Im new here

Hello everyone,
My name is Wendy Ward. I live in Indiana. I have always been fascinated with witches, herbs, spell casting and crystals, tarot readings, and palm readings. I am brand new to everything. I am learning so much from the disscussions and the classes that are available. I had a chat with my sister tonight about what type of witch she thought she was she said earth, she also said I would be kitchen. And everyone that i know that practices the craft gave me the same answer. I love to cook and the kitchen is my safe place and where i am most comfortable at. If i am having the worst day ever i cna walk into my kitchen and everything melts away. I use herbs all the time in my cooking. And just a few days ago i wanted to make my own Book of shadows and found this wonder community. Im excited and neverous about this new wonder journey i am taking. And i hope to learn alot!

14 Likes

@wendy Hello and welcome. So lovely to meet you. I love the kitchen too, it where all the good stuff happens. You’ll meet lots of fabulous witches here, all types. I’m Tracy from Bristol England, I follow Loki and am learning chaos magic, I love the runes, oracle and I do love plants but am no expert on herbs and palm reading is something I’ve always wanted to learn. There’s so much to learn here on the app and with the coven. Everyone is warm and friendly. Have a lovely day. Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Merry meet @wendy,

Welcome to the forum! I’m Bry, one of the moderators here and an Eclectic Witch who shares your love for Kitchen Witchery- there’s a lot of magick to be found in the kitchen! :bowl_with_spoon: :herb::blush:

I absolutely love your passion! When it comes to magickal studies, I’m happy to say that you’ve found a really great place to learn :books: :grinning:

Here are a few articles, courses, and other resources that I think you might enjoy- feel free to check out any that interest you!

Please make yourself at home here!

Hope to chat with you more soon- Blessed be, Wendy! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Welcome, @wendy! You’ll find the forum to be a safe and welcoming place where you’ll learn a lot and meet some wonderful witches. Remember that everything here is based on each individual’s personal experiences, and while not everything may apply to you, it will help you to question and develop your own magickal personality. Blessed be!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @wendy :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

It’s interesting that everyone had the same answer about what type of witch you’d be - that sounds like everyone knows you perfectly well. We’ve got a wonderful community here - I’m sure you’ll make many friends, learn a lot, and share with us along the way!

Feel free to hop right in and make yourself at home!

6 Likes

Hi @wendy! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It’s great to have you here! Just wait until you see the BOS inserts for everything, they are gorgeous! And I post different recipes for the season, or I try to, every Sunday. You can share the recipes that you feel comfortable sharing too!

If you have any questions, just ask and someone will pop up and help you. I look forward to getting to know you!

7 Likes

Nice to meet you!

8 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @wendy

I’m so glad you have joined us, Wendy, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. There is a lot of great information here, so if you need any guidance, or have any questions, let us know. We are here for you, Wendy, welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

8 Likes

@marsha Thank you i will reach out if i have any questions. Or see if anyone can help me.

8 Likes

@Amethyst I cannot wait to look at your recipes. I am always looking for new ones to put my little magical touch on them to help calm my house hold, or to lift our spirits up! Looking forward to getting to know you also.

8 Likes

Thank you @MeganB for the warm welcome. I have been spending my firat few days teying to navigste around, and taking the classes. I love to learn, and these classes are helping me out so much. Yes, my family snd friends know me well. I would be in my kitchen all day cooking, looking up recipes, or finding new ways to cleanse my home. I love it here. It does feel like home!

8 Likes

Thank you for the informarion @BryWisteria. I just got some new herbs in the other day and was wanting to find a little more about them and how i can use them.

8 Likes

Everyone has been very kind and welcoming @tracyS. I hope i can learn more about palm reading. I have always been fascinated by it. I have been reading up on tarot csrds for a few days now, and did my first reading for myself.

8 Likes

Welcome :wave: I know I’m a little late, but as it has been this… year… the rollercoaster :roller_coaster: continues :rofl: I’m Susurrus, another moderator here at Spells8.

I look forward to learning with you :hugs: One thing I like to do in my kitchen is make simmer pots!

Seasonal Simmer Pot

Spring/Summer Simmer Pot

Simmer pots

My Weekend Simmer Pot

:herb: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Green & Herbal Magick

These are easy & wonderful & magical :sparkles: All at the same time! :hugs:

6 Likes

@wendy Hi I’m Christeena, and I’m 43, a mother of 2 adult sons. One is a paramedic/firefighter, and the other is a Marine. I was a 911 dispatcher supervisor until my doctor advised i would have to retire to my illness. So now I’m here, and per my wonderful friends here, I’m the Mistress of Herbs. I live in a very very small town in Central North Carolina with my hubby of 21 yrs, our 2 dogs and 3 cats. I was raised Pentecostal and was always told that my gifts were evil, so they were suppressed til just a few yrs ago when i finally accepted all of myself. It has been an amazing journey with alot of bumps along the way. But it’s all worth it bc for the 1st time in 43 yrs i feel whole.

I have a HUGE affinity for herbs. I’m certified as a Holistic and Natural Healer. I commune with spirits, and my guides. I’m a daughter of Hekate, The Morrigan, and Thor. I will help anyone, usually to my own detriment. But I’m still just gonna do me. If you ask me a question please be prepared for an honest answer. Sometimes brutally honest, as I am blunt. I don’t sugar coat things. Here you will find so many like minded brothers and sisters who will welcome and accept all of you with open arms without condescension. If you have questions all you have to do is ask. We are all here to help each other. You will find people from all walks of life and paths.

6 Likes

I’ve been posting bread recipes for the holiday. I hope you’ll like it today.

6 Likes

This is a wonderful idea. I will have to look into this more! Thank you

7 Likes

I feel right at home here. I cant wait to lewrn more from each of you

7 Likes

That’s awesome! May I ask what type of herbs you gave a new home? :herb: :blush:

I hope they are adjusting well and that they will thrive for you- so mote it be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

@wendy we are always here for u. All u gotta do is reach out to one or all of us and we willbe happy to help u. Just ask.

6 Likes