Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week! Mar 14 - 20 🌼

Merry Meet !

Here is your weekly update about exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day events!

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, March 17th - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Group Ritual - Imbolc Time

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If you’d like, there is a scheduled hour-long live Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

:grey_exclamation: Please note that, due to schedule changes of the host, this week’s live Zoom chat will be the last until further notice!

Group meditation rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Moon Phase : Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

This week, the night skies will be blessed with a full moon on Friday, March 18th . The exact time of peak illumination will depend on your location.

Full-Worm-Moon-Ritual-360x240

The full moon of March is called the Full Worm Moon :full_moon:. The worm moon refers to when the worms and other bugs wake up and begin to emerge on the surface after a long winter :worm: Their return is one of the first signs of spring’s renewal and occurs in harmony with the Spring Solstice and Sabbat Ostara :blossom:

Explore a special moon ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full Worm Moon Ritual Page .

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

While each moon has its own unique qualities, every full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at its most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For additional full moon inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

You can find the current moon phase for your location as well as a daily lunar spell on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, March 18th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Sabbat: Pagan Holiday :wheel_of_dharma: ] ]

Get ready to enjoy both a pagan holiday and astronomical Equinox on Sunday, March 20th !

Those in the Northern Hemisphere will enjoy the pagan holiday Ostara :blossom: as well as the Vernal/Spring Equinox :sun_with_face:

How-to-Celebrate-Ostara-Alone-360x240

Here are a few suggestions for how you might celebrate this holiday:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Meanwhile, Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will enjoy the celebration of Mabon :apple: as well as the Autumnal Equinox :sun_with_face:

Mabon-Celebration-Ritual-Solitary-360x240

Here are a few suggestions for how you might celebrate this holiday:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Click on the pictures and links above for more information and ways to celebrate!

And for both holidays, feel free to share your altar decorations, crafting, celebrations and more in March Equinox 2022 :tulip: Coven Celebrations

You can also visit the Wheel of the Year page to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These ongoing activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- join in anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Teas & Infusions :tea:

Teas infusions Tea Magick Challenge Potions

This challenge will close on Tuesday, March 15th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:. A brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Teas & Infusions :tea:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:
:open_book: Spells8 Book Club XV (Feb 18 - Mar 18)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, March 18th .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Your Daily Oracle :angel: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

Visit: March 2022 Oracle/Tarot/Rune Draws to enjoy a daily oracle message or share your own! :sparkles:

Please note that this month’s oracle discussion will close on Thursday, March 31st .

[ [ A Daily Dose of Inspiration :sunrise: ] ]

Positive affirmations and uplifting inspirations can be found in this communal collection!

From quotes to sayings, poetry and more- here is the place to brighten up your day thanks to the words of the coven :infinite_roots:

8be7061338c53d1250fd50324cd10ae33d3a5466

Visit March 2022 Affirmations, Quotes, & Sayings to be inspired by the words of others- or share your own! :blush:

Please be aware that this month’s discussion will close on Thursday, March 31st .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Visit the discussion and Help Tend Brighid’s Flame :fire:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@jennifer93, @rebecca21, @ricky, @misty8, @melissa35, @jennifer94, @amber5, @katherine14, @ashleigh2, @sara19, @shaley, @dasia, @kathy575, @macee, @amelita, @taylore, @carmen4, @lee3, @raedena, @spring2, @selena1, @Magical_Marie, @zina, @KeriRaeBoyle, @sherman, @camille1, @giorgia, @laura33, @karley-ann, @shannon18, @tara13, @julien, @reyna1, @angelic, @keila, @sarah_77, @julia14, @shila, @jessica34, @amanda59, @brianda, @pierre, @hallie, @joshua10, @michelledearest, @jaled, @karolina2, @laith1, @chasey, @carol82, @kristen12, @charlene4, @aaliyah, @marsha1, @michaela2, @ann2, @rachel9, @heather51, @barbara9, @cindy10, @morgan15, @Mysterie, @jennifer95, @StarMoon, @korrine, @sterling, @erica20, @alicia18, @sterling1, @roxanne4, @constance1, @jeffrey3, @fadia, @curtis, @kristen13, @amanda60, @home1, @abbie3, @ashton2, @kristina13, @rebecca22, @jordan6

