Interesting Video of Solar Flares

While astrology has never fully stuck in my brain, astronomy and the study of space have always interested me. This morning, I got a little notification in my desktop search bar with a cool video of a timelapse solar flare!

Now, since I’m trying to slowly study astrology, as well as the way solar flares and the Schumann Resonance, and how everything is connected, this was interesting to me. I thought it would interest you, too!

The video itself of the solar flare is actually from December 14, 2022 – not sure why I’m getting super old notifications, Microsoft, but whatever. But anyway, it led me down a rabbit hole of other information and websites. Honestly, there’s one called HelioViewer that lets you view the sun in so many different ways!

This picture is a screenshot I took of HelioViewer this morning - the most recent image of the Sun :exploding_head:

Now, I don’t know much about the Schumann Resonance or if/how solar flares are connected, but I wanted to see if there was a connection between the solar flare in December and the measurements of the Schumann Resonance on the same day. Here’s my comparison.

The area I highlighted on the graph marks the rough beginning of the solar flare. Then, over the next several days, the graph’s data goes way high, then back down. Again, I’m not sure how connected this is because we see a peak in the graph data again around December 26th. However, I did a bit more digging and found that on December 26th, there was a large eruption on the sun (video here) that may or may not have caused that peak.

Anyway :joy: just something fun I noticed and was doing this morning that I wanted to share! I’m hoping to do more research on the Schumann Resonance and how it’s all connected.

Oh, and thanks to @marsha for first educating me on the Schumann Resonance! :heart:

4K Timelampse of Sunspot Crackling with Strong M-Flares

8 Likes

This made me laugh- sometimes I’ll see news article pop up on the side of the dashboard and go what!? only to see the date and realize it’s from quite a while ago :joy: As if we don’t have enough crazy things going on right now to fill the headlines every day :sweat_smile:

It is interesting! I don’t know too much about solar flares myself, but every now and then someone will mention them and the possible effects they have. Always grateful to read more about it. Thanks for sharing, Megan! :sun_with_face: :sparkles:

5 Likes

Right?! And the headlines aren’t even accurate half the time. I saw another one this morning. It said “New NASA Images Reveal Life In Another Galaxy”, so obviously I clicked on it :joy: but then here’s what the article says!

Deep within the distant reaches of the gassy Orion Nebula, scientists claim to have located a carbon-based molecule that has never been detected in outer space and serves as one of the building blocks for life on Earth. While there’s currently no way to know for sure if the distant system supports life of its own, this discovery brings scientists another major step closer to finding out.

New NASA Images Reveal Life In Another Galaxy (msn.com)

So like…yeah, different subject entirely, but the headline is misleading :sweat_smile:

I’m glad you liked it! I have a feeling I could fill an entire notebook (or four) with information about this stuff!

5 Likes

Hi @MeganB

I think that Solar Flares/CMEs do affect the Heart Beat of the Earth (Schumann Resonance). Radiation arrives in only a few minutes, but it takes a day or two for the CMEs to actually reach the Earth. So your chart above looks accurate to me!

So, my reasoning is this…
If a sunspot erupts in the direction of the Earth, it can directly affect the ionosphere and radio communications here on Earth!

And, my question is…
Wouldn’t it make sense that it also affects life on Earth?

In my own experience, if the Schumann Resonance is high enough, I know because I have a headache.

Is a solar flare the same thing as a CME?

Here is a great infographic that helps to understand the difference between CMEs and Solar Flares!

Image via NASA.

There’s one more thing I want to share with you @Meganb - Suspicious 0bservers
These are interesting videos by Ben Davidson, a Scientist who is researching CME’s effect on volcano activity!

5 Likes

Oh wow, thanks for the information, @marsha – and the validation that my thinking was correct! I’m no astrophysicist, of course, but it just made sense that it would affect Earth in that way.

I’ll have to subscribe to that YouTube channel you shared, too. It sounds interesting! Thank you! :heart:

5 Likes

That’s not nice of them! Sounds like quintessential clickbait to me :sweat_smile:

Hahaha tha’ts awesome! It’s a really fun feeling when you get so into a new subject and it’s so exciting that you just want to fill up notebooks with your research and thoughts on it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I say go wild, Megan! Keep on having a blast (:wink::sun:) with your studies :heart: :books: :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you! I definitely will! And with the YouTube channel that Marsha shared, I have even more to learn!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.