Life is too short for imposter syndrome

Women are infamous for suffering from Imposter Syndrome, probably because most of us grew up thinking only men can be successful. Excess insecurity causes a great and unnecessary conflict and anxiety.
I know because I and many others have suffered from it. But it passes…comes back with new challenges…recedes…rinse & repeat.

You have proven to yourself that you can succeed…and you’ll continue to do so.
Congratulations :tada:

11 Likes

Outstanding. 加油!

10 Likes

@starborn Oh boy can I resonate with that feeling. Ive been thinking of opening an etsy shop to sell the (made to order) spell necklaces, jars and candles I have made for friends in the past but I keep thinking that there are sooo many shops that mine will never make it, so I’ve put off starting it, even though I have everything I need to start it.
Gonna check out your shop now though :blush::blush::blush:

8 Likes

So true… :pensive:

I feel like we have to fight harder to be taken seriously, too. Like, it’s been ingrained that the things we do or think or try to contribute are all silly, overly “emotional,” not worth being taken seriously, etc. even if they’re the exact same as what another person is suggesting or doing. If I had a dollar for every time I gave an idea, had it rejected, and then a male colleague comes along saying the same thing and gets praised for it…

I already have to deal with enough imposter syndrome daily just from the nature of my software engineering job. The joy of always running into inexplicable problems and going through the gauntlet of “Did you try this? Did you try that? Are you sure you didn’t do that other thing wrong?” It’s part of the process, of course, but it can be tiring. :joy:

Now that I think about it… The family I grew up with didn’t help, either. Always telling me I can’t achieve anything. :roll_eyes:

Anyway, what I’m trying to say in more words than necessary, as usual, is… The hurdles seem to never end. I should be kinder to myself for getting tired by it all. But I’ll continue on.

And I’m grateful for everyone’s support x100 because of all of this. You’re helping to put the final nails in the coffin of my self-doubt. And I hope I can help others get the courage to “just do it,” too. :black_heart:

Oh no. I’m such a sucker for candles. :joy: I would love some! :heart_eyes: …If I can handle the shipping cost to Australia. :sweat_smile:

If you like, you can experiment on me for international shipping logistics. :joy:

If you have the time and energy, go for it! :black_heart:

And if you have any questions, I can probably help, too. :smile:

For example, since you’re selling physical products, I would say you might want to make only a few listings and set up variants on each one. Because each listing costs a flat amount to list at all. Then Etsy ads add up, if you use them… :face_exhaling:

I also have some experience with SEO from my website management days. So I can help with keywords a little, too. :smile: (But of course, I’ve been lazy with my own, because “I can fix them later”… :joy:)

8 Likes

Yeah I kinda figured that much out. Since its only me making the products its going to be a small shop but i prefer it that way :relieved:

7 Likes

A huge congrats to you, Katerina!!! :partying_face: :heart: That’s a big success- you’ve worked hard and earned it! May you wear your shiny new badge with pride :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkles:

Wishing continued success to you and your lovely shop!

8 Likes

Congrats on reaching Star Seller!

8 Likes

Thank you all for the well wishes. :face_holding_back_tears: :black_heart:

Speaking of which, you’ll let us know when it’s ready for sales, yes? :smile:

8 Likes

@starborn Probably won’t be until after Yule, have alot on my plate at the moment and want to be able to give it the attention it deserves, but yes I’ll post when i have it up and ready. :blush:

8 Likes

congratulations on your new achievement! You will surely succeed! you have the support of so many Spirits my dear who will always open a road to difficulties and you will find the magic key that will open the doors of success for you! congratulations my dear!

7 Likes

Thank you all~ You’ve all been so supportive. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I thought I’d just drop by to mention the milestone I hit this morning. :innocent:

100 sales. :partying_face:

Orders slowed since new years. But that’s been a pace I can manage, so I’m just happy to celebrate reaching 100. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Congratulations!!

8 Likes

That’s fabulous Well done you :partying_face:

7 Likes

Woohooo! A huge congrats to you, Katerina - that’s awesome! :partying_face: :100: :heart: :tada:

Cheers to the first 100, and cheers to 100 more!

7 Likes

Congratulations :confetti_ball::tada::purple_heart::people_hugging: @starborn

7 Likes

How did I miss this? Happy :100: :partying_face: :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Congratulations! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: This is 100% deserved - go you! :tada: :partying_face:

6 Likes

wow this is awesome!! Wish I could order from Etsy but the shipping cost is often more expensive than the item itself, also on Amazon.
Congratulations dear @starborn :heart:

9 Likes

Thank you, everyone. :silver_heart: :black_heart: I was hoping to reply individually, but I’ve already worn myself out. :sweat_smile: :laughing:

I often find the same. I don’t sell physical goods yet – it’s all digital so far – but when I do, I think I’m going to start with local (Australian) shipping only. I recently sent a few things to the US and the shipping was too much. :cry:

7 Likes