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share and give the most receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @Debra2- for sharing the most posts over the last week :writing_hand:

• @BrightBear- for giving out the most hearts over the past seven days :heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Note : All those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge . They will not be counted in shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And of course, saying a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Art by Wendy Andrew: Awakening Creativity Goddess

A full moon and a Sabbat this week! :star_struck: Will you be working any moon magick? :full_moon: And what, if any, Sabbat celebrations do you have in store? :tada:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :blossom::sparkles:

18 Likes

Congratulations to Bright Bear and Debra :partying_face: :hearts:

11 Likes

Merry Meet Monday Infinite Roots :infinite_roots:!
Congrats to @debra2 & @BrightBear for spreading the likes and love.
This week, I’m enjoying the new work schedule/position that Tim received last week, he has worked second shift (2pm-11pm) since our kids were little. Making for a very lonely day and evening by myself most of the times. So it’s nice that with us reconnecting and enjoying eachother more now, that he works (8am-6pm) Friday- Monday and off three days. He actually gets home to have dinner with us every day.
Other than that I’m catching up on my reading, researching or learning about Sex Magick and Tantra, and planning our handfasting ceremony. The dress I had purchased wasn’t the color I needed (pale Pink) as it said it was on Amazon so that’s going back today, and hopefully I can find another.
Opinion, thoughts on wearing white??? I’m considering just wearing white, even though societal rules would cast me in a different color, I’m just like F&$# It. Rules really were never my forte… LOL.
Not sure what I’ll plan for Ostara just yet, Making Moon Water and charging my Crystals/Tarot/Oracle/Runes are my plans for the Full Moon, and lighting my Torches out back for Hecate.
Hope the week is full of Bless-ed days and nights for each of you.
Rowan

10 Likes

Thanks, Megan!! :heart: :sparkles:

Thanks, @Rowan! Weighing in on wearing white… I say screw societal rules! It’s your wedding and you have the right to wear anything your heart desires. :heart: :sparkles:

10 Likes

Can’t believe that Ostara is almost here! I didn’t realize how fast this month is flying! I need to get on the ball and start decorating my altar.
Speaking of altars, I’m probably going to have to buy another one soon. I was cleaning mine a few weeks ago and another leg broke off! I glued it back together, but it’s a bit wobbly, now. I hate to have to replace my first altar, (I’ve spent countless hours around it meditating and casting). I do plan to save the wooden slabs though.
Have a blessed week! :waxing_gibbous_moon:

10 Likes

Happy New Week! Congratulations to @Debra2 and @BrightBear and also Welcome to all the new members!

This week I’ll update my altar for Ostara and also use the full moon to charge my crystals, make some new moon water and harness some of that big bold energy for a spell. Looking forward to meeting up with a friend and we’ll visit Gideon’s bakehouse. They’re famous for their half pound cookies (WOWEE!), and my friend thinks that I’ll really dig their mystical/occult aesthetic lol! We’ll see

10 Likes

Yay for @BrightBear and @debra2 and all that you ladies do! You’re awesome!

I’ll be doing my full moon ritual on Saturday morning. I find my magic works better in the morning rather than at night, go figure. Then again the moon will still probably be out because I get up at like five am. I’m more awake then. If I try to stay up late to work magic I feel weird you know? I do better in the mornings.

@Rowan, you wear white all you want to! If someone says something, make them the spectacle of your handfasting by kicking them out!

I think I’m all ready for both the holiday and the Full Moon, we’ll see I guess. LOL! I’ve got some really pretty plastic colored eggs I’m using for decorations that I’ll be using in my Ostara ritual. I didn’t know they made plastic eggs with patterns on them! What fun!

Hope y’all are having a good Monday!

8 Likes

Thank you all for the Shout outs, I am surprised for the most posts. I do appreciate all of you. :hearts: :mage:

I’m looking over all the things going on this week and making my plan, hopefully, I won’t forget anything. :mage: :sparkles: :pentagram:

8 Likes

Congratulations @debra2 and @BrightBear !!!

