Is there a back button?

Merry meet, all :white_heart: New member here and a little embarrassed my first post is a silly site nav question but is there no back button in the app? I’m finding it very difficult to go back to the previous page I was on and have been just going back to the drop menu and following the original breadcrumb trail.

Kinda related, but when I get into the forum section on the app, I have trouble getting back to the home page and have just been hard closing the app and reopening.

I’m sure I’m missing something here because I don’t see anyone else posting about it. My deepest apologies in advance. :see_no_evil:

12 Likes

I don’t think it’s just you. I get something similar to this when I search for things. I always have to press my phone’s native “back” button twice for some reason to get out of a search. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

If you just want to get to the home page, though, you can tap the logo in the top left. :black_heart:

Edit: Sorry, I should have included a screenshot when I said that.

13 Likes

Thanks so much - I thought I was going cuckoo. I used to work in websites too so I was really boggled.

Ive noticed when I’m in the forum, the spells8 logo is paired with the forum icon and when I tap it, im taken to the forum homepage instead of the spells8 homepage.

12 Likes

I still work in websites, but I have managed to generally avoid phone apps thus far. :sweat_smile: I’m boggled myself!

True. I’m not sure what the intended user experience is in this case. :thinking:

My personal preference is to go to the forum, because I rarely go to the main site at all. But it sounds like a setting to let the user decide would be a nice feature.

Such a thing would fit well under either of these interface and navigation menu preferences:

12 Likes

Hello! :wave:

@starborn is correct (as usual lol) about the navigation functions of the app. The back button in the app relies on your phone’s back button, not one in the app itself.

As for going back to the Spells8 homepage instead of the forum, I don’t think there’s a button or option for that, actually… :thinking: I’m going to tag in @Francisco because he’s the best person to answer that question (or give the suggestion to if it doesn’t exist yet!)

9 Likes

I just open a new tab. I used to only use the app, but I’ve found the forum is easier for me to navigate online. Then I either go to the app for the main page or open a new tab in my browser. I hope this makes sense.

7 Likes

On iPhone, you can swipe to the left to go back where you were before. Here’s an example video of how that works

9 Likes