Leaves...šŸ‚

Itā€™s going to be autumn soon here in New Hampshire!!

One of my most favorite things to do is gather some fallen leaves and write down the things I want to release on the leaf with a sharpie.

So one thing per leaf.

Some of things maybe look like:

1 - Anxiety
2 - Ego
3 - Fear
4 - Bad Habit
5 - Toxic Person

Etcā€¦

Once I have all the things written down on the leafā€¦I hold them all in my hand and meditation on how my life looks without those things weighing me down. When I am ready I crumble them up and toss them in the air!!

I LOVE doing thisā€¦it really feels so wonderful to perform this easy and simple ritual. :fallen_leaf: :maple_leaf: :fallen_leaf: :maple_leaf:

31 Likes

What a beautiful ritual to welcome in the new season. :heartpulse:

12 Likes

I agree with @tracyS, itā€™s a beautiful ritual!

Here in Texas we wonā€™t see any fall weather until late October or November. I am so looking forward to it.

11 Likes

This is a beautiful idea :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Bay doesnā€™t grow here, but fallen leaves will soon be plentiful :smiling_face: :fallen_leaf:

13 Likes

Ooh I love this. I cannot wait to have some fallen leaves to try this with.

13 Likes

I Love autumn, when every leaf becomes a flower! :people_hugging:

:goat:

11 Likes

haha maybe if I can find somewhere that the leaves change color here in Florida, Iā€™ll do this. For us, our telltale sign that Fall is coming is when Hurricane Season starts ramping up :joy: this is a great practice, though ā€“ I canā€™t wait to try something similar!

9 Likes

This is making me miss autumn. :joy: Iā€™ll have to wait until next year to try this out.

I suppose we could think of an all-locations variation? If I may take a little inspiration from Asian cultures, letting something fly or float away has spiritual significance.

So for example, we could write these things down on any leaves, then send them off on a body of water like little boats, carrying away that which we no longer desire to keep.

Itā€™s less energetic, thoughā€¦ So perhaps we could just enthusiastically wave goodbye to them as they float? :joy:

bye-loki

11 Likes

@starborn Oh I love your gif. :heartpulse:

That is wonderful. And can be done anytime of year. This is going in my grim if thatā€™s ok. :sparkling_heart:

10 Likes

This is a good idea - and a good point! Iā€™ll have to figure out something similar. If anything, I can cut out leaf shapes on paper and use those, then burn them and let the wind carry their ashes!

9 Likes

Of course! No need to even mention it. Coven is family. :black_heart:

Do you use a particular type of paper for burning? Iā€™m hoping to find something that burns more neutrally. :smiling_face_with_tear:

7 Likes

I donā€™t have anything specific I use, just whatever I have on hand. :woman_shrugging: What do you mean by burning more neutrally? As in the smell? Or the way it burns?

6 Likes

This is wonderful!! Bring on the leaves! I am so ready for some cooler weather and some beautiful fall colors!

7 Likes

Oh, yeah. Sorry, I meant for the smell.

I used the balcony last time I burned paper, and the smell was a bit strong. I assume itā€™s because I used basic printer paper, so it has all these chemicals to make it white and smooth. But then again, I havenā€™t tried burning others to see how they go yet.

5 Likes

No need to apologize! :heart: I havenā€™t found a paper that burns with a more neutral smell, unfortunately. If I do find something like that, Iā€™ll let you know!

4 Likes

Is the Asian idea where we get paper airplanes? I know they are great at Origami. I could never get a paper airplane to fly very far, but I have tried both paper airplanes and boats.

Drawing a boat or plane with cargo seems to work well for me because I want to do a good job, so I focus more intently. I can wish either to remove negativity or to bring positivity to me. Then I hang up the picture awhile, until the spell has manifested. Not allowed to burn, here.

Slam-dunking a wadded ā€œbasketballā€ works well for removing negativity.

5 Likes

Paper planes are probably pretty universal. Maybe thereā€™s some influence from origami? But not necessarily so.

This is a beautiful thing that Japanese people do,

Here ā€œa thousandā€ is not necessarily to designate the exact number, but a poetic expression of huge amounts.

Chinese has the same. Ten thousand basically means eternity.

I love that. Itā€™s probably the most accessible version Iā€™ve heard yet. :black_heart:

And this sounds wonderfully cathartic. :joy: I will have to try it next time Iā€™m feeling frustrated.

6 Likes

This is awesome. I will do this today. I really like finding simple things that I can add to my practice throughout the day.

5 Likes

I love love love this idea!! I was just admiring all the lovely colors of the leaves in our yard yesterday.

5 Likes

@SilverBear

Ohhhh you lucky, lucky blessed woman. I envy you so much, always thought of NH as Godā€™s/Goddesses country. I miss NH so VERY much. :cry:
We used to have a summer home in Bartlett. I miss going there during summer vacation and during the peak foliage season.
I always say if I won the lottery I would buy a quaint little log cabin or chalet style house to live in Bartlett.
I did look into moving there but you definitely need a car to live in NH ( unless you live in the city) and I couldnt afford one, so that idea went out the window. I had even found a nice little trailer that had a rent to own option. sigh * :pensive:
But I love your idea with the leaves. Will definitely do that soon.
Our summer home:
images

8 Likes