Introduction from Newbie in Maine

Hello my name is Raquel and I am super excited to be apart of this coven and website. I am pretty new to the wiccan religion and I am so thankful to have found it. I am taking classes through a group and we are celebrating Ostara this week (Exciting). Its my first Sabbat so I’m ecstatic. So a little about me I am from a small town called Old Town in the state of Maine and we just bought our first house here. I am happily married and we have 4 kids (ages 14, 12, 11, and 4). I absolutely love animals so we have a dog, 3 kitties, and 2 bunnies (for now). We also bought some land in the country so we plan to build a house and a little farm. I work as a CNA in a little facility taking care of children and young adults with intellectual disabilities. I also have acquired my Crystal Healing certificate and my Reiki Master certificate. I am also in school to finish my Nursing degree as well as Herbalism certificate. My ultimate goal is to become an Alternative Healing Doctorate Degree and open up a practice. I have my own Crystal Healing business where I offer Crystal Healing/ Reiki Healing, Crystals, Macrame, Tapestries, Metaphysical items, and so much more. I plan to add on to this business my Alternative healing practice and I cannot wait. I wish I could just get it all done now but I know it will come together eventually. My husband is obviously my partner in my business, and he is so supportive. I am very thankful for that. We also own a Handy Man business that we will be setting up this summer. I am very blessed. I got into Wicca when my husband brought me to Salem, Mass. Which I was Pentecostal before that, so I was not sure about it at all. It turned out that I absolutely loved it. The stores, the items in the stores, how they treat people, their openness, their alters, herbs, and crystals. I could go on and on but most of all what got me was my reading that my husband had me do. The way it happened and what was said to me changed me and changed my life. I am so grateful for it because I wouldn’t be where I am today had I not gone through it. I absolutely love practicing the Wiccan religion and it is the first religion that I have been extremely compassionate about and consistent with. I hope to learn as much as I can so that I can pass it on to my children. I hope to become the best witch I can possibly be. So, with all that being said I hope to meet great people and get involved and flourish.

10 Likes

Hi, @raquel3, and welcome! I’m so glad you’re here! You and I have a lot in common. I am also a reiki master and I recently became certified as a crystal healer. Since you’re new to the craft, you might be interested in the Courses offered here. I think you’ll enjoy it here as people are so kind, warm, and helpful. :heart:
Blessed Be,
Bright Bear

9 Likes

Welcome @raquel3 ! I am so glad you are here. You will find everyone here extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I look forward to chatting with you.

9 Likes

Merry Meet and Welcome Raquel! @raquel3
I’m Marsha and I live in Colorado. I’m also a Reiki Master and I use crystals for healing. I have studied crystal healing as well, and also have a certification. It’s great to have you here, I’m so glad you joined us. And I’m looking forward to getting to know you better.
:heart:

8 Likes

Welcome Raquel! I’m Christine and I live in Tennessee! We moved down here from Anson, ME. We were just tired of all the snow:) Your hands are very full to be able to do all those things and raise children, whew! Hats off to you girl! But glad you could find the time to be here!

9 Likes

Hi, from a former Assembly of God Pentecostal and Messianic Gentile. I have just recently converted to Paganism. I am in Missouri and there is so much to learn that I will never get bored. Definitely welcome and may your thirst for knowledge never be satisfied :sunglasses::heart::relaxed:

8 Likes

Hi @raquel3! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Sound like you’re going to be busy this year! Four kids and starting a farm, wow! So glad to have you here though, it’s nice to meet new people.

One way get to get to know what’s going on here on the forum is the Merry Meet Monday post. That will let you know all the activities we’ve got going on this week so you can jump right in and play with us! LOL!

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to talking with you more!

7 Likes

Merry Meet @raquel3! I’m Siofra from Cape Cod, I have been to Salem, MA & I agree that is a wonderful place to visit. I am an Eclectic Witch here in the forum, I draw from different aspects. I am taking classes to become a Certified Crystal Healer & Advanced Practitioner. I’m not sure what I’ll go for next after that :thinking:

I love to learn about astrology :astrology_moon: :astrology_earth: , herbs :herb:/flowers :white_flower:, runes, tarot, oracle cards, Celtic :triskele: Paganism & Irish :shamrock: Paganism.

I work with Brighid :fire: & the Morrigan :raven: for deities, both of them are Celtic :triquetra: & from the Tuatha De Danaan tribe… something I found out unexpectedly. The Morrigan is newer to me but has been of great assistance to me since she reached out. Brighid is always there when I need the downtime & also has made an immense difference with my practice.

No matter where you are in your practice or interests as @BrightBear mentioned the courses are a great place to start. I have worked through as many as have come out as I am able. I’m currently working on the runes course on Spells8 & the write-ups in the forum about runes. So that one is taking some time :joy:

If you have any questions or information to share please feel free to do so :smiling_face: Start your own topic or jump in on any open topic. Someone will be with you to point you in the right direction as soon as they can. Everyone here is very helpful & friendly & supportive of your unique path. So no worries. :heart:

I look forward to talking to you soon! :infinite_roots:

7 Likes

Merry meet @raquel3!

I am an Eclectic Witch currently based in Poland, but I grew up in Massachusetts and I share your love for Salem- it is a very magickal place indeed! :grinning: :black_cat:

I hope you’ve been finding everything okay here in the forum and on the main Spells8 site! It sounds like you have some wonderful interests and talents, so if you are looking for anything in particular I highly recommend using the Search Tool- it will get you quickly to relevant posts and discussions :compass:

That is amazing- congrats to you on your healing practice! :raised_hands: Do you happen to have a website or online shop by any chance? If not, no worries- but if you do, I would be happy to add your links to the list of Coven Member Shops :shopping: It’s a list available so that we can support each other and our small businesses :blush: Please let me know if you’d like to be added to the list!

It is a pleasure to meet you, Raquel, and I’m looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Welcome to our big happy group @raquel3 it’s nice to meet you.
You should check out the courses, there is lots of information there.
Oh by the way I’m Debra from British Columbia, Canada. :pentagram: :dizzy:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.