Lemon clove infused honey

I did some experimental kitchen witchery a few weeks ago and it turned out great. There are so many uses for this. You can add it to tea, use it for sore throat’s or cough, or add some whiskey to it and make a hot toddy!

Lemon (I used fresh, but I’m going to try it with dried)
Cloves (with cloves numbing properties it would be great for a sore throat)
Honey
Glass jar with lid

Place everything in the jar and screw lid on. Shake once a day (or more, because it’s just sooo pretty) and after 2 weeks remove cloves and lemon slices. (I put the lemon slices in a ziploc bag in the fridge to use them in tea).

14 Likes

Oh wow I love this idea!! Thank you so much for sharing.

For dried lemon, is it something you make yourself?

7 Likes

I bought a food dehydrator a few weeks ago and it works beautifully!

7 Likes

Oh dang :flushed: I was just smacked in the face with childhood memories of being absolutely sick, getting a hot toddy, and feeling great the next day. (Side note – I do not condone/endorse/etc. giving children alcohol :laughing: that’s just my childhood, I guess!) I think for the winter months I need to make some of this, or something like it, to keep in my pantry :honey_pot:

Are there specific measurements to use? Or is it honey infused with the ingredients (lemon and clove) – and about how long do you think this would keep in the pantry?

8 Likes

My childhood memory too! Lol! I put 7 thin lemon slices in the jar with 10 cloves and filled the jar with honey. I let it infuse for 2 weeks. I’m not sure how long this will last because I was just experimenting, but I will let you know.

8 Likes

Okay, cool! Maybe I’ll join your experiment (after I go pick up some lemons!) :lemon: thanks for answering!

7 Likes

It would be so great to just go and pick some lemons! Lol! I would love to live in Florida!!!

7 Likes

Ohh I meant pick up lemons from the grocery store :sweat_smile: I wish I could go pick lemons, too, but I don’t have a lemon tree :lemon:

7 Likes

Lol! I thought you were walking to your backyard!

7 Likes

haha I wish! :sparkles: That would be pretty awesome!

7 Likes

I like to have lemon and honey tea whenever I’ve got a sore throat- it works wonders for healing :lemon: :honey_pot: :blush: But I’ve never added clove- the next time I whip up a batch of the throat healing tea, I’m going to sprinkle some in! :sparkles:

It sounds like your experimentation was a success, Ostara- thanks so much for sharing it! I can’t wait to give it a try :heart::coffee:

5 Likes

I have an addiction to cloves! I love them so much! As soon as I M able I am making some of this! I might make a bunch and do it for Christmas gifts!

6 Likes

Beautiful recipe. Thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

@Ostara
I am imagining Christmas making hot spiced cider, adding this lovely honey and a little cinnamon, Yummy! :santa:

7 Likes

Oh, this sounds so lovely! I’m going to have to give it a try myself.

5 Likes

That sounds yummy and smart

4 Likes