Just a brief introduction

Merry meet.

Ninu here.

I have been a Shamanic practitioner for some years now and have recently felt the pull towards Wicca. A few friends of mine already practice the craft but I would like to be a solitary practitioner.

It was by very good fortune, although I do not believe in coincidences, that I found this site and am having the time of my life browsing and learning.

Thanks for reading this and I would like to leave you with a small phrase in the Lakota language:

“Mitakuye Oyasin”

which translates to, “We Are All Related”

Merry part.

Ninu

11 Likes

Hello and welcome fellow shaman. I’m a Trickster shaman in the Northern Tradition, currently being initiated such fun. I work with runes pretty much for everything, The Trickster gods (Loki mostly) and the demonic. This is a fabulous coven, welcome make yourself at home lovely :green_heart:

Skal :clinking_beer_mugs: :green_heart:

11 Likes

@anthony3 Hi there, hello and welcome to you sir. Please take the time to peep into every room you can find and learn all the new things you can. We love meeting new people!

So happy you are here. :blush:

11 Likes

Merry Meet Ninu and a warm welcome to the Forum. Thank you your lovely words translated in your introduction to us all and areas you would like to know more. As you have discovered there is a lot information in many areas that can help you with regard to Wicca. If you need anything just ask and either myself or one us will try to assist. Looking forward to reading your posts and getting to know you.

I am Moonbeam :dotted_six_pointed_star: :last_quarter_moon:from a small village in Lancashire, England :england:. My craft is working with the Elements. I am drawn to the Moon in particular but also the Sun, Crystals, The Old Wats, Forklore Magic and nature, Anglo-Saxon & Witch Runes, Tasseography, Pendulum, plants and growing herbs etc. I am learning about Ocean Magic. I write create my own spells

Blessings to you :last_quarter_moon::dotted_six_pointed_star::jack_o_lantern:

11 Likes

welcome @anthony3. I’m pretty new to all things witchy/spiritual. I look forward to learning from & with you. :fallen_leaf: :last_quarter_moon:

11 Likes

Hi, @anthony3! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It’s nice to meet you! I’ve got to admit, I don’t know too much about shamanism. I’d love to learn more, so I hope you share something. I’m an Eclectic Witch who likes candle magic, chants, and a bit of chaos magic.

Anyhow, it’s nice to meet you! I hope we can learn from each other!

11 Likes

Magickal Monday Ninu,

Welcome to our pack :wolf:. So much to see and do here, take your time. Are you Lakota?

I look forward to hearing more about you and running into you again.

Lady Gene :sun_moon_star:

10 Likes

Merry meet @anthony3 I am new to the practice everyone here are so king and helpful, I love what you said," we are all related " :heart:

10 Likes

Hello Ninu @anthony3,

Don’t mind me jumping on the welcome wagon too - it’s wonderful to meet you! I’m Bry, an Eclectic Witch and one of the moderators. I hope you’ve been finding everything you were looking for. If you ever have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Please make yourself at home here, Ninu! Happy studies and blessed be :books: :mage:

9 Likes

Greetings from New Mexico!

Welcome @anthony3!

8 Likes

Hi Trickster nice to hear from a fellow practitioner

Thanks for the welcome. I am mainly on the healing path and have taken part in a few sweat lodge also.

See you around mate. :waving_hand:

9 Likes

Welcome, @anthony3 and Merry Meet! We’re glad you decided to join us. I think you’re very fortunate to have some friends who practice in various ways - you don’t have to learn or practice in secrecy or isolation. Wonderful!

It’s our blessing to have you join us here. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m Feathertip, from SE Michigan. I’m a lifelong Pagan with a very Nature-oriented practice, working in the garden and growing herbs. I practice Yogic meditation and use Lenormand cards for divination.

I’m glad you’re enjoying your time here!

I love this phrase and agree 1000%. :sparkling_heart: The Lakota are a wise people. :sparkles:

8 Likes

Hi @Water.

Thanks for the welcome. Am doing my best to explore and slowly learn. There is so much.
Take care. :grinning_face:

9 Likes

@anthony3 You are correct! There is an entire world within this website and forum and I don’t think anyone other than the creator and moderators have seen every nook and cranny. Buuuut! That’s part of the fun isn’t it? To keep learning, keep seeking and keep finding…

Ask ALL the questions you have, the coven here is extremely helpful and embracing and will help you with links to whatever you are looking for!

Just a helpful hint, there are no mousetraps in here, so hide your cheese. We embrace life in all forms (even those meddlesome scavengers.) :rofl:

:heart_with_ribbon:

8 Likes

@Moonbeam Thanks for the lovely welcome. Believe me there are a multitude of question that I would like to ask but all in good time.

I am from Malta. I am also drawn to the moon and the elements and I just love my crystals.

Take care and many blessings to you’ :spirit_element:

6 Likes

Hi @c11 thanks for your kind welcome.

Both being fairly new, we might stumble together. :sweat_smile:

Take care and keep learning. :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks @Amethyst (one of my favourite crystals by the way) for you bright welcome.

Actually I am not Lakota, I am from the small Mediterranean island of Malta but have worked with a medicine woman who has ties with the Lakota.

Take care and hope to talk again sometime soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

@Feathertip Thanks so much for your welcome.

I have been a pagan for the last 15 odd years and am now trying to branch out more. As you said, having friends can help a lot and although my kids know I practice they are not very comfortable with it and I don’t mention anything to them.

It is true that the Lakota are a wise people and we could learn a lot from them.

Take care of yourself and have a blessed day. :spirit_element:

6 Likes

@anthony3

Blessings to you and thank for your kind thoughts​:last_quarter_moon::dotted_six_pointed_star::jack_o_lantern:

5 Likes

Hello @anthony3 and Merry Meet! :sparkles:

Oh, yes…there is so much information on here! And the courses are great, too!

Wow, this is exciting! Malta is home to temple complexes that predate the Egyptian pyramids and Stonehenge. As far as I know, they are considered the oldest free-standing stone structures in human history.
What is mindblowing is that the Ħal-Saflieni Hypogeum is a three-level underground labyrinth of halls and burial chambers, hewn directly into the rock, that perfectly mimics the architecture of the above-ground temples. I have read the theory that people viewed the world of the living and the world of the dead as interconnected yet mirrored. While the surface temples were used for the rituals of the living (perhaps in sunlight), they created an exact, eternal counterpart underground—in the darkness—for their ancestors.

Hi! I´m Katharina, an art-witch and art therapist from Vienna, Austria! I´m practicing magick very much through art making! I love altar craft, candle making, poppet work, spell boxes, jars and all kinds of creative magic shenanignas. Working in my Book of Shadows is a big part of my practice. I love all things tarot and practice this art since many moons.

The forum is huge and it takes time to get to know everything. The people here are very sweet and helpful, so just make yourself known if there´s any questions, someone will certainly show up to help you.

Brightest blessings! :dizzy:

5 Likes