Kokum Butter

Hi does anyone know what planet rules Kokum Butter? Or I guess Kokum. I am trying to find a butter that is purely ruled by the element Earth. I’m not having much luck. Any ideas are greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hey @maria20 :wave: Nice to see you back here!

I honestly can’t say that I’ve heard of a butter ruled by a planet, or one that is ruled specifically by any element. Is this from a specific tradition or folklore? I would say that if the butter is made from a plant, then it is ruled by the Earth element. I’m not entirely sure though, as I don’t have the full context of your request :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

After looking up what a Kokum is, and why it has butter, if I had to guess I would say Earth since it’s a plant.

5 Likes

Thank you all…I guess I should of said the Kokum Tree…I’m using the butter for a lotion. And wanted to use oils n herb only associated with Earth. It’s extremely hard to find plants that produce oils n butters of Earth. I’m good on every element but this one :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well, if Kokum Butter doesn’t work for you, I wish you all the luck in finding one that does! :clap: :sparkles: :hugs:

4 Likes

Hello @maria20!

I feel you- finding specific correspondences can be rather challenging! This is often because the associations attached to various items (be it elemental, planet, season, etc) can vary significantly depending on the tradition. For example, I always associated the season of winter with the element water, but in the Book of Druidry, winter is listed as the season of earth (and autumn is the season of water). It can be confusing! :sweat_smile:

When faced with different correspondences coming from different traditions/sources, I would recommend going with your instinct. Many practitioners build their own personal correspondences, in the same way that tarot and oracle readers often make their own intuitive meanings for their cards. After all, what matters most is your energy that you are putting into your crafting, which is guided and directed by your beliefs.

If you feel that the Kokum Tree aligns with the energy of planet Earth, then I would say go for it! :deciduous_tree: :astrology_earth: :sparkles:

Whatever you choose to do, I’m wishing you all the best with crafting your lotion- blessed be!

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more!! Well stated, Bry!! :heart: :sparkles:

4 Likes

@BryWisteria Thank you. I’m still struggling with it’s ok to go with your instincts that not everything is written in stone … Being raised in a Catholic home you had to do exactly what was said or it was wrong. Thank you very much for your words of encouragement :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

@BrightBear Thank you! :raised_hands: :heart:

@maria20 It’s my pleasure, Maria! And I understand completely- it takes time to build confidence in a new practice. Luckily you have plenty of magick-loving friends here to support and cheer you on. You’re doing great! :two_hearts:

Blessed be!

2 Likes