Keeping a journal

So I have a hard time with keeping any kind of journal because years ago I kept a journal and it was found (by my mother) and she of course confronted me with it, didn’t like what she read. So from that day forward I don’t trust that it won’t be found and read. The trust factor was totally ruined for me. I don’t know how to get over that. I know it’s a great thing to do but I just can’t any suggestions? Thanks all :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Hello I am Kara and have some follow up questions do I have your permission to ask questions?

8 Likes

Have you thought of doing one on a password protected computer or something? Like a memory stick if you don’t have a personal computer.

8 Likes

Your journal doesn’t have to be a physical book. I keep one physically but I also have one digitally that only I have access to via a username and password. Have you explored other options besides a physical book?

8 Likes

@chrystal

I kept a journal and it was found (by my mother) and she of course confronted me with it, didn’t like what she read. So from that day forward, I don’t trust that it won’t be found and read. The trust factor was totally ruined for me. I don’t know how to get over that. I know it’s a great thing to do but I just can’t have any suggestions.

Your journal is yours to keep. They can be therapeutic as well as a memory reminder. I too have journaling issues but mostly because I didn’t have much to write about. Unless your mom still goes through your things, you should be safe.

@TheRealKara

do I have your permission to ask questions?

You ask what you will, and someone will have an answer or will point you in the right direction.
Blessings
Garnet

7 Likes

Absolutely

8 Likes

Thank you for that wonderful idea!, I’m way to old school to even think about that! I so appreciate you :sparkles:

7 Likes

I don’t trust anyone, I did get some great advice. The computer is a great way to do it, as I told someone else I’m just to old school to even think about my computer. I’m definitely going to give it a try. Thank you for your response :sparkles:

9 Likes

You’re welcome! I hope that helps. I know having a journal has saved my sanity in the past.

8 Likes

Is there any reason to think that someone would browse through a physical journal that you keep? Would there be a safe place for you to hide it? Or get one that has a lock?

8 Likes

I also have had a hard time keeping a journal since my privacy was invaded. I have tried many things to get me back in the habit. Journaling classes, journals with prompts plain journals fancy good looking journals any and everything. I also have a digital journal I keep notes in. So basically what I’m saying is when the feeling hits you to write you will.

8 Likes

This is very true! One thing my therapist and I have been working on is writing in the moment. This is why a digital journal works well for me because I can keep it on my phone. When I have the need to journal or write something down, it’s as easy as pulling out my phone, typing away for a minute, and then putting it away! :blush: It works so far! lol

8 Likes

@chrystal That must have scarred you. Those are personal and NO ONE should ever read your private thoughts. Sorry, that happened. Maybe you could put it under lock & key or a small safe.

@MeganB Ok you awesome Witches, do you or anyone have a good digital journal link I could look into?

Blessed Be to all and be safe, Mote it Be
Medea

7 Likes

I use Notion. It’s got a learning curve but once you get it down, it’s very easy to manage!

https://www.notion.so/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z06fqYhNgM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkEuM_GLG6k

8 Likes

Hi @chrystal I second putting private thoughts in an online PW protected journal.

One other thing to think about is if you want a spell book, or physical record of potions, crafts, chants, etc., then you can still do that and journal private thoughts online - Evernote is what I use for private thoughts. I have access to it and can put links from websites and pictures, etc, too.

I would recommend spelling your physical papers/journals so that they are protected as well. I can give you suggestions for this, and others here can too for protecting your journal with a spell from prying eyes.

Here’s a 2022 recommendation list for journal apps - Also I second @MeganB about Notion. If I didn’t have over a decade of writings in Evernote, I would possibly use that as well:

:brown_heart:

8 Likes

@MeganB Thank you Megan. I did download Notion. Blessed Be

9 Likes

No reason it’s always in the back of my mind so it makes me uncomfortable, I’m almost 61 years old, one thing’s for sure, things that happen in your childhood stays with you for life. I’m going to start a journal on my computer, times are changing :blush: thank you for everything :heart::sparkles:

8 Likes

You’re very welcome! If you need help figuring it out just let me know :blush:

You’re absolutely right – I’m going to be 31 soon and there are things that I don’t do (or that I do!) that are carryovers from my childhood. The important thing in this situation is to find things that work for you! I hope your online journal works well for you :blush:

8 Likes

Y’all are great thank you so much :sparkles:

8 Likes

Yes ask away

7 Likes