Lavender Milk Bath Recipe

Ingredients:
• 4 tablespoons dead sea salt
• 2 tablespoons dried milk powder
• 1 tablespoon dried lavender
• purple mica
• test tubes

Instructions:

1. Combine 1/8 mica and sea salt in a bowl :bowl_with_spoon: stir well. Add more mica if needed.

2. Begin layering the test tube bath salts.from bottom to top, purple sea salt :salt:, milk :milk_glass: powder, lavender buds, milk powder and finally, purple sea salt on top.

3. You can alternate layers if you wish. You could also just combine the ingredients in a bowl and pour that in.

4. Dump the entire test tube in running water :ocean: to make an herbal bath soak. You’ll get the lavender milk bath benefits from the salts, lavender and dry milk.

:link: Link :link:

8 Likes

Neat! This would make a great Yule gift. But where in the world would I find mica?

3 Likes

You can get mica powder on Amazon! It’s used for a TON of different things like eyeshadow, resin coloring, body care products, etc! Make sure you get the cosmetic grade!

4 Likes

Thanks, @Velle! I’ll have to remember it if and when I want to do this. It sounds so nice!

4 Likes

That’s right! I used to make eye shadow with mica.

2 Likes

This sounds like a really soothing combo- I have very sensitive skin and used to take goat milk baths. Milk in a bath blend can really work wonders! The lavender is a nice soothing and healing touch too :purple_heart:

If I remember correctly, some retailers sell it under the name “cosmetic grade glitter” and LUSH (a bath and cosmetic company) lists “synthetic mica” (aka “synthetic fluorphlogopite”) as an ingredient in their products (source: LUSHUSA). Hopefully those terms might help widen your search! :raised_hands:

I think it’s safe to say that anything cosmetic grade (that is okay in water) should work okay in the above recipe :blush: :+1:

3 Likes

This link states that the small trace amounts of mica are safe for external use.

4 Likes

Where do you get Dead Sea salt? If I have a bag of person salt could that work in place?

5 Likes

Curious for color reasons- what about beet root? Or turmeric for a yellow. Would these stain your skin in the bath? I know a little off topic but was curious about other natural colors you could add. There’s also the “green” powders like Spirulina, chlorella, kelp. These all have health benefits as well as color additives.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what person salt is (is it similar to table salt?) but Dead Sea salt is a common ingredient in a lot of beauty products- you might even be able to find it at your local health and beauty store (although it may be mixed with other ingredients). For pure Dead Sea Salt, it looks like Mountain Rose Herbs has some, and then the usual online resellers have it too (like Amazon’s dead sea salt options here)

Hope that helped, Nina! :heart::salt:

I encourage others to share their own experiences about this, but everytime I’ve handled beet root (pure juice, not dried/powdered) it has wrecked havoc on everything it came in contact with. I would imagine it would go much further than just staining your skin and would probably stain your bath tub/towels/etc as well.

But again, that’s just the raw juice- it might be different (and less powerful) dried and powdered.

I love the idea of using natural colorings here- good luck, and please let us know if you find anything that looks like it may be a good option! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Lol auto correct changed epson salt to person salt lol

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That’s hilarious!

5 Likes

I think “person salt” is a different kind of magic…

6 Likes

It was suppose to be epson salt but auto correct changed it lmao

5 Likes

There is a story by HP Lovecraft about a guy who talks with the spirits of the dead by reanimating their remains, which he refers to as their “salts.” Creepy!

4 Likes

Yikes! That does sound like something Lovecraft would write haha. Definitely not the kind of “salts” we’d want in a self-care bath recipe! :joy:

Hahaha we can always count on autocorrect to give us a chuckle :laughing:

Epsom salt makes much more sense- you should be able to use that in the recipe, Nina! :blush: Just a friendly heads up that if you do use Epsom Salt (depending on how much is added in the recipe) you may want to limit how long you spend in the bath, as it is recommended that Epsom Salt baths are only 15-20 minutes long to prevent possible magnesium overdose (Source: Healthline: Epsom Salt)

For short baths I think Epsom Salt would be perfectly fine, and would add an extra touch of healing! If you give it a try, please let us know how the recipe turns out! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Yasss :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes