Intention IS Everything! But, Is It?

I’ve been seeing this word “intention” being thrown around a lot lately.

“All you need is intention.”

I don’t know when this thinking started, but I completely disagree! I had written an article about it awhile ago and thought I’d turn it into a “podcast” type of thing.

I think it’s an interesting topic and love to learn about others point of view on it.

21 Likes

Well, you’ve opened my mind about these topics!!! Thanks for speaking your OPINION!!
I won’t lie, I’ve said before that all you need is intention. But now my eyes are peeled and I’m in observation mode now. Thank you @SilverBear this was very interesting!

10 Likes

Hey, I’m not going to lie either - I use to think intention was 90% of the deal, but then I spoke to an Elder witch one day – she practiced for like 50 years… and she just about had a cow on me when I spoke those words. LOL

She said - would you make a cake without flour?? Would you substitute sugar for oil?! Well, no…lol…

Then she started to mention all the metaphysical properties of items etc…etc…it really got me thinking and traveling down another path.

So, of course now I also like to compare witchcraft to recipes - I believe you can create wonderful meals by following recipes for said meals…however, is you miss an ingredient or substitute something, while the meal may still be good, it won’t be as good as it could of been. Does that make sense?

10 Likes

So basically…LOL What I am trying to say is…yes, if you are focused enough intention MAY BE all you need, BUT – I do not feel that way. I suffer from GAD and Panic Disorder - so when I incorporate all the tools into my practice it helps raise my vibe and keeps me more focused so that I am success at my practice. I hope I am making sense. It totally makes sense in my own head lol.

8 Likes

Thank you for this video. I think it’s a great start to an important conversation.

Knowledge is power. When I was a :latin_cross: Christian I would get frustrated with my peers because they wouldn’t read their :books: bibles, regularly attend :church: church, be active in the church and community, study :nerd_face: the forefathers of the faith, or engage in active and public :man_teacher: witnessing of the faith.

When I started to leave my Christian roots behind I would get :persevere: upset that these same peers would hold on to their beliefs with such :man_with_probing_cane: blind devotion. I started learning the history of beliefs about :fog: heaven, :imp: :fire: :hot_face: hell, God, Satan, and even the formation of the bible.

Why don’t people care about truth? (Any truth. It doesn’t have to be from the :star_of_david: :latin_cross: :star_and_crescent: Abrahamic traditions.) What’s the point in saying one believes in something if they don’t even understand the basics of that thing? It’s why I smile :smirk: when people say they know everything there is about a religious topic and they’re an authority on the matter. Really? :thinking: Interesting.

That leads into your :vhs: video. As I said above, knowledge is power. Without :brain: knowledge one is :probing_cane: blind in a dark room full of pits and bound to :face_with_head_bandage: hurt themselves or others.

All that said, I use black :black_circle: :candle: candles (I use :rainbow: colors when someone asks me for candle :sparkles: magic for themselves.) for everything in my practice, I do intuitive :flower_playing_cards: tarot readings, I collect “crystals” because they’re pretty, and I have a very loose conception of The Divine.

I’m learning the concept of :broom: witchcraft in the west contains more of the same: appropriation and colonialism. :worried: So I keep digging for what’s real, what’s true. I continue to learn and share everything I can but I try to keep my new beliefs anchored to the physical plane.

All I have to cling to is the reality there is something more than us and that something doesn’t 🤷 care about our myths and :bowing_man: religions; it :hugs: cares about our intentions.

10 Likes

I’ve tried to have this conversation SO many times and all I am met with is people getting angry. SIGH.
I just want to learn about others views on the topic…just to get different perspectives. I mean that IS how we learn…watching, listening and being open to see all the things! Thanks for your input! Appreciated! :hugs:

7 Likes

I get that. People get defensive about their beliefs. I’m truly :pray: thankful for you starting such a thoughtful conversation.

7 Likes

I got confused about it all because I thought that candles, oils, herbs, etc just added the corresponding energies that made the spell stronger. But it’s called a recipe for a reason!!!

7 Likes

I suffer from those too and it does help by raising your vibration!!! I love it and never want to leave that state! Meditation helps too and adding candles , oils or incense helps too!!! I feel ya vibes!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts:

7 Likes

I don’t know if all see witchcraft rituals that way - but it’s why I keep a book of shadows – to keep my recipes (rituals) in order…so I know what to do/add etc. I really do view all the things I do as recipes. BUT…lolol always a but with me… I am also a “list” girl…everything I do I need a list for…so when I’m done I check it off. I think I apply that same way of thinking in my practice. Maybe I am a bit touched with OCD too! Ha.

6 Likes

Yes!! This is how I feel as well!!!

8 Likes

@SilverBear
Yes, you can make a cake without flour, a chocolate one that is heaven on a plate.
It’s so delightful that even angels are delighted by it!:face_with_hand_over_mouth::rofl::joy:
Will check this video later, it’s a word I don’t remember used before.
Thanks

7 Likes

It’s absolutely how we learn but most are closed minded! That’s how arguments start. But we’re all adults here. When are others going to mature already???!!! :rofl:

8 Likes

I need this. LOL

Ha… I love to have fun and be goofy - but there is a time and place for some seriousness too! I LOVE having this conversation with people who aren’t calling me names lol.

7 Likes

@christina4

Even when we are dying we learn something, never too late…!

6 Likes

Yup you got that right!!

6 Likes

@christina4
@SilverBear
My lovely “Satan” has arrived with a tempting huge choux bun filled with custard and dressed with chocolate an sugar.
I’ve succumbed to the temptation and am a sinner🤭
I bet that if “I set my intention” I could make a tastier one…SORRY, I couldn’t resist, forgive me all😬
I have failed in my attempt to keep my glucose levels in check.
But was heavenly while eating it.
The snake must be chuffed!
Now I am pleading to be forgiven for this bun…God, I am a terrible pleader​:joy::rofl:
Here is the proof!

There’s another box in the fridge, WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS?
Have you seen this Almodovar’s film?:japanese_goblin:

6 Likes

Exactly. That is why I paid to be here. I came from nothing many of us have. I hope to from my time here I will learn the important things. Making intention into reality. If I could apprentice I certainly would. This is as close as I found and I was glad to have found it.

8 Likes

@SilverBear
Yes, I’ve listened to the whole clip.
Yes, I did not get upset.
I have been enlightened by your wisdom.
There’s s line in SPARTACUS: Shut up, adults are talking!
I know I will never level up with you, but I hope listening to you will make me a better human being in an attempt to become a fair witch one day.
Thanks💖

6 Likes

Thank you for the video. I always try to be open minded and understand why someone has a certain viewpoint. My views on the topic, however, are more in line with @praecog29 and @christina4.

We humans are incomprehensibly small compared to the size of the known universe (the universe expands approximately 200,000 miles every 2 seconds and there are 100 billion galaxies and more). That’s why I feel the Universe only cares about our intentions during spell work.

When it comes to spells, I write my own nowadays. Before, I would use the spells on this site. I followed some of them perfectly, others I have had to alter because of my situation and what I have access to (i.e., I’m in an apartment and can’t burn incense or burn things in a cauldron without setting off the fire alarm :sweat_smile::face_with_hand_over_mouth:). But I feel that these spells (where I’ve had to add my own flare) were just as successful as the ones I have followed to a T. And I feel that a big part of that is I declared, “with this spell, I will manifest…”
Whether you want your spells to be simple or elaborate, add your own flare or go exactly by the book is entirely up to you. Whatever helps you manifest your goals is the right way.

8 Likes