Seasonal Simmer Pot

Merry meet!

I’ve been absolutely mad about cinnamon for the past week or so and have been drawn to using it in all kinds of things. In addition to last week’s group ritual and the new year’s cinnamon ritual, I also threw some into a simmer pot :fondue:

The smell was heavenly- although WARNING!

With smells like this floating through the house, you’re likely to get cravings for baked goods (I know I did!) :joy:

Ingredients

• :tangerine: Citrus- I used mandarin oranges that had gotten rather old, but oranges, lemons, grapefruit, limes or other citrus would work. Citrus is uplifting, refreshing, and brightening when used magically.

• :brown_heart: Cinnamon - Cinnamon is used magically to bring prosperity and good luck into your space. Medicinally, it’s anti-viral and promotes healing. It also smells divine and is an easy and relatively inexpensive ingredient to use.

• :star2: Star Anise - These cute little star-shaped seed pods are often used in holiday cooking. Magickally, they ward off evil and promote healing, as well as give psyhic abilities a boost. You only need a little though, the smell is great but tends to be overpowering for those with a sensitive nose.

• :salt: Salt - I don’t think it would be a magickal recipe of mine if it didn’t have some salt in it- I love salt in spellwork! It’s purifying, cleansing, and healing all in one. I used an herbal salt blend as an extra boost, but any natural salt will work fine as a magickal contributor in this spell.

I crushed the cinnamon stick, star anise, and salt in the mortar and pestle, mixed them up while imagining their properties combining in a positive way, and put everything into the pot.

Then I topped it with fresh, cold water and put it on the fireplace to simmer away!

Simmer pots are easy to make, can be used with a wide variety of ingredients, and really do smell amazing. Not to mention they fill the house with the magickal benefits of the ingredients you used and intention you set!

For anyone who is thinking about trying a simmer pot, I warmly encourage you to give it a try. It’s fun and easy to make! :blush:

Looking for other simmer pot recipes? Here are a few more:

Blessed Be! :sparkles:

15 Likes

Such a good idea! I use wax melts myself and the pumpkin spice ones always make me hungry! But a simmer pop would be lovely! Thanks for sharing!

7 Likes

Ooo… Thank you for sharing a new simmer pot recipe @BryWisteria! I love :heart: it! I do need to make one up soon… I miss having one going on my stove top… need to find some lemon though… I try to use orange :tangerine: and/or lemon :lemon: in mine a lot.

• Side Note: Cinnamon smells do the same thing to me… I’m like… ooo apple cinnamon muffins, cinnamon rolls… the list goes on really :rofl:

@Amethyst I have wax melts too! Sometimes those smells are amazing… my favorite was Iced Snowberries from PartyLite… I think they discontinued them though. I haven’t used them in a while since I started using my diffusers & simmer pots… but I try to start in October through usually January.

7 Likes

I just got some lemon and basil wax melts yesterday and it was so nice! Going to try mahogany and sandalwood today I think!

7 Likes

Ya know, I should have made some simmer pots when it was super cold here :laughing: now it’s back in the 70s and 80s (Farenheit) and too warm for me to make them, I think. Using the stove when it’s warm just makes the rest of the house warm, too.

5 Likes

@Amethyst Thanks, Amethyst! :heart: And helloooo pumpkin spice wax melts- I bet they smell divine! :jack_o_lantern: :two_hearts: :blush:

@Susurrus Hahah thank you, Siofra- I guessed you might like this one, I know you’re a simmer pot master! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And yes, cheers to the simmer-pot-snackings, the smell gives me really strong cravings for sweets :joy:

@MeganB Simmer pots are definitely wintery mixtures here too- I guess for months when it’s too hot to leave the stove on or have a fire, there’s always incense (which I guess could be made with some of the same spices and ingredients!), wax melts, and aromatherapy! :grinning: :sparkles:

4 Likes

@BryWisteria with the very… eclectic weather Mother Nature has thrown upon us the last few weeks, today seems like a good day for a simmer pot. It’s raw & like a misty, drizzly rain here today. I do have a diffuser in the living room, but it has been a while since I’ve gotten to make a simmer pot, so I think later today when people start on their way home, I will make one up for the late afternoon/early evening :hugs:

4 Likes

They have banana bread pumpkin spice. YUM!

4 Likes

Hahaha I love this- Mother Nature is very eclectic indeed! :joy::+1: Looks like today might be another good cold and dreary day for a simmer pot :fondue: :sparkles:

If you decide to give it a go, wishing you good luck with your simmer pot! Have fun! :blush:

Talk about smells that give you cravings! :heart: I think when they sell wax melts with such delicious combos, they ought to include something (coffee or tea bag? recipe maybe?) so you can eat what you are smelling! :joy::+1:

4 Likes

I have that same feeling here… we have that drizzly, misty rain here & it’s cold & raw. Simmer pot here we come! :hugs:

4 Likes

Enjoy! :heart::blush:

5 Likes