Im new here

@marsha Thank you i will reach out if i have any questions. Or see if anyone can help me.

8 Likes

@Amethyst I cannot wait to look at your recipes. I am always looking for new ones to put my little magical touch on them to help calm my house hold, or to lift our spirits up! Looking forward to getting to know you also.

8 Likes

Thank you @MeganB for the warm welcome. I have been spending my firat few days teying to navigste around, and taking the classes. I love to learn, and these classes are helping me out so much. Yes, my family snd friends know me well. I would be in my kitchen all day cooking, looking up recipes, or finding new ways to cleanse my home. I love it here. It does feel like home!

8 Likes

Thank you for the informarion @BryWisteria. I just got some new herbs in the other day and was wanting to find a little more about them and how i can use them.

8 Likes

Everyone has been very kind and welcoming @tracyS. I hope i can learn more about palm reading. I have always been fascinated by it. I have been reading up on tarot csrds for a few days now, and did my first reading for myself.

8 Likes

Welcome :wave: I know I’m a little late, but as it has been this… year… the rollercoaster :roller_coaster: continues :rofl: I’m Susurrus, another moderator here at Spells8.

I look forward to learning with you :hugs: One thing I like to do in my kitchen is make simmer pots!

→ Seasonal Simmer Pot

→ Spring/Summer Simmer Pot

→ Simmer pots

→ My Weekend Simmer Pot

→ :herb: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Green & Herbal Magick

These are easy & wonderful & magical :sparkles: All at the same time! :hugs:

6 Likes

@wendy Hi I’m Christeena, and I’m 43, a mother of 2 adult sons. One is a paramedic/firefighter, and the other is a Marine. I was a 911 dispatcher supervisor until my doctor advised i would have to retire to my illness. So now I’m here, and per my wonderful friends here, I’m the Mistress of Herbs. I live in a very very small town in Central North Carolina with my hubby of 21 yrs, our 2 dogs and 3 cats. I was raised Pentecostal and was always told that my gifts were evil, so they were suppressed til just a few yrs ago when i finally accepted all of myself. It has been an amazing journey with alot of bumps along the way. But it’s all worth it bc for the 1st time in 43 yrs i feel whole.

I have a HUGE affinity for herbs. I’m certified as a Holistic and Natural Healer. I commune with spirits, and my guides. I’m a daughter of Hekate, The Morrigan, and Thor. I will help anyone, usually to my own detriment. But I’m still just gonna do me. If you ask me a question please be prepared for an honest answer. Sometimes brutally honest, as I am blunt. I don’t sugar coat things. Here you will find so many like minded brothers and sisters who will welcome and accept all of you with open arms without condescension. If you have questions all you have to do is ask. We are all here to help each other. You will find people from all walks of life and paths.

6 Likes

I’ve been posting bread recipes for the holiday. I hope you’ll like it today.

6 Likes

This is a wonderful idea. I will have to look into this more! Thank you

7 Likes

I feel right at home here. I cant wait to lewrn more from each of you

7 Likes

That’s awesome! May I ask what type of herbs you gave a new home? :herb: :blush:

I hope they are adjusting well and that they will thrive for you- so mote it be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

@wendy we are always here for u. All u gotta do is reach out to one or all of us and we willbe happy to help u. Just ask.

6 Likes

Wendy,
It’s lovely to meet you, my name is Bryce and welcome to the community. I’ve been an on again and off again practitioner, recently have stuck with the craft. I always find myself coming back to it, and my fathers side were Roma (gypsy). Wasn’t sure if that was slang, wanted to be pc about it. I believe it’s something that’s just in my blood. Welcome aboard, and blessed be! :relieved:

6 Likes

I had to buy everything that i needed to start myself off, so i bought 2 different kits. One of them had 20 herbs in them. A couple of the herbs are sage, lavender, carnation, forget me not, fig and red rose petals. I ended up getting glass jars and they came with tags so i put the name of the herb on the front and then what they could be used for on the back.

7 Likes

It sounds like you have an abundance of wonderful herbs to work with- that’s awesome, Wendy! I like the idea of storing them in the glass jars with the labels too. It will help keep them fresh and I bet all of the jars look really nice on display :jar: :blush: :sparkles:

Good luck and happy herbal work! :green_heart::herb:

5 Likes

@wendy kits are awesome. It great to get started with them, learn all u can about each herb, then onto the next. Thats how i started out, and now i have 169 herbs. Just takes time and patience. I keep mine in jars too.

7 Likes

Thank you. I am trying to be organized and learn as much as i can. Love that fall and winter are coming and that is when i do most of my reading and experimenting.

6 Likes

I love your set up @Mistress_Of_Herbs! I only have a few for now but plan on getting a bunch more as time goes by. I have been looking online for some herbology books and anything else that can help me learn about herbs and how to use them in my craft. I have a book shelf that i have some of my supplies on for now. I also have a question. I do most of my spells with my cooking. I’m leaning more towards being a kitchen witch. I was wondering if i am able to use my dried herbs in my meals? I also need to read up on using essential oils. Just found out some oils can be harmful to people if they handle it to much.

6 Likes

I’m with you! Fall and Winter are great for snuggling up cozy inside and working through books or YouTube videos. It’s definitely a prime time of year for magickal studies! :books: :blush: :sparkles:

Blessed be!

6 Likes

@wendy yes hon u can use dried and fresh herbs in your cooking. As for essential oils, they are processed herbs. Many shouldnt be consumed, but yes some can be eaten. Now as for handling too much, that can be true for the actual herb and essential oils. Also no just being harmful to people, they can also be extremely toxic for any pets u may have. When u get an herb or EO, research will be your best friend. Read up on its benefits, sode effects, as well as any countering with meds or diet.

Always remember ANY herb can heal, but they can also harm.

Also thank u so much for the compliment about my set up. Its taken yrs to get it the way i want. And i still find that its not exactly how i want it. But its functional and usable.

7 Likes