@introduction

Hi! My name is Jessie. I live in Alaska and new to witchcraft. I was raised a Christian but over the years I have been researching and studying all different religions and practices to form my own truth. I am a children’s behavioral health nurse and a veterans and first responders detox nurse. Life recently has taken me on a wild ride and I have taken sometime off of work for some self care and reprioritization. I have 4 children, however my 17 year old daughter was recently killed in a car accident and then 6 months later my 22 year old daughter overdosed and died. My other 2 daughters are 18 and 9.
My husband introduced me to witchcraft and the Wiccan religion. I have found my passion is tarot cards, sigils, herbs and crystals. I made banishing nightmare spell jars for the group of Veterans I was working with and 4 out of 5 of them have not had the paralyzing nightmares that lead them to drugs and alcohol since sleeping with these jars under there bed and a sigil drawn on their pillow.
I am a Leo sun, Capricorn rising and a Taurus moon. I follow astrology and live my life by the planets and their energy and how they interact with each other and their effects on humans. I have found that witchcraft has a lot to do with astrology.
I love learning and evolving my understanding of life!
Thank you for accepting me into your coven, I look forward to learning and sharing my experiences!!

14 Likes

Hi @jessica148 and welcome! I’m from NJ and still fairly new to Wicca but have been working with energy healing since the late 1990’s (Healing Touch and Reiki). I also have an interest in divination and a passion for plants and animals. I started out in nursing before switching to special eduction and have worked closely with those in the behavioral health field as my students struggled with a variety of health issues.
I hope you enjoy your time spent on the forums and with the many lessons and reading material on Spells8. I have found the information extremely helpful and my time on this site is comforting because everyone is encouraging to each other and friendly.
I’m looking forward to learning from you as well!

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum @jessica148 :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve been through and lost so much in such a short amount of time. Please accept my condolences for your losses :people_hugging: :heart:

That’s some very important work you do! :clap: I think it’s amazing that you’ve incorporated your craft into your work by helping others. That’s wonderful - and that everyone was so receptive to it is even better!

I’m sure you’re going to make great friends here. We’re a friendly bunch of people! Feel free to pop in and make yourself at home! :house:

10 Likes

Hi @jessica148 welcome to the forum.:blush: I’m sorry to hear about your children and the way they passed. I know a thing or two about addiction I have an incredible mother who loves me deeply but when the heroin wave came to the suburbs I got caught up and put her through hell. There is nothing like the love and strength of a mother and I can tell you have an incredible strength. You also spend your life saving life’s which is one of the most noble things a person can do. I’m so glad you found your way home to spells 8 there are so many incredible witches from all over the globe to learn from and there love and support is unwavering. I encourage you to check out the weekly witchy challenge this week it’s a catch up so you can do any three of them that you missed. The challenges are a fun way to explore different aspects of the craft and I think you might really enjoy them. With all my love I’m so glad you joined spells 8 sister. :sparkling_heart::heartpulse::hibiscus::cherry_blossom::crystal_ball: :infinite_roots:

9 Likes

Hi I’m Christeena, and I’m 43, a mother of 2 adult sons. One is a paramedic/firefighter, and the other is a Marine. I was a 911 dispatcher supervisor until my doctor advised i would have to retire to my illness. So now im here, and per my wonder friends her, Im the Mistress, of Herbs. I live in a very very small town in Central North Carolina with my hubby of 21 yrs, our 2 dogs and 3 cats. I was raised Pentacostal and was always told that my gifts were evil, so they were suppressed til just a few yrs ago when i finally accepted all of myself. It has been an amazing journey with alot of bumps along the way. But it’s all worth it bc for the 1st time in 43 yrs i feel whole.

I have a HUGE affinity for herbs. I’m certified as a Holistic and Natural Healer. I commune with spirits, and my guides. I’m a daughter of Hekate, The Morrigan, and Thor. I will help anyone, usually to my own detriment. But I’m still just gonna do me. If you ask me a question please be prepared for an honest answer. Sometimes brutally honest, as I am blunt. I don’t sugar coat things. Here you will find so many like minded brothers and sisters who will welcome and accept all of you with open arms without condescension. If you have questions all you have to do is ask. We are all here to help each other. You will find people from all walks of life and paths.