8 Likes

Congrats to you both :heart:

8 Likes

Congratulations Ladies! @BrightBear & @debra2 you are wonderful in the forum & a joy to have in the coven! :two_hearts: :infinite_roots:

I knew there was a full moon :full_moon: coming when I looked outside at the moon this evening. Weather permitting, I am going to charge my decks & crystals & jewelry & my Moon water thing… not much else, I just physically don’t have the energy. :tired_face:

I have no idea what I am going to do for the Sabbat. I haven’t made it through today yet :rofl:

I only have 2 appointments this week with at least a day between them so I should be able to be in the forum a bit more this week. Here’s hoping anyway! :crossed_fingers:

I definitely had a Monday, I had to go bring my car to my son so he could make it to work & wait for AAA to tow his car back to our house. Potholes are dangerous in this state… anyway. I cleaned out his trunk… then found the spare & jack that comes with the car… so when my husband came home he changed it & had to use mechanic ingenuity to get the car up enough with a rock driveway & it involved other tools. Newer car tires are fun :roll_eyes: But we made it through it! Now I get my car back! Yay! There was much rejoicing! :raised_hands:

So I did my thing around the house & about 2 hours after being home… it hit me… I couldn’t go anywhere. So I couldn’t do things like… pick up dinner, but I could walk to the mailbox & do stuff around the outside of the house! So I reapplied the Crisco with red pepper flakes to my shepherd’s hook with the bird feeders. One persistent squirrel he is, that’s for sure. :thinking:

I think that’s about it, for now. I am having surgery on April 1st to remove the ganglion cyst on my wrist. But it’s a day thing & I won’t be splinted or anything & it will be gone! Afterward, I have a 20% chance of it returning. I’ll take it! :smiling_face:

That’s about it for me, just going through my days & kind of seeing what comes my way. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

@Rowan I’m with everyone else, Rown- this is your wedding and you get to choose every element. It is a celebration of you and your love, so don’t be scared to make it your own! :tada::heart: Wishing you all the best with your Ostara and Full Moon plans, enjoy and have a blessed week! :sparkles:

@Kasandra Oh no, so sorry to hear about your altar! The cycle of life and death comes for us all (even our altars!)- saving the wood to give it a new life on your new altar seems like a lovely thing to do :heart: Wishing the same to you- good luck with your Ostara prep work and have a blessed week, Kasandra!

@Robin77 You have some lovely plans in store for the holiday and the full moon, Robin- very exciting! :full_moon_with_face: And half pound cookies!?!? What!?! I’m on my way :airplane: :sunglasses: :cookie: Hahaha enjoy one for me! Have a fun trick and a blessed week!

@Amethyst Sounds like a lovely ritual in the works, Amethyst- enjoy the full moon magick and have a lovely Ostara too, sounds like you’re all ready! :blush: :egg: Have a very blessed week! :two_hearts:

@Debra2 As always, your shout-outs are well-deserved, Debra! Thank you, and have a blessed week! :heart:

@Susurrus Cheers to that- we saw the moon in the sky yesterday and it’s already so bright! Hard to believe it won’t reach peak fullness until Friday, it’s going to be a beautiful one :full_moon: Wishing you all the best with your appointments and the upcoming surgery- sending lots of love and good thoughts, may everything go well for you, Siofra! :hugs:

10 Likes

Adding in for anyone who wishes to attend, the weekly group ritual discussion is now LIVE! You can check out the details for this week’s group ritual here:

(Group Ritual - Mar 17) :lotus: In Honor of the Goddesses

3-17 In Honor of the Goddesses

9 Likes

Sounds as if your Monday was frazzling, @Susurrus! Glad you got through it okay!

And really, you need to video the squirrels trying to climb that hook with your Crisco/red pepper flakes on it. That’s got to be comedy gold! LOL!

Thanks, hon! Hope your week goes well for you!

7 Likes

Thank you, Amethyst! Same to you- have a good one! :heart::blush:

8 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find the current Merry Meet Monday.