Infinite Roots Tattoo

I love the idea.

Huge ink fan myself. I usually meet up with my best friend who lives some distance away at the Great British Tattoo Show in London each May. That obviously didn’t happen last year due to the pandemic, but has been rescheduled for later this year so I have my fingers crossed. I did get to see her though in October between lockdowns to act as witness at her wedding.

But I digress… It’s been over a year since my last tattoo which was a memorial tattoo for late Chihuahua x

I usually get a piece of flash at the tattoo show, something that speaks to me and it was motorbike related last time.

Hoping I stumble across something suitably witchy this year.

11 Likes

They are beautiful :slight_smile: I actually only have 2 very small tattoos and none have a lot of meaning behind them. One is a heart with a vine through it on my stomach I got when I was 15 (I know I know) and the other? Well, and I can’t believe I’m away to say this cause it’s really only my sister and 2 of my friends that even know I have it, is a camel on my right big toe :confused: I was really young and it was my sisters first tattoo and she was nervous so I went first and my sister said to me to get that as a joke so I did :confused: It’s quite faded now thankfully but I still cringe when I see it lol! If the Coven tattoo is the first tattoo i get that has a deeper meaning then it was worth the wait <3

9 Likes

I can say nothing, I got my first tattoo when I was 16, a tiny rose on my shoulder. My mum thought she was a cool mum and took me to get it thinking it would get me over wanting more. Well that didn’t happen and now I have lots!

11 Likes

My friends has both arms, both legs and all down her back done and I love them :slight_smile: It has always been funds with me and living somewhere there aren’t a lot of decent tattooists, you have to travel to get a good job done. But the kids are older now so I could splash for this one <3

9 Likes

Needs some more color but it’s something! I loved the idea of the cauldron! :crystal_ball:

14 Likes

I love the idea of getting an Infinite Roots tattoo, @AliceInWonderdab! :heart_eyes:

There’s actually another thread with some brainstorming going on called Three Cheers for Our Infinite Roots Coven. A few coven members with a talent for art have shared their designs for possible Infinite Roots logos/symbols :art:

As you consider possible designs for your tattoo, feel free to pop over there to find some inspiration! :sparkles:

I love your tattoos, @IrisW! :heart:

And oohhh- the cauldron design is a great idea, @Francisco! :star_struck:

7 Likes

I love your idea for a tattoo!!

6 Likes

I’ve shared my tattoos so many times here my neck hurts lol bc I have some on my neck. But I’ll take pics later after I wake up.

7 Likes

I love tattoos, 85% of my neck to tailbone is done & I wouldn’t mind filling the space with something for the coven intertwined with what is already there. I can’t wait to see what happens, I am not an artist of the drawing kind but I can see the idea & I love it. @Francisco I think did a great job with the drawing of what has been thought of too!

5 Likes

Oh this is such an amazing idea!!! Yes yes yes!

5 Likes

Yes this is exactly what I’m seeing

5 Likes

I have 9 larger ones and about 13 smaller ones :raised_hands:t2:

5 Likes

I like this very much. How about the roots pushing or holding up the cauldron and in the steam, the infinity symbol. On the cauldron the letters, “I.R.C”? (Infinity.Roots.Coven.)

5 Likes

Yes that is EXACTLY what I see and the lettering on the cauldron just cemented it. Omg you’re a visionary this is perfect

5 Likes

Could use a bit more work. I actually designe my own tattoos

Heres one im getting on the back of one of shoulders. I freehand all my drawings.

6 Likes

I really like that Nikita! The Triquetra is an important symbol in my personal practice, so I doubly love that you’ve created it! Can I ask, though, is there any significance to it being upside down? Or is it just to be on the bottom of the rose? I’m intrigued :rose: :triquetra: :thinking:

4 Likes

That kinda reminds me of the Viking God helmet

5 Likes

Lol it was only placed like that too fit the bottom of the rose no actually symbolic meanings. My idea was to have the rose growing out if it.

4 Likes

Ahh okay, that makes sense lol I was just curious :blush:

3 Likes

Gorgeous design and line art!! @Nikita-mikaelson I admire your skill! Is it pencil?

4 Likes