon u can use dried and fresh herbs in your cooking. As for essential oils, they are processed herbs. Many shouldnt be consumed, but yes some can be eaten. Now as for handling too much, that can be true for the actual herb and essential oils. Also no just being harmful to people, they can also be extremely toxic for any pets u may have. When u get an herb or EO, research will be your best friend. Read up on its benefits, sode effects, as well as any countering with meds or diet.

Always remember ANY herb can heal, but they can also harm.

Also thank u so much for the compliment about my set up. Its taken yrs to get it the way i want. And i still find that its not exactly how i want it. But its functional and usable.

7 Likes

Thank you for the info. I was planning on starting a herb book for myself. I know it will take awhile even years for me to get used to using and understanding alot. So i figured if i make a herb book with the herb name, info, if its harmful to not only me but my pets. Best was to use in craft, and how to handle it better. Even thought about putting the herb on the page so i can identify it a little easier. Now that im thinking of all of this. This could be my entry on saftey! With the oils i thought about the same way. But i wanted to use them in baths and dressing candles.

8 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome. Nice to meet you as well.

6 Likes

@wendy an herb book is a GREAT idea. I go a bit overboard with my herbs. I not only get the magikal aspects of it, but also the medicinal. So i dont counteract with meds for my clients and pets. I even have a book for pets. Example: your client wants lavender, but that customer has dogs?? Lavender can cause an array of issues for a dog. So knowing this i would suggest Rosemary as its substitute. Bc rosemary offers many of the same benefits as lavender both magikally and medicinally. So its usually a win win.

And making candles and such is an awesome idea. I make my own candles, bath salts, pain away oil blends, teas, salves, among other things

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.