It's been rough

I’m so sorry you’ve lost your spark. That seems to be a theme this year. I’ve always found that daily devotional helps me. Light a candle and say a prayer, stop, and think for a few moments. Doesn’t have to take more than five or ten minutes. Stop and give thanks for what you do have. That might help.

Hope things get better with you soon!! :hugs:

5 Likes

You people are all so sweet and gentle it warms my heart so much <3 my parents don’t really understand this new passion of mine so I can’t count on them to help me on this path , which is why I feel very alone … But I’m so happy to see tons of people online sharing the love I have for witchcraft <3

5 Likes

Do they let you light candles in your room? Because you can just use a flameless candle if you want. There are plenty being sold for jack o’ lanterns this time of year. :jack_o_lantern:

There is a book, called The Truth About Witchcraft Today that was written long before cell phones came about so it’s an older book, but it’s really good for explaining to people just what Wicca is. That might help your parents understand.

And of course, we’re always here to help you out! :hugs:

4 Likes

If you live at home and your parents are against The Craft, take a page from hidden Christians and use your closet as a makeshift altar room. Flameless candles, altar cloths, statues, and crystals can ask blend in with normal items in a room and be taken into the closet for practices.

If you can do your practice in your room, that’s obviously better. :upside_down_face:

Meditate. Meditate. Meditate.

Meditation helps strengthen the parts of the brain that make us feel connected to The Divine, Mother Earth, The Lord and The Lady, or whatever you may call the mysterious unknown.

Passion can be energized by hearing/reading the amazing stories from others that remind you this isn’t some dumb fad but there’s something real behind the curtain of rituals and practices. We just read the story of a person this week that can feel energy and if it will go bad or good and how they used that to avoid certain death. These kinds of stories aren’t for the people that experienced them - they’re for the rest of us to remind us what is true.

Finally, as much as is possible, stay active with a group of like minded people. We’re on Discord. We’re on here. They started a book club and weekly challenges. There is an upcoming group ritual. There’s daily affirmations. There’s so many ways to connect and through those connections to be lifted up.

Remember: You are a light and you deserve to be lifted up as one by people that understand and care about you. :hugs:

6 Likes

@praecog29 Very well said!
@MidnightVixxen I don’t think I can say anything better than what @Limeberry @Amethyst and @praecog29 have already said. Take the time to reconnect with yourself, asking why the craft is important to you. And build your strength in seeking/understanding that truth. We all go through this feeling of disconnect, I know I have. It is frustrating but I think it’s because we feel like we are letting ourselves down when this happens, not the craft. The craft is always there for us to come back to and embrace every bit of knowledge it offers, it’s your path so you walk it however you feel is right. Join us for Tea Time on Thursdays, The Weekly Challenges, or even just on the forum. We’re always here for you, so you’re never alone.
Love & Light
Blessed Be

6 Likes

What’s tea time ? :slight_smile: Is it like a podcast ?

4 Likes

Thank you all so very much for the heartwarming replies ! <3 it’s already lifting my spirits ~ I would also love to deepen my connection to the Goddesses and Gods , but I don’t really know how to do it or where to start :confused: I really want wicca to become a part of me :first_quarter_moon_with_face::full_moon::last_quarter_moon_with_face:

4 Likes

This is something I’m working on myself - currently easing in by dedicating some time each day to the deities using the devotionals on the Daily devotional page. Already finding myself building stronger connections with certain deities over others. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

P.S. I love how you did this

yoink.

4 Likes

The

is our next Tea Time - it’s a group meditation and chat. We all aim to do it at some point on Thursday (of course we’re all over the world so it’s hard to do it at the same time :sweat_smile:) and afterwards post a little something about how it went and have a little group chat about it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I’ll definitely be joining this !

4 Likes

Hello @MidnightVixxen! :heart:

Others have already done such a wonderful job of sharing the love- there is some really great advice for helping you to rekindle your spark! :sparkles:

Know that once you have embraced magick, that spark never goes out. It may flicker or rest as an ember- but it is absolutely there, glowing warmly deep inside you. Waiting for you to be ready to light it once again :candle:

I happy to invite you, as others kindly have as well, to the activities in the challenge! If you feel a bit lost and unsure where to go- joining in on something with others can be a welcome boost of motivation.

Like the others have mentioned, the group tea meditation is tomorrow (every Thursday too!), and I am posting a brand new weekly challenge momentarily! The first Book Club will begin on Friday. We would be very lucky to have you join us for any or all of the events! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As you can see from all the warm and loving replies above- you are very welcome here and your coven has your back! Whenever you feel self-doubt or unsure, reach out and you will find love and support :heart_decoration:

Love and light to you- blessed be! :hugs:

6 Likes

It’s easy to get sunk by worldly responsibilities, especially when it comes to family. Don’t get worked up. Sometimes we have to put our spirituality in cold storage. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

Follow the advice given above, which is wonderful. And when you’re ready, your heart will open to the divine giving you a beautiful sense of place. :pray:

All the best!

6 Likes

I want to give everyone here a HUGE thank you for all of the heartwarming replies I’ve gotten , you are all so sweet and helpful it feels like I’ve gotten myself a new loving family with which I can share my passion for wicca <3 you’re the sweetest community I’ve ever came across and I’m so happy to have found spells8 during my journey <3

I can’t wait to join in the new activities and relight my flame :fire:
Thank you all so much <3
Blessed be :first_quarter_moon_with_face::full_moon::last_quarter_moon_with_face:

5 Likes

Hooray, @MidnightVixxen! I am looking forward to doing the activities with you :blush: Did you have a chance to see this week’s challenge yet? I just posted it yesterday- you are very much invited to join!

Blessed be!

:heart::candle::heart::candle::heart:

3 Likes

Since the accident with my dogs on Sunday, I feel I let in something bad And am thinking of just walking away from it all. I blame myself

3 Likes

Oh and there was this image
I see a white dog with a black nose (Taz)
This was the night before it all happened

4 Likes

I’m sorry you feel that way. We’ll be here for you no matter what happens. I’m sending healing vibes your way.

3 Likes

Don’t blame yourself, Katt. It’s not something you could have seen coming. It happens to so many dog owners no matter how prepared they are.

I am hoping that Taz will be back with you and just like with Laurie’s dog, he will be the best dog because you didn’t give up on him.

All the best :pray:

4 Likes

I agree with the others, @Katt- it was not your fault and you should try not to blame yourself (I know it can be hard after a tragedy). It is very normal to see your pets and loved ones in visions and spellwork because they are a huge part of our lives! The situation with Taz happened so suddenly and there is still hope.

Sending so much love and light your way :heart:

4 Likes

I have been reading blogs from a very qualified dog behaviorist (she is suppose to get in touch with me) and apparently what happened is very common and just survival instinct of a dog. A younger healthy dog will kill an older (and maybe ill) older dog to draw attention away. It could have been a smell, a limp, or something us humans cannot pick up on. I know I should not blame myself but it is so hard. Lots of “what if’s” that could have prevented it. But according to the expert nothing in the world could have prevented it. Just wish the neighbours had minded their own business and had not called the police.

5 Likes