Learning the tarot for the first time

Im on a journey to learn the tarot

12 Likes

Oh thats a wonderful journey! :blush:

We do have a Whole Tarot course on the site… & we also have :flower_playing_cards: Tarot Poems by The Gifted and Talented Amethyst

I hope it goes well for you! :revolving_hearts: I really like reading tarot, mostly for myself at the moment. I practice with friends & family from time to time & do pretty good as far as I know :laughing:

7 Likes

When I started to learn I used the printable tarot and use them as flashing cards. It helped me retain better. :grinning:

8 Likes

Congrats on your journey into tarot, @Asideon! :raised_hands: It’s a really wonderful form of divination with so many possibilities.

How are your studies going so far? Did you learn anything interesting recently? If so, feel free to share it- we are all learning and growing together around here! :blush: :sparkles: :books:

Blessed be!

7 Likes

What books do you have, if I may ask? Do you need any recommendations?

7 Likes

How exciting! I read tarot for myself as well as others. It’s taken me a long time to get in touch with the intuitive side of myself and the cards. Sometimes I still have to think about what the card means, but it’s much easier for me to connect with them intuitively now.

Good luck on your journey! :revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

Im still just working on the book definitions for the cards and trying to learn the symbology of the major arcana, but im learning

8 Likes

Keep at it. Its a journey on which you constantly learn but its also one that is both enjoyable and fascinating.

8 Likes

@Asideon when I learned how to read the cards, it wasn’t so much learning the book definitions that helped me. You might want to learn basic numerology of the numbers 1 - 10. Each suit of the Minor Arcana is associated with an element too. So learn the different aspects of each element too.

• Cups - Water
  • Pentacles - Earth
  • Wands - Fire
  • Swords - Air

Court cards can be seen as stages in a person… Pages - childlike, Knights - older but not quite an adult… action oriented, Queens - a level of mastery & nurturing almost like a mother (cool, calm, collected), Kings - the finish line… complete mastery, father figure, authority.

Major Arcana are like lessons learned in life & the journey of the Fool & the lessons learned along the way. So a major theme or life lesson.

I hope some of that helps, I have a different way of reading than others & using my intuition. I understand if that seems a little confusing. I also haven’t finished my first cup of coffee yet. :laughing:

7 Likes

@Asideon oh thats awesome. U definitely should to speak to one of our AMAZING mods then, @MeganB she can help set u on the right path at least.

Everyone here is awesome. And if u ever and i mean ever have a question. Speak up. The on stupid question here is an unasked one. Everyone helps each other here. We all come from different backgrounds and faiths but we still will help u. And if we dont know the answer we will find someone who does or at least try to point u in the direction of someone who does.

Like if u ask me a question about tarot, i have no idea, so i would send u to @MeganB however if u started asking a bunch of questions about herbs. Yes she knows quite a bit about them. But some of them are out of her base of knowledge so she would refer u to me. And so on. So please just ask and that goes for all of our new people here. And even those who aren’t so new. Who just maybe lurk bc they just dont know this and might be nervous or scared. We dont bite i promise. :smile::smile::smile:

6 Likes

Labyrinthos tarot is a nice app, it’s free and teaches intuitive tarot.

6 Likes

Other than sage whats a good herb for clearing negative enery

6 Likes

Rosemary, Juniper, and Dragon’s Blood are all good options for clearing negative energy :blush: You can also use salt instead of herbal smoke! Or even sound!

5 Likes

I have used Lavender with Juniper or Rosemary before too! Also Cedar with Rose :herb: I do love me some Dragon’s Blood though! :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes