Japanese recipe help 🆘

I want sure where to add this but I’m asking for help with a Japanese recipe that uses Miso. I have an idea but I’m still not sure. I have the miso, a miso tool that grabs the perfect amount of miso, and two very nice Japanese bowls.

Thank you in advance :heart:

6 Likes

allrecipes has many recipes using miso & they look tasty.

Garnet

6 Likes

Sorry love, it’s been too long since I watched Iron Chef. I have not a clue.

4 Likes

What is it you are needing help with. I make miso all the time since moving back from japan.

5 Likes

Greetings @Christina4!

Ohhhh miso is very tasty- what are you making? Miso soup? :bowl_with_spoon: :yum: These days I just cheat and use the easy powdered version when I get a craving, but I’ve used the fresh miso in the past when I lived in Japan. That being said, I’m not an expert so definitely check the recipes that Garnet shared for more details! :+1:

If you’re making miso soup, you can pour hot (not boiling) water over a spoonful of the miso paste. Sprinkle with chopped scallions and small squares of tofu- stir it up and you’ve got a lovely bowl of miso soup!

Good luck and enjoy! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Thank you!! That sounds so good, I love miso soup!

5 Likes

Any help making any dish with miso. I’m in a program and I was selected for a mission and I received a huge bag of miso, a miso muddler, and two beautiful bowls. I have to make a meal with those items.

4 Likes

Thank you, dear!!! I’m going to look at them now.:heartpulse::blush:

4 Likes

4 cups water. Hot.
1/2 pound firm tofu cubed 1/4th inch
Rehydrate seaweed if thick. Or crumbled nori
Diced scallions.

The mudder makes 2 cups of miso so use 2.
Bring water to near boil. Wisk in the miso till blended well. Add tofu and heat while whisking. Add nori or seaweed. Remove from heat and serve.

Serve with white rice topped with sunny side up eggs. Though I use blended egg.

Typical breakfast in Japan.

5 Likes

Mmm thank you so much!!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.