12 Likes

Hello and welcome @jessica148 . So sorry about your 2 beautiful girls you lost, words can never cover the pain. I’m Tracy from England, recently joined here. I am Christian still but not church, I accept all God’s/Goddesses and paths as I feel their all from the Divine anyway. The Morrigan I feel very attached too and Lilith reached out recently (a little nervous about her if I’m honest but am learning), I love the cards and spirit and focus alot on ritual and contacting spirit. My daughter has recently embraced Spells8 too. You’ll be so at home here. Everyone here is gorgeous, and someone will know something about everything, it’s really amazing. I love!!! that your spell jars helped relieve veterans of their nightmares, this is such important work you do. I feel very passionately about our soldiers coming from a military family that goes way back and our soldiers (here in England) don’t always get the mental health support they need, so your work is precious. Look forward to getting to know you better. Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

Hello Jessie,

welcome! My name is Aydelis but you can call me Addy. I am super new as well, literally joined yesterday. Reading your post, I want you to know I am here for you. From what im reading you live your life purposefully and look to only help others. I am very sorry for your loss. But want you to know you don’t have to walk that path alone. Your family and now your new witchy family are here always for you :heart: Forever sending love and positivity your way, you deserve that and so much more.

10 Likes

Hi, @jessica148! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

First of all, I’m sorry for the loss of your two children. That’s terrible. May the Lady hold them in her arms.

Secondly, you must be an awesome witch to settle Vetran’s nightmares! Thank you for helping them.

You are going to make a great addition here, I can feel it. I’m an Aquarius who isn’t much into astrology but I love candle magic and chants. We’re all unique here, making up a wonderful whole!

If you have any questions, just ask and someone will be there to help you. I look forward to getting to know you!

9 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @jessica148

It’s so nice to meet you, Jessie, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. I love the beautiful picture you have on your profile. It brings back some good memories from my past when I lived in Eagle River, Alaska.

I was raised Christian, but I believe that there is some truth in all religions. So I have taken what resonates with my soul, and let the rest go. I love Astrology too and agree “that witchcraft has a lot to do with astrology.” I’m a Libra sun, with Scorpio rising, and a Scorpio moon conjunct my ascendant!

I love that you made “banishing nightmare spell jars” for the veterans you work with! What a great idea! I needed that for my first husband! Maybe you would share your recipe with us, in a sacred space, of course!

I am so very sorry that you have tragically lost two of your daughters. Please accept my sincere condolences. We are a supportive group, so if you need anything, just reach out. We are here for you, Jesse, welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :pink_heart: and magick :dizzy: always

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing a piece of your story!! And thank you for your kind words and encouragement! So far I have learned so much. It’s just finding the time to apply what I have learned!!

8 Likes

As I read all the responses a wave of peace, comfort and acceptance washes over me and tears of happiness stain my cheeks! Thank you all so much for the kind words, support and encouragement. I love that there is such a diverse group of people on here, from all walks of life and all parts of the world! I would love to share the recipe for the banish nightmare jars! They were beautiful!

9 Likes

Your welcome :hibiscus: :people_hugging: :infinite_roots: :pentagram:

6 Likes

Merry meet @jessica148,

I’m Bry, another of the moderators here in the forum and an Eclectic Witch- wishing you a very warm welcome :blush:

My heart goes to out to you for your losses and for the many challenges you have overcome. Despite the past, it sounds like you are moving forward and taking your life into your own hands- that is a really amazing thing! I think you are very strong :muscle: :heart:

It sounds like you have many wonderful areas of interest and magickal talents- I hope you have been finding everything you were looking for (and more!). If you ever have any questions or need some advice, the Coven here is a very friendly one. Make yourself at home!

Blessed be :sparkles:

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.