2 cups milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
4 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch pie plate.

Combine the milk, sugar, baking mix, butter, eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice in a blender. Cover and process on high speed for 15 seconds until smooth.

Pour the lemon filling into the prepared pie plate. Place in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until set in the middle and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before slicing. Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator. Can be served warm or chilled.

Recipe courtesy of CDKitchen.com

8 Likes

Lemon pie brings back memories from my childhood before I had problems with gluten. Thank you Amethyst :hugs:

Image from CDKitchen.com

I wonder how this would be with a gluten-free baking mix? :thinking:

7 Likes

This looks P,F,C Pretty fucking cool ! I absolutely love lemon!!
Jeannie

7 Likes

I imagine it would taste pretty good! Doesn’t Bisquick have a gluten-free version?

5 Likes

Yes, they do @MeganB!
I’ve already added it to my shopping list :smiling_face:

4 Likes

You’re welcome, and thank you for adding the picture! I don’t see why it wouldn’t work with a gluten-free mix. They’re basically the same thing, aren’t they?

Hee! Thanks, @Jeannie1! You’re PFC yourself!

4 Likes

Nice!! :blush: I hope it tastes good - you’ll have to let us know how it is!

3 Likes

“Impossible” Lemon Pie is a fun name- somehow it makes me think of the Princess Bride

giphy
Gif from Giphy

:joy::lemon:

Thanks for another tasty recipe, Amethyst! With the summer solstice coming up, one can never have too many lemon recipes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :yellow_heart: :sun:

3 Likes

I have a nice peachy gluten-free recipe for next Sunday. A sorbet. It looks like little peach suns in a bowl.

Glad you liked this one, Bry!

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing that one @Amethyst!

I think that since Lemons :lemon: are yellow like the Sun :thinking: maybe I will make the Impossible Lemon Pie for the Solstice :sun_with_face: :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

You have my attention- that sounds beautiful! :grinning: :peach: :sun:

I always love seeing the recipes you share- you have a knack for finding the best and most interesting ones, Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Lots of love! :heart:

2 Likes

I think that’s a good idea! I might add it to my list for the Solstice, too!

2 Likes

And I bet you could do it with just about any fruit. It looks really easy!

Aww, thank you! I’m already collecting bread recipes for Lughnasahd.

Love you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@marsha, @MeganB you all will have to let us know how this turned out with it being gluten-free. I’m interested in hearing if that worked.

3 Likes

I’ll see what I can do! I won’t make mine gluten-free, though. I just have to find a Bisquick substitute or something that makes my own because I don’t have any right now :laughing:

3 Likes

Good luck with it anyhoo!

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Hooray for special recipes for Bread Sabbat! :partying_face: :bread: Can’t wait to see what you find! :grinning:

Love you too! :hugs::heart::sparkles:

3 Likes

I’ve got a copycat of Olive Garden’s Breadstick for one. It looks good!

3 Likes

I don’t find myself at Olive Garden very often, but when I’m there I eat those breadsticks like a paper shredder- they just keep going in :joy: :baguette_bread:

Looking forward to the recipe- Bread Sabbat can’t come fast enough haha! :heart: :grin:

3 Likes

See, I’ve never eaten at Olive Garden but I’ve heard that the bread sticks are wonderful. So I’m glad you’re looking forward to them!

3 Likes