Irish Stout Chocolate Cupcakes with Whipped Mint White Chocolate Ganache 🍀

Irish Stout Chocolate Cupcakes with Whipped Mint White Chocolate Ganache :four_leaf_clover:

Yield: Makes 24 cupcakes

Ingredients:

For the Mint White Chocolate Ganache

16 oz white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup fresh mint, stemmed and chopped
Pinch of salt

For the Chocolate Stout Cake

1 3/4 cups flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups Irish stout beer
1/4 cup brewed coffee
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
Sprinkles (optional)

Directions:

1. Prepare the Ganache: Place the chopped white chocolate in a large heat-safe bowl; set aside. Combine the heavy cream and chopped mint in a medium saucepan. Bring just to a boil, then remove from the heat cover and let the mint leaves steep for five minutes.

2. Pour the cream through a fine mesh strainer onto the white chocolate. Using a rubber spatula, press the mint leaves against the strainer to squeeze out any excess cream. Then discard the mint. Add a pinch of salt and let the chocolate/cream mixture sit for five minutes, then using a whisk, stir rapidly until smooth and fully incorporated. Cover and transfer to the refrigerator until chilled, about one hour.

3. Prepare the Cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; set aside. Combine the stout, coffee, and vanilla extract in a large bowl; set aside.

4. Place butter and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer beating on medium speed until fully combined, about one minute. Add the eggs and continue beating to incorporate. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add 1/3 of the flour mixture, followed by 1/2 of the stout mixture. Repeat, ending with the flour mixture. Scrape both the bottom and sides of the bowl to incorporate any excess flour or cocoa, and continue mixing until the batter is smooth.

5. Scoop batter into parchment-lined muffin tins, filling each Âľ full. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely before frosting.

6. Prepare the Frosting and Frost the Cupcakes: Transfer the chilled ganache to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip on high speed until soft peaks form, about one to two minutes (whip time will vary based on mixer type––be careful not to over whip the ganache, as it will turn grainy and start to separate). Transfer the whipped ganache to a piping bag fitted with a medium-size star pastry tip and pipe on each cupcake. Garnish with sprinkles.

Make them a day ahead and store your St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes in an airtight container until ready to serve.

Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart.com

13 Likes

Made.my mouth watering

10 Likes

Great use of my Guinness extra Stout. Will have to pick up the things I don’t have tomorrow! Thank you for sharing! :shamrock:

11 Likes

I wish I had the energy to make these!

11 Likes

I would love to make them for you. :black_heart:

Why do I have to live so far from everyone. :laughing: Ugh.

10 Likes

I can’t decide which sounds tastier - the rich chocolatey cupcakes or the white chocolate mint frosting! They must make a deeeeelicious pair :yum: :heart:

Thank you for the fun St. Paddy’s Day recipe, @Amethyst- you always find such great ones! :hugs: :two_hearts:

9 Likes

my next recipe!
thanks @Amethyst :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

Nice. Guinness nice too. Here’s a little something about Guinness. When my mother visit Ireland she had an Irish Guinness, a proper one. I remember her saying it felt like she’d had a meal. It wasn’t as watery as the ones we get in England. It was as black as night, thick, strong and very delicious :yum: Like liquid cake.

Fabulous recipe @Amethyst

9 Likes

Hee! Don’t drool too much!

You’re welcome! This looked awesome. I’m really sad I’m allergic to alcohol at the moment.

I wish I did too!

You’re welcome, dear heart! Everyone goes with the same recipes for St. Pat’s, soda bread, Irish stew, and corned beef. Thought I’d find something different this year!

You’re welcome!

Wow, that sound awesome. No wonder Brits complain about our watery beer!

9 Likes